Grim Misadventure #100: On the Horizon

All the same it would be cool if some new crucible exclusive equipment are added. Just a few pieces of epic/legendary that can only be attained through the crucible. May be even give them a new color coding or mention something clearly indicative of the crucible in the item name/description. Like the “Badge of the Crucible” or an armor named the “Plate of the Pitlord”.

Also just a few crucible exclusive hero monsters and a couple of ultra bosses, one in the final wave and one with a small chance to spawn after the last wave as a surprise encounter, will make the crucible worth completing again and again.

Please Crate, give us this.

If you actually farm Nemesis guys for an real period of time you will end up with way more warrants than you know what to do with I have a stash full of these now useless things if you want some. The drop rate is not bad by any means, you don’t need to sit there and hard farm them to get warrants that much is for sure

I’m sure. But I prefer killing every nemesis once with a build, then move on to another character. Chasing after them isn’t particularly more efficient than just grinding rep with the character in question, which is spectacularly backwards. And from what I’ve seen, their drop rates aren’t anything to write home about, either.

one mob i hope they use again is the corrupted captain from the Armory :wink:

all the other boss models (except final) are reused in the game already, except him. he’s a cool mob he would make a good addition to Crucible imo

and getting DEVOTION points is huge, that’s definitely a way to progress your character. and glad they put that in otherwise there would be no reason for me to buy it i have 1100 hours and all the loot :rolleyes:

i would however expect a paid addition to have some new art assets =/ may wait on picking this up till i hear what people think

Wow!! 100th already… Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

Rogue-like aetherial dungeon sounds good but please don’t place aether floor too much, maybe give us some new environmental damage like falling aether shards or traps or something different. I wonder who’d be the big boss of this dungeon.

With a few exceptions, nearly every enemy that is available to fight in the game and a handful that aren’t can be fought in the Crucible.

i would however expect a paid addition to have some new art assets =/ may wait on picking this up till i hear what people think

Hmm? Of course there is new art. Heck, some of it was shown off in misadventure #99.

Nine, you will go to stream Crucible?

What about balance changes & skills ?

No preview ?

When can we expect the new patch?

Level cap will be raised with expansions. You can purchase devotion points with tributes in the Crucible.

Wait. More details plz?

1. Is the devotion cap raised, or you are just effectively saving on crafting materials by not spending them on shrines in the main campaign?

2. If it’s the latter, how feasible it is to acquire devotion points this way with a lower level character?

3. If it’s still the latter, are the points restricted in some way to the character that buys them (awarded directly, soulbound consumable) or can they be transferred to others?

Unrelated query:

Are there other ways to spend tribute outside arena bonuses? Personally, I would love to see something like…

A. Reroll an item, including completion bonuses (I think only ever made 1 Badge of Mastery with relevant bonuses).
B. Purchase purple blueprints.
C. Attribute point refunds.

I’ll think about it. I’ve been too busy lately to stream.

There will be many balance adjustments made to classes, devotions and items.

The cap has not been changed. It’s simply an alternative method to obtaining the points. It’s fairly pricey, but doable. Points are received in the same basic way you would receive them from a shrine. It’s just instead of restoring a shrine, you are giving tribute currency to an NPC.

The only thing for actual character growth that tributes can used for is purchasing devotion points. Blueprints for legendaries are a pretty common reward in the crucible, I find.

Wait a minute. So basically what you mean is that for a high level toon who has already cleansed all the devotion shrines and found all the gear in the game, there are no new monsters to fight, no new gear and can not even take advantage of the devotion points because he has already reached the cap.:undecided:

Well, the arena style gameplay would still be more than worth the bucks, but it could had been really grand with some real prizes at stake even for the high level toons.

I guess it’s too late now to add new content, but may be…just may be Crate decides to add them later with an addon patch.:stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly, I have to agree here. Absolutely NO character development at all, I certainly had hoped for at least something, and some more devotion points(cap raise I mean) felt perfect and I was already very excited about that, because ALL my toons that have completed anything in the game could use a few more devotion points sooo well :cry: And yeah, some special equipment that can only be aquired in the arena would be very nice too.

Gonna buy the crucible anyway ofc, but had hoped for at least a little more :undecided: But I’m also looking forward to the new dungeon, looks great! :slight_smile:

John Bourbon’s clone arena!

OK very disappointed to hear Crucible can’t actually work as endgame content for high level toons :frowning:

no new gear, mobs, or rewards. i thought devotion points meant the cap would be raised. i play with some friends now we LAN constantly but were counting on this as an endgame style addition. now it sounds like just another treadmill for leveling an alt?

this is the first sad news i’ve had from Crate, so i suppose we were due, but we’ll probably wait to pick this up until new loot is added later.

the screenshots i saw looked like reusing the same assets from the world builder no? that’s great if there’s new stuff. still a bit disappointed that this will be just a new leveling option for alts, with nothing new to offer our high level main characters, aside from brownie points =P

so for high level toons there will be a lot more content in the FREE add-ons later than in the Crucible itself. somehow this seems backwards :rolleyes:

Ohh god, please no :eek:

Not sure how it can’t work as an endgame. It’s quite challenging and you are rewarded with lots of quality items, including monster infrequents and legendaries. If anything, it’s the most endgame mode Grim Dawn has at this point. Leveling is something you can do in it, but it’s hardly the focus of the Crucible.

This game has a fairly small loot pool, so what you’re saying is if your toon is already 85 and kitted out there’s nothing for you in there. I think many of us were assuming new stuff, or at least raised Devotion cap.

I’m sure I’ll use it as a treadmill for leveling alts, but my mains wouldn’t find anything in there they don’t have already.

What would be nice in the crucible to earn, are stuff that change your appearance. Just like the things u get from Kory the Keeper.

The crucible is a game mode and was never advertised as having it’s own unique loot or other forms of character progression. Stuff like cap raises are going to be part of actual expansions.

On the flip side, once new items are introduced, which is inevitable, you will have a pretty good way of getting them with the crucible. It’s also something that can actually challenge your super decked-out characters.

Adding new items exclusively through DLC is an excellent way to splinter the Multiplayer community by requiring all players joining an MP session to have the same DLC installed (otherwise some players have data for the items, and others do not).

While such a requirement is fine for an expansion-sized addition, it did not seem appropriate for a new game mode that was a Kickstarter stretch goal.

There will be new items in 1.0.0.6, and they will also drop in the Crucible.