Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.2

Health regen has become very good. I have builds for SR with reliable 3.5K regen and it works well

2 Likes

Nice patch, buffs to devos, ranged weapons and sets are great (Stronghold in particular looks really strong now). The only change I dislike is Hydra, don’t get the point.

Can you show a build that doesn’t have to heavily invest to achieve that though? I still feel regen requires much more investment than life steal does, and it is somewhat mastery dependent too.

it depends on the builds a lot of course.

How close tree is to other devos you need. Like if you were ulzuin in crucible but want to do SR 80 then with this patch there is no better time to take the new Empyrion + ToL (if you can swing the OA).

Or if you are a caster, Giants blood is great with CDR

then there’s gear dependencies. certainly wou will sacrifice some damage for this but that’s up to the player to balance

I used Tol here. In fact mixing Regen with %heal procs is and even better combo

I use ToL and health regen on Stun jacks build, but don’t have enough damage to kill stuff fast and it’s meme build. But some builds can utilize it. As for pets, they tend to work great with defensive procs and ToL is also close to Ishtak.

That’s an odd route indeed, how does it compare to just taking Ghoul and be patient with pulling? I feel like pierce BM can’t really be killed at that level if you don’t get gangbanged anyway.

The thing with health regen is it always need extra planning to really work, you either invest in it or you don’t. Its no surprise that the meta is just to loldps everything with Ghoul.

At SR 77+ 5 sec Ghoul is unreliable for this build (not all)

I’ve done SR with dps version, but you cannot claim it can be 100% reliable.

The route actually look nice in this case. You get to keep Azrakaa, Assassin, Harp/Harpy. You really don’t give up a lot.

Gear wise it is just the Amulet and Belt really. And the amulet is not necessarily BiS. It just bulks you up and gives %max resists which at SR 75+ are pretty valuable.

Azrakaa sands ammy could be interesting too

Also the build is desigend to take on SR 80 as well where you can bet Ghoul will fail you with Belgo

Btw, on the Topic of Health Regen… https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28eJ8eV

(Credits go to @Snowmanplayer123 AKA “The Duck”)

Ahaha, N1.

Hi, is there a hidden change to drop rate guys? I was pretty sure yesterday I got bombarded with loots running around in gloomward. Got even 3 - 4 wraith offhands but after the patch Kupababa’s nemesis pile (err can’t even type his name correctly) dropped only like, 6 items?

Drunk cruising, huh?
Don’t forget to drink all those jelly balms then as well (different kinds stack)

I have no idea what any of it means…

So the 1.1.1.5.0 is October,right?

In the fall some time is all we know. Nothing more definite and probably won’t be until nearer release date.

I would like to read a lore note about this.
“Day 3 in the medic, my back pain is killing me…”.

I have yet to find Zantarin again because currently I’m levelling my chars after starting from zero, but I’m glad our old boney warlock nemesis is getting some love. Have someone met him already that can tell how is he now?

41 posts were split to a new topic: Revert nerf to Anatomy of Murder

Soooo glad EoR got more nerfs. Amazing. :frowning: after just a little over 8 mil Transmutes last night for my Warborn set.

P.S. Set and build are probably still fine, they are “good”, but they are getting progressively further away from “great”, regardless of time and currency invested in the build itself.

We have our fights but here we agree. For me, it´s a 54 % nerf (old: 35 %, new: 16 %) in this case. Plus, as mentioned the nerfs in Guthook Belt (52 % nerf, from 25 % to 12 %) and Direwolf Crest (33 % nerf, from 18 % to 12 %).

I don´t exactly rely only on this damage but surely it helped. And the compensation from Fox and Owl/Throne (my devotion route) is nice-to-have but not so much.

If it is about the damage, then a compensation like “X% less Damage from Humans” (AoM) would have been fine. Less damage, more defense.

Edit:
Have to be fair; Guthook Belt got buffed a little bit defensively (DA and Chaos Resistance), so there was a compensation there.

His spell repertoire FX is flashier.

This gave him a confidence boost so he is slightly faster too