Grim Misadventure #164 - Korvan Heresy

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures!

Last time, we had a numerically driven preview of the extensive itemization changes coming your way with v1.1.5.0 later this year and gave you another reason why v1.1.5.0 is going to be Grim Dawn’s largest free content update ever.

We’ve scoured thousands of database entries. Nearly every single Epic item in the game has gotten a facelift to bring them to our modern standards. That’s about 1300 items if you’re counting Epics alone. But we did not stop there. We reviewed every Rare affix in the game, taking into consideration your favorites, and updated those as well.

But wait, there’s MOAR. We’ve also gone back through all the faction gear, particularly those from the base game, and made them a much more appealing option to fill the gaps in your gearing as you level up. With v1.1.5.0, low level faction gear will offer an excellent way to get your resistances ready for more challenging content ahead.

Is that enough? Probably…but it wasn’t good enough for us! V1.1.5.0 also includes a pass on all Monster Infrequents in the game to make them more versatile and uniform in power.

How’s that for an update?!

And just in case that wasn’t enough, this all comes on top of a major influx of new story content to digest. With Riggs eager to cash in on his deal with you (assuming you were willing to agree to his strange terms), you will soon find yourself on an adventure spanning the far corners of the Korvan Basin, eventually culminating in a lost oasis that was sealed away by the Korvan people centuries ago.

But with the Eldritch Sun fading for good, for reasons that should be very clear to anyone that’s played through the Forgotten Gods content, something ravenous now claws at the edges of reality around Cairn; and it would seem that it has found a way through at the Tomb of the Heretic!

Events from centuries ago now threaten to repeat themselves. When the Eldritch Sun was away waging a war amongst the stars, some of the Korvan people grew restless in the absence of its light. They began to question their very faith. In pursuit of answers, they shied away from the sun and turned to the night.

What their heresy unleashed upon the Korvan Basin threatened to cover all of Cairn in eternal night, were it not for the intervention of the Korvan priesthood and the temple guardians. They put a stop to the damned rituals being performed and punished the heretics with unimaginable suffering. The forbidden work was then sealed away and the keys scattered to the sands.

But the damage was done and the actions of a few have now come back to haunt the already ravaged lands of the Korvan Basin. Just how far-reaching its effects are remains to be seen.

Why Riggs would want to enter such a forsaken place is unknown. Perhaps he seeks the vast wealth of unique equipment found nowhere else in the game, the largest collection of any roguelike dungeon to date! Or perhaps his motives run deeper still. Are they sinister? Or benevolent? You will find out for yourself when v1.1.5.0 is released later this year!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Grim Misadventures are posted less frequently as we focus on supporting the expansion and its upcoming content updates. Check back on 11/04/2019 for the next Grim Misadventure.

67 Likes

wow thats is great !!

It’s out!! PogChamp

Yugol as dungeon boss? :grin:
Really looking forward to the update.

Looks truely awesome from lore to loot :star_struck: and that monster design too, it’s gorgeous.

caaant wait!

My good friends, the Oblivians, whom I have never even met yet, penned me up this song right quick to describe properly what I like to call “Misadventure frustration”.

3 Likes

Loooove this !

2 Likes

Definitely interested in checking out these new environments and all the lore surrounding the new areas.

Blue Build Meta inbound. Promises to be EPIC.

Why does this sound like another well-hidden super boss?

2 Likes

Cannot. wait.

Amazing as always Crate!!

(For some time now, you guys have officially been my favorite small-team developer!)

… soooo many copies gifted to people at this point heh

1 Like

I’m looking forward to those revisited epics :crossed_fingers:

Thanks Dad! :smiley:

P.S.- Can I have the car keys for the night? I want to take some friends to go see a movie. Honest. A movie.
No keg party or toking involved. No streaking around the neighborhood where your Boss lives. Totally pure and clean fun, no possibility of wrecking the car, or having it get stolen by hoodlums in a bad part of town.

Please Dad? :pleading_face:
(Mom won’t let me borrow her car after that little “car surfing incident” last week…)

Next misadventure November 4th? Gotta assume the update comes after that, even. Later this year really means later! Grim Dawn updates never disappoint though. It will be worth the wait.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Incredible work! Those mobs are beautiful. :heart_eyes:

Nice!

Can’t wait for the new patch, it will feature lots of new stuff for our benefits!

Throw in another lotalty pack so i can shower you all with some green! :laughing::+1:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Amazing job as always. Great news! :slight_smile: Thank you for your dedication to this game content this much, you are great guys!

looks awesome :o Any chance we are getting those electrified chest armor like the ones on that enemy with he spear? pllllz

1 Like

Thanks for another misadventure and the lore is already intriguing.:grava: