Grim Misadventure #147: Zealous Power

Looks like the Oathkeeper is the most satisfying masteries of all. I mean look at that :smiley:

Even though i saw this stuff on the stream, Im just gonna say that OK is looking like its going to be my new favorite mastery, just too much cool stuff. :cool:

Great work guys!

I already have some ideas for an Occultist/Oathkeeper shield/acid/retaliation build. :slight_smile:
Also, those are some interesting looking enemies. Is it me or they look a lot like how Solael is depicted on the carvings, with their withered bodies, mummy-like faces and horns? They do also remind me of the Machae from Titan Quest.

We all have our plans for an indefinite (x) number of builds but we have to keep em frozen for some months.

Edit : Yes, i’m immature, no i have no patience just give me the expansion now!

I think I have a new favorite mastery.

I think Dikkie decided (after 10k+ hours) that he had had his fill and decided to call it quits with GD. Which sucks a little since he isn’t partaking in testing either but it is what it is.

Edit: tho peeking at his profile shows he did log on today. So he is still watching at the very least.

Looks fun. Apparently no love for Chaos Damage though.

Forcing me to use “Will Smite for Food”

There is a new set coming seems good for witchblade.

I can smell the new expansion. You gotta fork over a date or we’ll start mobbin’.

The resist reduction on the Guardians being converted is a pleasant surprise and seems like it may open possibilities for other skills possibly via skill modifiers on items. Overall this looks very good. Not only the class, but also the other features coming with the update. The Retaliation damage added mechanic and more shield support will be very crucial and take a load off everyone’s favorite soldier! It will also make the choice of taking a second mastery for tankiness/shield-play an impactful choice.

At first I was like, nah, I am not playing a shield mastery.

But Acid/Vitality autoattack? Damn, that and Nighblade for some proper Acid Dual Wield massacre

Iirc it’s actually real life being too busy to allow for serious gaming time, not that he’s had his fill of GD at all.

oppressor is looking more interesting now too.

But also, damn, a passive Elemental RR from non exclusive skill? Guess what two masteries will form another super op class? (spoiler: it’s not Demolitionist and Necromancer)

1. Do these shield skills and weapon procs scale with off-hand weapon damage as well (shield’s damage)?
  2. The flat damage received through skills, itens and stuff also apply to the off-hand weapon?
  3. Are you guys going to make the shield builds like a true SHIELD BUILD, meaning that their main source of damage comes from their shield’s base damage + flat damage times bonus % percent? I’ve been trying to create a SHIELD build that uses shield’s damage + off-hand damage % skills since beta B27 when I bought the game (how many years ago?) but it simply wasn’t really viable. I hope it’s not just like “hey this skill does damage with your sword but you need to use a shield to use it” and more like “hey this skill actually uses your shield’s damage to bash people in the face”.

Thank you, guys. I haven’t played GD for over a year and a half since my GPU died and I couldn’t replace it but, finally, I’m getting a new one tomorrow. I miss GD. :cry:

Oh hell yes we’re getting a spin attack!!!

I’ll grant that my Paladin probably won’t partake of that overpoweredness. I’m more interested in Vire’s Might and Rune of Hagarrad together. (In the stream, Zantai noted that there would be a frost converter item for Vire’s Might. No idea whether it’s a set piece, a Conduit of Whispers, or other.) Since Celestial Presence only cuts fire and lightning resistance, my scheme will have to make do with “just” Aura of Censure.

I’d hate to see what Flames of Ignaffar Paladins are going to do with that extra resistance reduction, though.

I was on the fence for buying the expansion, but Eye of Reckoning definitely pushed me over the fence.

We all know a spinny spin dregs eye build with atleast guardians gaze devotion, black gem amulet of dreg is going to happen. That right there just screams op. Spinny spin poison/acid sentinel.