Grim Dawn Expansion Development News

Let fools like Bear Grylls eat that stuff.

How about like TQ tombs? Some could be food and some could be traps.

Should let us drink it for a temporary boost in poison/acid resist.,

i think Nssheepster is right on alot of points… I mean the devs are active but in which way? If I communicate with people and they say something to me or give me some tips then iam listining and dont give stupid answers. There is no respect behind it and in some ways crate is doing so… not cool. I think alot of people love grim dawn ! In my opinion it is the best arpg out there. But its a raw diamond!

For example i gave the suggestion that the world map needs icons for citys and fractions to recognize it alot faster! Its easy to do but noone is listening and if, they say noone needs it :smiley: for me a stupid answer. Iam over 7 years in this forum and i read alot of things here but some are right and some are wrong from crate.

For example for no respect to the community was the debate between the nerfs of a old patch. Nearly all guys said the nerfs are stupid and crate said no. Thats the thing what Nssheepster described with “why”. If crate say we did this nerfs because of the upcoming expansion and the new lvl cap of 100 everyone would understand it. It was the nerfs to devotions and some to the soldier.

Why do you need icons for the cities when their names are clearly shown on the map? :confused:

“welcome to sky valley”

well, since you proposed it you will of course disagree when they say no… but quite frankly no one does need icons for cities, that is simply true

For example for no respect to the community was the debate between the nerfs of a old patch. Nearly all guys said the nerfs are stupid and crate said no. Thats the thing what Nssheepster described with “why”. If crate say we did this nerfs because of the upcoming expansion and the new lvl cap of 100 everyone would understand it. It was the nerfs to devotions and some to the soldier.

So what if they had said ‘we made the changes for better balancing’, does that help you at all ? Of course that is why they did them.

There will always be someone whining about a nerf, regardless of how justified it is. Just look at the forum, the few nerfs get a lot more attention than the many buffs.

Starting a discussion on nerfs will never lead anywhere, Crate won’t convince the whiners and the whiners do usually not have a good argument to begin with. The few times they did, the nerf was adjusted, so Crate is listening, they just avoid being bogged down in endless discussions.

why not ? for beginners its alot better to have some… you dont have to think about… hmm where was this faction again and so on. easy peasy. i dont need it but its a little thing which would make the world even better :smiley:

its not about the nerfs :wink: its about communication (in titan quest) they failed :wink: dont make the same mistakes

Wat :confused:

I’m sorry that we don’t break down every decision we make, but unfortunately that takes time and the game isn’t made by a committee. If a change/addition makes a patch, then we must have thought there was a good reason for it.

Sometimes we are wrong, and a future patch makes more changes, but generally that has not been the case.

There is a fundamental difference between a vocal minority and a silent majority.

Soldier only received buffs in 1.0.0.9. :confused:
Edit: OK, no, one nerf. Misinterpreted Markovian’s Defense change.

Yeah Nixon was right after all…

Should let us drink it to poison ourselves and kill ourselves slowly

It’s not a stupid answer, it’s something they don’t want it’s not something many would want. And no one really needs to think where a specific faction can be found since the faction window shows us their respective hometowns

As for the topic of nerfs, I ain’t touching that with 60 feet pole. I am usually one the other side of “balancing” and stuff and stirring up that debate now is pointless. Let’s just say a certain sect of players have a different definition of “OP” and “Broken”

Also I am not sure what you mean about the rest of stuff. Sure there are a bunch of disagreements but these devs listen a lot more than anyone else out there. I mean these guys were working on X-Mas to give us a hotfix

So meine Prüfungen sind fertig

Danke dass ihr so lange mit dem release gewartet habt, sonst wäre mein Schnitt mit sicherheit schlechter geworden

Ihr dürft jetzt releasen

Any plans on revamping the item detail screens? Some of them are so long I can’t even see the name of the augment I have on them.

You can use the scroll wheel to see the full tooltip.

You can use mouse scroll to see the full tooltip.

Btw, will the expansion remove Cloud Saving option?

I personally never have been affected by it, but i still see some newbies wondering where their save files disappear off to?

Removing it or maybe not keeping it “checked” by default might help imo

If we remove it, others would just ask to have it back.

The default setting has been a topic of discussion for a long time. On one hand you do get the occasional person impacted by Steam Cloud issues, on the other we get far more who don’t understand that setting and then wonder why their saves are gone if they format/play on another PC.

1451hrs of playtime and it never occurred to me. If I weren’t so hung up on buying pots one by one, I might have noticed. :confused:

-Agreed

-But isn’t the “format” thing less likely to occur? Most I think play this as a “true” single player game because of the lack 24/7 online mode.
And I think it is easier for people to deduce why their saved games have vanished when they formatted their PC than why their saves have disappeared caused they messed with the weird option in the settings

This is my take on the situation though since as a “classic” gamer I am used to looking for where the “save folder” is before starting.