Grim Dawn Expansion Development News

As 2 quarters: Q2/Q3
With Q2: April, May, June
And Q3: July, August, September

April is over
Can’t be May
At best end of June if they start beta test within a week*
Q3 all open

*but I don’t believe the expension would have only one month of beta test as it’s much bigger than previous content patches

One thing is for sure we can get the game on or before December 31! :cool:

You, I like the way you think.

Well they are still adding stuff to the expansion, so i have no problems it being delayed, because of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Being a playtester I can assure you that it’s not even hinted at reaching testing yet, and as Crate constantly state…All times are estimates and they DO NOT give a set release date. :wink:

So very basically when it’s ready is when it will be released and Crate will not give anything other than estimate until they are ready to release, regardless of what hints a dev might or might not have given. :wink:

Does anyone know (or maybe the devs can answer) what will happen to all current (or currently obtainable) loot?
Will there be higher versions of current sets? Will our current set items be upgraded? I’ve farmed so hard for some of these things, it feels quite disheartening that I must farm it all over again :confused: Literally months of playtime down the drain (love the new content though, so it’ll have to be worth it).
Also, is it better to farm for rare mats rather than farm for items until the expansion arrives? Will the Tyrant’s hold smith (and blueprints) be upgraded, or will it become worthless?

New level cap will be 100. You won’t have to stay with lvl 75 items. There will be new higher level items. There will be stronger version of existing items - including some sets.
Existing item won’t be upgraded as you will still need to have items for the leveling.
Moreover, what would you do with your lvl 85 character if he had his lvl 75 equipment turned to lvl 95 items? It would be quite difficult to play, doesn’t it?

Some L50 items are currently used on L85 characters. Your gear isn’t going to suddenly be worthless… For the most part.

Will there be more Default Weapon Attacks in the expansion? None of the two new masteries seem to have one which makes me sad. Some kind of DWA with some AoE like Firestrike offers would be a nice thing. :rolleyes:

Or maybe 2H weapons getting AoE by default to buff them a little, so we finally see some 2H crucible gladiator builds.

There already is one, a 2H commando. But I agree, there should be more than one viable option for 2H to be able to do end game content competitively. Even then I say “viable” it still requires some pretty decent gear.

It will be my ulzuin set will suddenly be usless when character turns lvl 90 5k damage will be worthless by that lvl. Even a green lvl 90 faction weapon would be good making my set ulzuin set usless.

And how do you know this, exactly? Even the playtesters haven’t seen the expansion yet, and none of us have finalized stats on any item they’re adding. We’ve barely seen any of the items they’re adding.

You’re assuming, based on no solid information, that Crate, a company with one game, focused specifically on grinding loot, is going to think it’s an okay idea to make all the loot you ground for entirely useless, by adding 15 whole levels to their game.

Now does that sound like a solid business decision for Crate? Seems to me that’d piss a lot of people off, especially as, since it’s just 15 levels, they’d kind of have to go out of their way to do that. Somehow I don’t think that’s what’s going to happen.

Mine don’t need decent gear you should have said right skills and devotion. Wait for it to get to 85 and kill last boss I’ll post it on build guide it’s lvl 82

All I know guys, this is gonna be mega exciting expansion pack. SO.MUCH.STUFF.!!!

Crate Entertainment, I have a favour to ask of you. Please only release the xpack next year. I still have so many builds I want to try. Thank-you. :p:rolleyes:

I’m sure everyone else will agree with me. :cool:

No, man, nobody cares what builds you didn’t try. Most of us has been waiting for this xpac for too long and already tried every builds. You can still try those even after xpac release. Why you being so selfish lol

This, just not quite as harshly :wink: But yeah, we’ve been waiting forever, we don’t want to wait a single second longer than we have to :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget to change this to say “Q3/Q4” in the next week or so. Only one week left of Q2.

So it’s gone from Q1/Q2 to Q2/Q3 to Q3/Q4… any bets on 2018 yet?:eek:

Yea my build demolitionist rifle fire health regen leach tank commando is incomplete its missing the expansion bow to be exact saw a bow on the crate live stream. I want my inquisitor too so i can dual weild pistol lvl 2

No, but looks like Q3 is when we may see it.

“As is our custom, we’ve somehow made the expansion bigger than we planned but it’s shaping up nicely and I’m looking forward to seeing people play it. We still have a couple months of work to wrap that up and then it will require a testing period but it’s getting there. We may also be ready to share some news about our mysterious new project toward the end of the year…”

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53868