Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.1 Hotfix 1

I’m assuming the Conduit still works like the transmuter as well and is just a pet swap, hence the rings/belt choice. Also, over 1500 base Electrocute/s on one skill is crazy, kudos on the idea.

NGL I hadn’t considered that but it is actually how it should work, yes.

Those choices were just the best options for raw electrocute. But now the build looks even better!

Wait so they convert aether back to lightning? If yes… that’s amazing :open_mouth: But when can you convert a skill twice and when not?

Still would kill his Playstyle of a pet-class where it’s summoning feels like an more active skill / role… so a -1 on my side as well for this suggestion, it would destroy the most interesting and unique aspect about this pet. There are enough constant summons in this Game already and a “immortal” one with guardians… no reason / neccissity to take that unique thrait of constant re-summoning away from skellys.

Conversion on mods and transmuters to player scaled pets is not actual conversion, but an entire new pet. So you can convert the damage on the new pet.

Interesting. So with seal of might you can go physical storm totem :expressionless:

Internal Traumotem

2 Likes

Enemy aether resist was reduced by 3% for Elite and Ultimate. A small bit of compensation I guess.

Still, I agree that removing the RR was not a good move. It’s not like the player gets it for “free.” It takes time, attention, (character) energy, and a slot to cast the skill. And sometimes it’s not even worth the 8% RR. Now the skill will almost never be worth casting unless desperate for a devotion proccer.

Shadow strike line nerf was long overdue but it should be revised.

Nightfall WD nerf should be reverted at a cost of additional AoE decrease, DoTs decrease or SS cd increase (main skill or NJE).

Shadow strike builds rely heavily on adcth from Nightfall, there is no way around it if you want to main this skill. WD nerf has hit the sustainability very hard. Consequently the strongest SS builds which killed on sight are only slightly slower now while the other builds that require some facetanking can no longer sustain even a short fight.

There are other builds in the game, not only cold ones with Morgoneth set and OP weapons. This universal nerf was too impactful for them.

Other changes in the patch are good, thanks.

2 Likes

Understand completely but i prefer more “static” summons. I don’t want another keyboard bashing builds like caster ones. :slight_smile: Why bashing? Because they are sooo ridiculously fragile like a butterfly against my cat (literally, poor butterflies my kitteh hunting down them all the time :cry:)
When i play with skellyz at high level i feel like i’m a caster rather than a summoner. :joy:
(Prefering chill playstyle)

Ofc. We have another taste and that is good! Still respecting your opinion mate! :blush:

I hope (at least) my Revenant idea somehow realizing in future. :blush:

The %WD nerf strikes me as a bit odd since the premier shake&bake setups are rather anorexic on flat cold. Flat frostburn is mostly absent on these builds outside of choice sources and the throughput on nightfall is low compared to nearly every other offensive skill in the arsenal. Rebalancing the whole of SS when the skill only started becoming problematic upon the arrival of Morg set doesn’t make a ton of sense. Granted the %WD nerf falls most heavily on 2h builds, but they weren’t premier options until winter king was momentarily overstatted. Would have been more preferable to nerf the flat values inherent to nightfall to adjust its baseline, then touch up the innate %ADCTH if the healing was also deemed an issue.

And again, if morg SS is problematic just nerf morg more. Rebalancing SS around the plentiful skill bonuses it gives shafts the other SS setups that aren’t swimming in skill points. Sure, go ahead and let those high ranks of SS perform well, just don’t hand them out for free to morg set since cold is already favored by numerous other items.

So memey conduits might bite Zantai back in the ass after all :rofl:

You don’t even need that lol. Beronath (from lightning) or gladiator belt (from vit) will do.

I agree with this. When you line up the current Aether Corruption with the other Seal abilities, it doesn’t look good.

Even if the RR wasn’t reintroduced to it, maybe we could get something to make it more appealing, like a chunk of -OA/DA.

2 Likes

Wait a second, I made a thread in the Ideas section about how to support Black Scourge weapon so that you can reliably summon the pets (because right now, there’s no build out there that can really do so while also having anything resembling decent pet stats), and all I got was a “lol, don’t try to kill enemies yourself on a pet build,” and all Maya needed to do was post #deadbuild and a few bird gifs and that change ended up going through?

I could have posted this sooner, but if fewer multiple-paragraph essays and more gifs lead to changes being made, hmm…

Yup because making a hybrid build work is as easy as giving 50% conversion to an item…

1 Like

Clearly, Zantai is trying to make the item into something people can use, because he buffed it in patch 1.1.6.0:

However, the buffs make no sense. He wants there to be incentive for people to be able to summon the pets, but the three pet classes - Occultist, Shaman, and Necromancer - have zero Chaos RR to them. Conjurer is in dire need of skill points just to keep up with pet skills and buffs, so there’s zero room for a nuke like Doom Bolt to summon the critters.

That’s the problem with the patch’s approach to pet builds in general. On paper, there are numerous pet items that were given buffs, some quite generous. However, the items are either completely blocked by a set that does the item’s function much better and has no reason to break it, or the buffs do nothing to address the real problems new types of pet builds have. Then, when we feel jilted that the buffs don’t address anything substantial, any nerfs like the one to Cataclysm’s Eye feel that much more painful.

On the balance sheet, the patch notes say lots of buffs to pet builds. In practice, however, was there a build that couldn’t manage to make anything work and then the buffed item made the build playable? I’m not talking about the new items like Gate to Many Worlds (which was ironic that people were dunking on this as a meme item when in reality it has been one of the few good and original pet items that really add to diversity), I’m talking about the Mythical Fiendmaster Raiment, Mythical Heart of the Sand King, Mythical Reaper of the Accursed, the Hellhound modifiers for Sovereign Ruby, Mythical Will of Bysmiel when Bysmiel set exists, and other items. Did any of those buffs address an outstanding issue that makes pet players who wouldn’t normally use the item now design a new build around it?

This is what Maya means when bird says “this patch didn’t really add anything.” Outclassed items remain outclassed, mandatory sets remain mandatory, and the nerfs, even if small in number, are felt more than the buffs, even if they’re larger in number.

2 Likes

pet
buiiiilds

really, just add them as examples.

Also fuck mythical will of bysmiel with an obsidian war cleaver up in the … good riddance.

3 Likes

Great I completely forgot to thank you for these changes.

okami29