Grim Misadventure #160: All Set Here

Welcome to Grim Misadventures!

We hope you are thoroughly enjoying the visual updates of v1.1.2.0. We may actually sneak a few more in next patch. :wink:

Speaking of the next update, that’s hot in the works over here at Crate, so we’d like to give you a deeper look into what you can look forward to with v1.1.3.0!

V1.1.3.0
First off, this update is actually much closer than you might expect as we’ve been chipping away at it while developing V1.1.2.0. So expect these changes to go into playtesting posthaste, and then soon after that it will be in your hands!

The focus of V1.1.3.0 is to fill in some gaps that currently exist in our selection of sets, and to provide you with some hot new Illusionist options of course!

This update will introduce twenty new items, distributed across five new Legendary quality sets, and you can take a look at them all below!

Pyran’s Ruminations

You’ve already seen this unusual look in our Forgotten Forecast. This set is all about raining destruction down upon your foes with support for Devastation, Mortar Trap, and Celestial Guardians. The full set grants you a ranged explosion so you can throw fire while you’re throwing fire.

The Korvan Dunefiend

With blades that carry an acidic bite, you will spin to win and Shadow Strike your way into the fray in style! Empower your attacks with the Blood of Dreeg, should you choose.

Targo’s Craft

Said to be forged by the gods themselves, this heavy plate will cast Judgment upon your foes. Once they’re up close and personal, cleave them down with Blade Arc or Amarasta’s Blade Burst!

The Voidsoul

Tainted by the powers of the void, this mighty plate teems with sinister energies. Aegis is forever changed and the Flames of Ignaffar bristle with chthonic power. Finish off any fleeing foes with a devastating Doom Bolt.

Rotgheist

Disease and pustules embody this rotting armor. Charge into battle with Vire’s Might and unleash your vile powers through a Vitality Primal Strike. Finish off any stragglers with an empowered Dreeg’s Evil Eye.

MOAR
We can’t just stop with twenty new items, that’s not how we roll around here. In addition to these awesome new sets, we will also be introducing several quirky new levels to the Shattered Realm that put a bit of a twist on the standard formula. We look forward to your reactions once you find them. :wink:

In addition, we’ve heard many requests for another opportunity to support Crate Entertainment. We are incredibly humbled and want to make sure that you get something amazing for your additional support.

Allminoxy is hard at work on what will become the Loyalist Item Pack #2. We’ll be sure that this collection of items not only looks badass but also embodies your support for Crate! Thank you!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Grim Misadventures are posted less frequently as we focus on supporting the expansion and its upcoming content updates. Check back on 06/17/2019 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Attachment: Pyran01.jpg
Attachment: DuneFiend01.jpg
Attachment: Targo01.jpg
Attachment: VoidSoul01.jpg
Attachment: Rotgheist01.jpg

2 Likes

Damm those look nice!

Purple coloured set, I approve.

wow……… wowwoowowowowow.

Did I miss a change, I thought Primal Strike required 2h? That set uses 1h + focus and says vitality primal strike? Is it an item-based ability?

hate I like hate hate the second hate hate hate and last hate hate hate hate set. hate hate hate hate hate

hate hate hate Too lazy to think about some hating bullshit hate hate hate so have a simulation of hate colored in red. hate hate hate that’s a damn spam, lol

Very cool!
I think my Sorceress would be interested in that Pyran’s Ruminations set and it looks amazing. :smiley:

Lol more acid and chaos garbage… the targo one is literally Baldir made legendary. I guess that Pyran one looks a bit promissing.

Hopefully by the time gd 2 is a thing, Crate has quenched their boner for chaos and acid damage everywhere.

More items are always welcome :wink: Is the 2nd Loyalist Pack a set of illusions like the first, or real items ?

Meanwhile acid and chaos are considered some of the worst damage types in the game. lol

Korvan Dunefiend - my whirling Dervish wants! :smiley: Great artwork again Allminoxy.

Shhh, it will all be ok.

Suppose the rest of the world that’s eager for more Chaos support will be happy without you.

Illusions, of course. Game-changing items from such a DLC would be out of the question (unless you consider a mini pet to be game-changing :eek:)

I’m still waiting on t-shirts, mugs, game pads, etc.!

Sorc Devastation set looks nice. Sooo, that Vitality Primal Strike, is it somehow made into 1-handed + off-hand set? I hope not.

I would imagine the weapons in that screenshot would look familiar.

The set has no weapons.

Wohoo new items and even better more visual upgrades are in the works!

New loyalist pack, finally
I actually thought that you guys deserved at least 5 support packs

@Zantai

Will we be getting any new skill FX updates in the patch?

I’m kinda wondering what will be the price of tha loyalist pack…

I love the art and very interested in Targo and Pyran. A little surprised that we apparently have a second set supporting chaos FoI but I’ll wait for details. Nice job as always anyway, ty for making the game ever better!

There needs to be A LOT of gap filling in the gear. Currently there’s only TWO shields in the entire game that support Cold damage.