Grim Misadventure #142: A Shattering Revelation

FG is not getting released next month.

No. From the 13th April stream:

“New game mode: I would put that on the same sort of involvement as the Crucible, but it actually starts from within the main world. So you wouldn’t go to the main menu and load up the Crucible and host that, you would actually go to the main campaign, go to a place in the world and that’s where the game mode is. All I can tell you about the new game mode is it’s very shattering.”

So that means the new “mode” is also going to be compatible with mods which currently aren’t working with Crucible?

it is not intended as a replacement of the campaign, and to me doing so would not exactly be ideal at all. Not sure where the obsession of some for endlessly grinding meaningless random areas even comes from.

Guess that depends on the modders making whatever changes they need to to make the mods compatible.

seems safe to assume that, yes

Korvaak bless Crate Entertainment for that. YES!

I admit I did not care for The Crucible much because it was “outside” the campain. So excellent idea to put an neverending dungeon in the world! Looking forward to that.

BTW: Is is somehow possible to get the shattering realm-timer HUD as a regular HUD for the game? I mean that sphinx with the wings bent forward. :slight_smile:

The HUD is a gun.

I admit I did not notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

But what I originally meant was the general HUB with the angel on the right side and the devil/demon on the left. Those 2 frame the skillbar in the middle.

Well, ARPGs are grindy in nature, and I don’t see much difference between grinding the same map over and over again or grinding in random maps.

I actually grind very little and definitely avoid the grindier ones. My ‘grind’ is playing it again with a new char (frequently in parallel, as that increases the likelihood of getting the right uniques between them).

So to me they are as grindy as you make them, and running the same area over and over to get one drop is something I almost never do, and never for long. It does not matter whether that area is static or ‘random’, it gets boring just as fast either way.
I never found a game where randomness helped at all to keep it entertaining, it is still the same tilesets with the same monsters, so nothing gained.

For randomness for me to add anything I need maybe 3 times the quests, locations, monster types and bosses than I would encounter during one full game, as that is the only way I actually see something new instead of the same old content - and I understand why no one spends that effort :wink:

Release date tomorrow or riot.

Start rioting then, because no way will you get a release date tomorrow. FG isn’t even in testing yet. Devs will only give us the release date a few days before it actually happens as they did with AoM - announced release date on the 6th October - released on the 11th.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56366

Let the man dream. You have to BELIEEVEEEE!

I also don’t do that actually, but since the map is always the same, you grind the same areas over and over again, at least 3 times per character due to the difficulties. So after your first or second character, it just becomes a grind in my eyes. That is part of the reason why I am a bit tired of GD already (I have about 250 hours now), because I know every corner and every quest in and out.

I’m not criticizing the game for that, it’s just the nature of every game. But more content on top of the story (i.e. rifts) is always a welcome addition in my eyes :slight_smile:

No, because then you’ll keep going on and on like el critico does about his holy mastery. :eek:

I’m calling Crate will probably elaborate on the gamemode a bit tomorrow and maybe show off something else, like the Whirlwind skill.

Could be something about the new hostile faction. Haven’t heard much about that yet.

promise I wont whine about the mastery again, lesson learned. If Zantai releases the mastery later and it turns out good despite not having a holy name, then I will forgive him. Life has to move on.

But if its looks bad and horrible idk better not release it:p