Grim Misadventure #112: A New You

Transmog, yessssssss! My useless collection of items I never use is vindicated!

Also, RIP my bank.

That doesn’t seem like a very useful definition. I think often there’s too much focus on minute details like this (which person it’s in, are you slashing or shooting, etc.), as opposed to more far-reaching gameplay effects (how much role-playing, how important is loot, how is loot distributed, what’s the pacing like).

About 10 years ago, I’ve seen Hack&Slash widely used to specifically refer to fast-paced loot-heavy hordes-of-monsters games, which was the whole bucket of Diablo, Sacred, Loki, etc. Maybe you weren’t always slashing, per se, but you were likely repeatedly whacking monsters with a button, whether it was a sword attack or a fireball.

Contrasted with, say, Nox. People who don’t know better and categorize games based on controls or viewpoint keep trying to lump Nox with Diablo.

Hack & Slash seems to have a long history and I’d argue it’s a fairly useless term at this point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_and_slash

I think a lot of this happens due to the PC-console split. If you only play on PC, the games that the other definition of H&S could refer to practically didn’t exist, and vice versa. Now, they merged, rendering the term practically useless.

Dynasty Warriors is also fairly distinct from all the other games like Devil May Cry, as well, I would really not lump them into the same category at all.

we’ll be getting a release of new line of fashion sets later in Grim Misadventure #113: A “Newer” You :rolleyes:

hack and slash means what it says, a game about hacking and slashing, diablo was, therefore GD is

the RP aspect in diablo like games are as deep as a dry puddle

eh, 40+ characters with their own set of comboes = no option
really?
you might mean no costumization

I think the real “culprit” can be found in (some of) the a-jrpg, which were basically stats & loot games with action combat

IT’S THIS TIME OF THE WEEK AGAIN.

Oh my, would you look at the day :rolleyes: I can’t believe it’s already been 2 weeks, it went so fast!
(nah JK, it was an excruciating wait all along)

I think the new misadventures is going to be quite mythical.

Our fate looks grim.

There should be the announcement of the eighth mastery.
Last GM, we were down to “necropsy” so, today, it can only be “necro” or “psy” (or “crop”) and, as they reveal it, they should do it properly.

There will be a lot of F5ing

Wat .

Will we be able to make items invisible with the Illusionist? This questions may have been asked already, but I did not see a dev response.

What happens when you have several variants of the same item, for example a common a magic and a rare version? Does the level requirement disappear as soon as you find the common variant?

It uses the base level of the item, affixes not included.

Alright, thank you!

A quick question, and apologies if it’s already been answered during the course of the now 30-page thread, but would crossbows and rifles, both being ranged two-handed weapons, be considered as being in “the same animation category”?

Jeej illusions. Now I don’t have to update my mod. Because I wasn’t going to.

With all these updates I think I’ll have another go at the game, if I can find the time.

will there be a ‘vanish dye’ option, as in making a slot invisible?

I assume the item collection will be updated every time we pick up a new item. Does it also count items already stored in the stash or we have to move them around a bit when playing the expansion for the first time?

That would be neat at least for the head.

/10char/10char