Grim Misadventure #143: Challenging Expectations

You have to admit oathkeeper is a great name

at first I dont like it and I would have preferred Gatekeeper:rolleyes: honestly it is okay now after saying it many times it’s not bad at all. it reminds me of oaths of knights and heroes but i fear these guys are pledging allegiance to something else:eek:

We’ve had two big reveals in the last GMs plus the steam. I’m not sure revealing any new mastery would come so soon after. As usual Big Z will decide when to put us out of our misery. Depends if he’s had enough fun teasing and tormenting us yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

the new mastery is far due already. its August for holiness sake! Unless they plan to release the expac 2019 its okay but its now or never!!:furious: I am having bad dreams already after the massacre of paladins. Zantai can’t be this cruel to make us wait forever right?:confused:

and what is there left to announce? we have all major misadventure only new class left

that would be one more reason to not reveal it yet but instead wait until the release is closer…

Of course he can. :smiley:

What is there left to announce? Well, lots I hope. Otherwise the future GMs are going to be pretty lackluster.

im not an expert but I think it would be bad PR to make more grim misadventure disappointing ones like new areas, monsters, maybe new legendaries are okay but if they keep more of this maybe the community will react.

Many months back grava leveled up a sentinel to maybe lvl 50 iirc so it means its working and now it should be ready up and running good. I dont know what is going in on crate now but hopefully they reveal it in the next one or two threads max.

Well misadventures are just a mere anticipation of forthcoming content. It’s the content itself that is really important. Not gonna react if 1 or 2 misadventures are not so juicy.

Many months back Grava maybe played with the developer’s tools and made a high level character. Doesn’t mean it’s working well or even working at all.

News will come as Crate decides - all your moaning and complaining won’t change that. You need to learn patience - all will be revealed in time.

that would be okay. but my point is why they need to put it at least early is the reason why many companies announce teaser early for their producrts like movies games. A new mastery ( arguably the most sought feature in an expansion) when at least revealed early will create headlines potentially attracting players to the game early on before they fall and we lose them to playing and start other games like poe or diablo.

The devs have been doing this for a long time and not had a problem. Then some person pops up to tell the devs how they should be passing on info about the game, or the expansion, etc. The devs don’t change their approach, they continue doing what’s worked in the past, and its worked well. Clearly, they know what they are doing in this regard.

I heard the Grim Dawn discord has a dev post tracker now.

It’d be a real shame if somebody started messing with it banana.

Zantai is here! Hide your memes! Open Grim Dawn to soften his anger! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Well, at least it’s working as intended. :rolleyes:

Let’s make this more meta:

:banana:

Hey, it even posts emojis! Thanks for the QA testing

But, maaaaybe, just maaaaaybe, y’know, there WON’T be a new mastery this time?
I frankly feel that we have quite enough and I would accept if the creators would not do a new one that isn’t unique enough instead of going the easy route and making a new one just because it is expected of them. Frankly I found the Diablo III Crusader the most boring character I ever played, and I enjoyed Reaper of Souls just for the new levels and experience, but I could bet they had to make a new character class because it was mandated of them. I’d have been happy if they just skipped that class and focused on something they obviously liked designing, like the necromancer.

I had no issues with that, as unlike TQ where town portals were few and far between, in GD we can find enough riftgates. In TQ it was a chore to walk from one end of the world to another, and if you wanted to farm a boss, you had to activate a fountain…
About the only places I feel would need more riftgates are the area between Broken Hills and Smuggler’s pass, plus the East Marsh, as you have to walk huge distances.

nope, we already know there will be at least one…

Yeah, Oathkeeper was revealed in the last stream and we know several items have + to skills that don’t exist yet.

One should be enough. Two would be too much of an undertaking.

Can’t wait for the official lore behind this mastery :wink: