Grim Misadventure #164 - Korvan Heresy

Your GD has camera rotation, right?

I mean, I would understand if we were talking about TQ, but right now I’m kinda confused with your statement.

GD is advertised as being playable without camera rotation since not everyone is keen of the feature for various reasons
Personally I use the camera rotation all the time so I wouldn’t mind having to go south at any one point, but I’m very certain that most players won’t be happy with it

Once again I find myself in the typical pre-content struggle: stop playing and wait for it to release to play the game in its complete and updated state, or keep playing and potentially lose out on all the updated loot that’s gonna be dropping. The first worldest of problems.

Yes, early in development Cronley could be skipped by players, though the Twin Falls bridge was never repairable even back then. But when Crate redesigned that area so Cronley had to be done to continue with the game the bridge area was totally cut off.

As Snow said, not everyone likes camera rotation. I don’t myself, swinging the camera around makes me feel sick. I can’t even watch streamers playing games with rotating camera working. And I hate having to go south in TQ, have to do it, but I don’t like it.

3 Likes

all this heretical night cult rumors seems connected to ateph (korvan moon god) and of course, yugol. seems like the night-affiliated enemies are composed from many races (beast, eldritch, undead, chthonian, human? aetherial?).

with more yugol content incoming, that likely means more support for cold and acid gears.

so thats the reason why in gd the maps pathways are mostly going north.

i recall that the inherent weakness of isometric arpg with camera angle fixed like diablo are the hard to see southern part of player’s view (major advantage for enemies coming from there. ranged builds needs more kiting and rotating camera against them). not to mention that skillbars, healthbars and menu buttons in diablo like games are usually put on the bottom of the screen.

binding z and x key to rotate the camera is my solution to this, but its kinda disorienting and slightly slows down clear speed.

So that’s why you’re watching PewSquare :smile:

I watch because he’s a nice young man (as my Mom would have said) and I enjoy the chat. Had him up last night while he was streaming Borderlands, but wasn’t watching it, just listening and replying to chat. Too much camera moving around in that game for me.

2 Likes

Either those are just re-used assets or Yugol has power over even chthonian minions. I can’t wait to play the new dungeon to find out which is which.

Great update as usual. Got me pumped up for the update.

You know, a really good way to not make them feel reused is to change up their playstyles. Night Unraveler would shoot projectiles, Night Leeches do short ranged teleports, while the korvan raptors throw down fumble pools below your feet, from range (via an arcing projectile for example).

definitely worth the wait ^^

It’s a trap! :scorv:

Can’t wait for “later this year” :smiley:

This is going to be awesome! Will be a good reason to get back to playing GD :smiley:

Near Christmas update perhaps?

Also all epics/MF’s/rares/faction gear are getting updated! Yay!

I have to agree, going South in TQ was always “unfun” for me, and the few times I have tried camera rotation in GD… same thing. Only worse. Instead of “slightly” queasy", I became full-on nauseous, and disoriented (not just in game, but it affected me IRL, making me dizzy af, while sitting in a stationary gaming chair.)

If they opened that bridge up and gave us an area we had to travel South, I likely would never play that map region, even if it meant missing interesting side-quests. And if it included mandatory main quests, I would play it, grumbling an puking the whole way, possibly leading to me giving up on the game. Which would suck. GD is my all-time favorite aRPG, of all time. I’d hate to feel like I could not play it any longer, because it fucked with my actual real-life head and vertigo issues.

but you could just teleport to the bottom end of the old grove and make your way back up to Devil’s Crossing, finally clearing the barricade culminating your adventure, WITHOUT going south, camera angle problems, or rotation.

duh.

1 Like

But… wouldn’t you just rotate the camera around the one time, right when you started out, so that south became north? It’s not like you’d have to keep wildly rotating every few steps. Just a quick, smooth single turn to reverse it, and off you go, like nothing ever happened.

Its not as impressive as I hope it would be with reused designs but its to be expected as this update is free. And most of current profits is probably being spent elsewhere anyway not GD related :smirk:

+1 to this.

Also am interested in what this implies lore wise. How can Yugol or anything have power over Chthonic minions. The dude is literally the single strongest being in the GDVerse, it took a group of Primordials to take him down.

They defeated you but could only ward Yugol off.