Grim Misadventure #164 - Korvan Heresy

Better to be defeated by a bunch of a primordials than a random mortal who is looking to make a newbie wear your clothes for faster progression.

1 Like

It’s good to not be a farm material yet, eh?

Just wanted to say I love the game and its godlike atmosphere, story, campaign length, complexity, and support!

Being 33, Diablo 1 and Grim Dawn are my fav arpg ever (they both share the same dark atmosphere)

I just hope we get another dlc/ expansion after Forgotten Gods because the game needs even more content to be perfect.

Will you release it earlier if we throw money at you? Have bought (in multiples for friends) everything you have put out…give us an optional LOOTING pet i would pay hard cash for that!!

Why reply to me, I’m not a Crate employee. Just a volunteer who helps moderate the forum and fan of the game like you. Zantai’s the one you need to appeal to for that sort of thing.

1 Like

I have never heard about cult of Lokarr though :thinking:

1 Like

There is a small cult that worships me, but it’s very secretive. Posting a 6:30 build gives them away though!

3 Likes

obviously its the ghosts and skeletons working in crucible.

Sorry I know that he reads the forums my bad…

You guys never cease to amaze. The cratest game devs ever. :smiley:

3 Likes

With regards to quickly, easily, and accurately rotating the camera, i simply rebound ‘Rotate Camera’ to the F key, rather than the mouse wheel. This has been very effective for me, and has driven most players who watch my stream absolutely mad, as i swing the camera constantly to maintain maximum visual acuity of the battlefield ‘ahead’ of my character. I do favor ranged builds, so take that into account.

neat trick. in regards to your viewers getting mad at you rotating camera constantly for your ranged chars, its not your fault. the viewers should have an understanding of how isometric camera angle in diablo like game is a crippling disadvantage for ranged builds, and adjust their expectation accordingly.

its like how unreal tournament viewers should have the capability of the eye coordination and fps environment awareness necessary to enjoy unreal tournament. if they are just casual viewers with no understanding of how unreal tournament works, obviously they’ll get dizzy and disoriented from so much camera swaying that they’ll get mad.

i always rotate camera too (don’t stream so don’t have to care about viewers :stuck_out_tongue:) and i dare say it’s a major improvement on TQ to me. i’m always suprised about the number of people which don’t use it but to each his own ofc :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s not about “getting mad”. It’s about getting for-real physically ill, or having for real vertigo triggered, when you were not expecting it. It’s hard to

if you have never seen or experienced it before, and therefore have no way to have knowledge f what it is you claim everyone should know to be expecting. Not all of us own or wear a Ms. Cleo hat, all of the time. Until you see it and experience it, you will not have any idea of how it may affect you. Roller coasters IRL life do not make me queasy, no Dramamine needed. Rotating the camera the first time in GD did make me queasy, and extremely dizzy, which took me completely by surprise.

Sick=/=“mad”. Sick = sick. So, since it does not make you sick, it does not or should not make anyone else sick? Gee, really? Rotating the camera in GD makes me sick. Going South in TQ made me sick. So… I don;t do either, since Dramamine actually makes me too sleepy to focus on my game. Any game.

so? pull a korvan basin by teleporting to the south end, and work your way up to unblock the barrier at the north end of blood grove and return to Devil’s Crossing. you’ll be traveling north all the time.

i do get dizzy and nauseous for some time after playing warframe for several hours and getting too energetic in moving, jumping, spiralling, ninjaing all over the place when i 1st experienced warframe. so i understand some people’s sickness with the isometric angle camera swaying dilemma i mentioned above. i concur that my wording is too blamey on the viewers.

still, it doesn’t completely resolve the disadvantage of ranged builds on isometric diablo camera angle. other than rotating the camera, players could try increasing camera distance until the south camera angle can include the max range for your ranged weapon, try to manuver so that fewer dangerous enemies are below the camera, or make the bottom ui bar smaller/move it elsewhere.

Alrerady play at max camera range, always have. I like to see what’s coming at me asap. :smile:

funny thing is, in d1-2, you had advantage vs enemies coming up from below, as the game was true 2d, and the character’s feet were placed at the center of the screen.

1 Like

So, how about a treasure goblin sort of monster in this peticular undiscovered area?
That should spice things up a bit.

Awesome, can’t wait to try it. It is going to be great!