Grim Misadventure #143: Challenging Expectations

That wasn’t the impression I got from Friday’s stream. It’s basically an unending dungeon where you get loot in a similar way to how you do in Crucible. For story and context I think you’re going to want the rest of Forgotten Gods, not the Shattered Realm part.

Zantai only showed how it work, it can have NPCs telling the backstory of the place outside of it and give context why it’s even there. It would be weird to put this place in the actual main campaign and not give any context to why it’s there. Everything else in the game has context, why wouldn’t this have it? It would feel out of place.

Maybe. Could be an NPC will wander in once you’ve killed a boss - like they do in TQIT/AE.

Now that i think about it, Crucible does have some context. Lokarr wants to test warriors to see how far they can go. It’s something at least.

No worries, I play those too, but grind for the sake of grind is not something I am interested in :wink:

If you like mindless grind, I suggest Clicker Heroes :wink: That basically is how I feel about rifts / maps

There is this, at least:

It’s not much to go on, but hopefully that means they do at least have some explanations in mind as to the origins and/or purpose of the Shattered Realm.

One cent says my Commando with a over 4.5k armor rating will kick ass all these challenges!

The other cent says I will still kick ass with Krieg set and I doubt anything will beat it.

THANKS AND BYE! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ALLOW ME! Making classes as resistance as the soldier. Making classes as strong as some magical casters and vice versa. Making classes for the some less squish shit like pet builds and making some mega classes like the soldier less so.

Plain and simply ANYTHING Soldier right now is not killable. I have done 1000s of tests from many angles that I keep private in my ways. The conclusion is simple: ANYTHING SOLDIER will survive no matter what! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

ALLOW ME! Making classes as resistance as the soldier. Making classes as strong as some magical casters and vice versa. Making classes for the some less squish shit like pet builds and making some mega classes like the soldier less so.

Plain and simply ANYTHING Soldier right now is not killable. I have done 1000s of tests from many angles that I keep private in my ways. The conclusion is simple: ANYTHING SOLDIER will survive no matter what! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

“From a lore standpoint, without going into spoiler territory, the Shattered Realm was fabricated at the whims of a celestial being. It is now unstable and disintegrating due to the absence of its creator.”

Nice catch jalex3. :slight_smile:

Huh, people were mad that they replaced the rifthound-looking hellhound with the new model? Odd. I frankly welcomed the change, that your pet looks different from all the other rifthounds out there.

The interview also has some nice lore info about the expansion. Seems like we will help the cult of the Three to deal with a rising Korvaak. Also, a new Nemesis has been mentioned, I assume this will be Korvaak’s factions.
Btw, one thing I wonder… if we can banish or even destroy Korvaak, how would that affect Father Kymon and his faction, since they gain their power from him too?

Some people don’t like change. There was a lot of argument when the alpha was first out and we discovered TQ’s rebirth fountain system had been removed. I hated that for a long time, but eventually got used to it.

As for banishing or destroying Korvaak - that we’ll have to wait and see.

Question about Shattered Realm: will the loot chances, XP and quality plateau at a certain level?

For instance, once you get to level 20 you will be at Max reward opportunity. Proceeding from there just maintains the same reward rate/quality and pushing further is focused on pushing builds.

The reason I ask is that D3 basically scales reward indefinitely, so pushing higher is more efficient and rewarding. This sucks as it obviously funnels everyone into chasing the topmost builds rather than testing unique ideas. So I hope Shattered Realms have a ceiling on rewards, even if the difficulty continues to scale

I have learned to accept change. Paladins can now rot in hell for what they are worth! and I am eagerly waiting for that oathkeeper mastery! Only few days left and will be riding high :wink:

You have to admit oathkeeper is a great name

at first I dont like it and I would have preferred Gatekeeper:rolleyes: honestly it is okay now after saying it many times it’s not bad at all. it reminds me of oaths of knights and heroes but i fear these guys are pledging allegiance to something else:eek:

We’ve had two big reveals in the last GMs plus the steam. I’m not sure revealing any new mastery would come so soon after. As usual Big Z will decide when to put us out of our misery. Depends if he’s had enough fun teasing and tormenting us yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

the new mastery is far due already. its August for holiness sake! Unless they plan to release the expac 2019 its okay but its now or never!!:furious: I am having bad dreams already after the massacre of paladins. Zantai can’t be this cruel to make us wait forever right?:confused:

and what is there left to announce? we have all major misadventure only new class left

that would be one more reason to not reveal it yet but instead wait until the release is closer…

Of course he can. :smiley:

What is there left to announce? Well, lots I hope. Otherwise the future GMs are going to be pretty lackluster.