Grim Misadventure #142: A Shattering Revelation

Or perhaps the remaining constellations. Unless they want to give that to us as a spoiler in a dev stream.

Well, there’s only one left now. We’ve seen 6 in a GM

and Zantai’s already shown the other two in a stream.

The final one might be part of the GM today, but won’t be all of it I wouldn’t think.

You said that Sandclaw and Nighttalon were probably the same constellation. And likley that the name Sandclaw was dropped in favor of Nighttalon. If that is the case than we still need one constellations name and image, and the image from Korvaak constellation.

About the shattered realm: It’s ok to have random enemy spawns and to play the maps in random order, but I just hope the map layouts are fixed. I enjoy handcrafted maps much more than stuff randomly put together by the game.

No, we don’t. There’s only Korvaak to come. Lotus, Mantis, Nighttalon, Scarab, Hyrian and Ulzaad were in the GM and Azrakaa and Yugo shown in the stream. That makes 8 out of the 9 constellations FG will have.

Your right, it was before the stream when Azrakaa and Yugo was shown. :eek:

So only the image of Korvaak remains, and that makes me wonder on why it hasn’t been shown yet. His appearance must tell something. :wink:

Do we know if the maps are going to be randomly generated or fixed? I personally hope it’s a combination. Let us have some fixed ones, but for the most part be randomly generated using handcrafted chunks randomly strung or pieced together.

Hmm… so, Nephalem portals for GD…
Tbh, that’s exactly the stuff why I still value TQ higher than GD. :frowning:

^Matter of opinion. I like mindless farming… ocasionally. TQ is still the better game thats tue but not for that reason.

It is better because it has Nymphs and Meanads and Lamias and and and… imho the monster variety is a lot better and more intersting in TQ and that gives it a lot of charm. :wink:

If only it had a “Move” button.

That’s a big issue, all things considered.

GD is the superior experience due to that alone.

As much as I love, and I do mean absolutely LOVE the setting of TQ, I cannot go back to “Click, click, click to move”.

You have always been able to move in TQ by just holding down the LMB and moving it around the screen, same as in GD.

I have to agree. GD is the better user experience, hands down. There’s so much QoL going on in it in comparison, it’s miles beyond TQ. In every way.

The only thing anyone can say in TQ’s defense in this regard is, “I like the setting more”. And we know that’s just a lesson in subjectivity. And the VA is nice as well. Then again TQ’s budget far outstripped GD’s, so, there’s that.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

He’s referring more to the combat specifically I think. Kill an enemy… guess what? Gotta click. Again. And again. And again. And ag…

FWIW, there are days (like today) when holding down LMB is painful. holding down ‘A’ and moving the mouse/trackpad around is doable though…

And again, no. I can hold down the LMB and fire off my bow/staff and hit one enemy after another without making separate clicks. I just move the pointer to each one as they come into range. Same for melee attacks, though I’m more inclined to click separately when playing melee.

Did they change something with the anniversary updates? I can clearly remember this not being the case back when I used to play.

There’s a reason why Crate has “classic controls” in the options as a throwback for TQ jarheads who enjoy being punished. They classically suck tho. I would just toss em out.

No, it was the same in TQIT. I didn’t know about the movement thing for many years and had been clicking away to get around. Then someone on the TQ.net forum told me and hey presto, saved my mouse and fingers some work. :slight_smile:

That would be weird if I didn’t notice it then. I’m not one to be afraid to open up the options and dig around for such things. Surprisingly in this day and age there are people breathing the same air we do who apparently don’t realise games have options and worse, they are deathly afraid to even contemplate looking for such a thing and would rather make forum posts complaining about not having such and such feature. The world is such an interesting place.

There’s nothing in the game options re movement or classic targetting. The AE version only added Fast and Very Fast options to the game’s Normal speed, that’s all. Whether there’s anything in the options.txt file for it I don’t know.

I remember it being like that 10 years ago already

There’s a reason why Crate has “classic controls” in the options as a throwback for TQ jarheads who enjoy being punished.

I always thought that was for the Diablo fans :wink: - quite frankly, I never understood who that option was intended for at all, masochists I assume