Grim Misadventure #100: On the Horizon

Level cap will be raised with expansions. You can purchase devotion points with tributes in the Crucible.

Ahh…ok. Purchasing devotion points…? Well, its fine but I think devotion being related to kind of righteousness and cleansing shrines according to the in-game lore, just simply purchasing the devotion points doesn’t quite fit in the context, IMO. I would suggest that even if the devs don’t add the shrines directly to the arena, players who choose to purchase the devotion points should be teleported to a small side area where they need to cleanse the shrine of corruption to get the point. That would feel much more badass, lorewise.

Also, no level cap increase…? Not even a minimal one(85–>90).:frowning:

Well maybe it won’t matter much in the end when the expansion comes out.:wink:

Congratulations in the 100th Misadventure!

Very happy about the new items news and also the new area and new lore.

I had a feeling that aether resistance would no longer be so much ignored:p

Reading about the new guy I’m starting to wonder if all gods aren’t cunts.

What if Ch’thon was actually the nicest guy around? What if his cult was simply trying to bring a golden age peace and prosperity through the resurrection of Ch’thon?
i.e Ch’thon is Kronos and Mogdrogen is Zeus. Kind of.

Anywho, it’s a nice Misandventure for the 100th! That new Aetherial Dungeon looks amazing, a destroyed city is just the right thing! Let’s hope the ground hazards aren’t too annoying.

Congtrats on the 100th Misadventure. I’m just starting this game and looking fwd for more content :smiley:

I’ll just go ahead and say it:

The Grim Dawn dev team is one of the most open, honest, objective, hard working and caring game development teams I have ever had contact with, and one of my good friends is the lead environmental artist for WoW at Blizzard.

I think with a bigger team, the same leadership, and even more up-to-par talent, Crate could become a new Blizzard (not the CURRENT one mind you, but as they were when they had just released WoW and people were still enjoying Diablo II). Perhaps even something better. Maybe one day there will be an MMO set in the Grim Dawn universe :smiley:

Please keep up the wonderful hard work, endless communication and snarky mean comments we have come to enjoy on these forums :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re either making a “tribute” to a shrine or a tribute to Lokarr, who is a divine being. The lore seems pretty intact to me…

Well, in that case, it’s fine. Makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, Nine.

On a side note, I absolutely trust the ability of the devs to make the best decisions possible in favor of GD and for the players.

Cheers.

I must have misunderstood,

“As a way to track your Successes across the Crucibles, and to compare your prowess with your friends (and adversaries), the Crucible scores your performance.”

I figured it would be a global leaderboard as Incredible Van Helsing or Siege Hero among others …

That does sound pretty misleading, but it is definitely only a local leaderboard.

Will we get reputation for killing enemies in the Crucible?

No, factions are disabled in the Crucible. Primarily because then enemies of different factions would all be attacking one another.

Bleh.

WTB higher drop rates on warrants, or make them sellable through faction vendors (Arkovians - Undead, Devil’s Crossing - Bandits, etc.)

Primarily because then enemies of different factions would all be attacking one another.

That could actually be used for a fun game mode. Spawn in the middle of the arena, all enemy factions are up with respective super champion monsters that gain power from killing the other faction enemies.

That would be pretty fun to watch for one playsession but then you’ll have to fight into the fray to make it not boring. Which would be seriously fun, I’d play the shit out of that game.

hang on a second i must not be reading this right- so the Crucible will be released as a PAY expansion without any new loot??

many of us have probably found every legendary several times over by now, i was really hoping for new items with Crucible…

i’m hoping i’ve got this wrong- because the new tiered loot system they are introducing doesn’t make any sense if all it does is pick from the stuff that’s already in the game.

It’s not an expansion, though…

so just to clarify Crucible is a payed expansion, but without new mobs or new loot? so Crucible will drop all the same gear we have now?

very cool, as long as there are rewards for Crucible that we can’t already get anywhere, i’m good!

so we can buy more devotion points, and i’m guessing stat points as well. it doesn’t sound like they are adding any new artwork per se (or new mobs) so obviously they have to tempt us to pay for it all the same haha- the way to do that is to offer some kind of rewards for max toons in Crucible, new loot, stats, devotions etc.

well sounds like there won’t be any new loot but if we can get more stats and devotions that should still make it fun for lvl 85 characters :wink:

it is paid DLC, not an expansion. No new loot, enemies or areas for the main game (hence not an expansion).

It is a new game mode (survival) outside the main campaign where swarms of enemies rush you in waves in an arena.

If you actually farm Nemesis guys for an real period of time you will end up with way more warrants than you know what to do with :stuck_out_tongue: I have a stash full of these now useless things if you want some. The drop rate is not bad by any means, you don’t need to sit there and hard farm them to get warrants that much is for sure