Grim Dawn Expansion Development News

wow, it all sounds amazing.

You to fall that the September release is already an extension? Or even earlier in August or in July? Very large, it will be as huge as you wrote in updates? A second extension is all you will and do, develop or did you? And the last question! As I understand it and realize how many fans of yours like myself, the next game, which will notify you at the end of the year, with the SECOND part of the GAME RIGHT? I understand you correctly guess, you know?

Are you using Google Translator, mate? Your english seems to be spoken by a martian. :smiley:

When you already plan to begin testing the extension soon, or it already is, do you? I very much hope that you will answer my questions little related to you!!!

Perhaps if you read some of the Development Updates you’d find out.

Has been said already: Expansion is around half the size of the main game, still a couple of months’ work before testing can begin and no idea how long that will take. There are no more expansions of GD planned at the moment. More news on the new game hopefully will be given towards the end of the year.

Can someone confirm?

No, because it’s not true. Crossbows only.

I also have no idea what “bow” he meant

if the the poster could post the link or image of the “so-called bow”

only bow looking type so far isharbinger the rest are crossbows

huh ? that clearly is a crossbow…

bow looking type

it looks like a crossbow when it’s hold by a character

the end part :stuck_out_tongue:

but it is a crossbow

not worded it correctly. my bad :frowning:

Sad to hear :confused: Bows would be THE super star feature of the expansion for me.

Why ? They offer nothing that you do not already get from crossbows and rifles.

You can search in this forum for threads about bows, many people think like me and you can find a lot of good reasons for bows.

When I use your argument, I could also say: Why axes or maces? They offer nothing you already get from swords. Why scepters? They offer nothing you already get from daggers. Why crossbows? They offer nothing you already get from guns.

The reason is easy: Bow is my #1 preferred weapon in ARPGs (doesn’t mean I don’t play other builds, otherwise I wouldn’t play Grim Dawn). I simply like using a bow. I don’t like using a crossbow and I don’t like using a gun, it is not fun to play with and looks bad. Double pistols is the only thing I like in regards of ranged weapons in Grim Dawn. There could be many more ranged weapon types like bows or throwable weapons (like knives) or shotguns.

Grim Dawn is my favourite ARPG and not having bows in here is the biggest flaw of the game for me.

Besides, bows make much more sense in a destroyed and by monsters overrun world where the few remaining people are fighting to survive and try to not starve than guns do. It is why the bow is the weapon you see in trailers for Horizon Zero Dawn. It makes too much sense.

The devs have mentioned that bows would require a new animation and they don’t have the resources needed to do it.

Having said that, you never know with Crate, they do surprise us sometimes; but I put that as a low chance for bows to make an appearance. The same can be said for staves.

Perhaps in the world of Cairn, bows/staves never became a thing, or they did and but were never used - who knows. Apparently in Cairn bows/staves were never a thing. Logic has nothing to do with it, it just the way it is in Cairn.

was just searching and found this one… not pretty sure if it’s for Grim dawn.

can someone please confirm… btw these guys are one’s doing the music composition for the expac

It’s now June, do you think the expansion will be done in the next month or will it be Q3 for sure?

Definitely not next month

it’s guaranteed a q4 release at most:p

It’s not done being made yet and it still needs to be playtested, so it will be late q3 at the earliest I’m guessing

Alrighty, just checking to plan ahead. Thanks.