Grim Misadventure #164 - Korvan Heresy

I actually like this idea. Maybe we’ll see it implemented as a paid DLC if not as an expac. I am more up for a short DLC than a full fledged expac.

1 Like

Would love to see more unique dungeons put in where we pay 3.99 or 5.99 for them. Get Crate some cash flow and us some new areas.

People already complain because they can’t play with their friends who don’t have the expansions. Something like that would only make it worse.

2 Likes

I hope that the upcoming supporter pack will sell well and that it is therefore a financial reasonable decission for crate to keep up with free content updates.

Yet another idea for additional DLC content would be to deliver that content to the base game as well but leave it locked until you own the DLC or party up with someone who owns the DLC and can open for example the door to a dungeon. That would be kind of a way between.

I totally also see no sense in shattering the playerbase heavily because of 4.99€ DLCs.

Just please don’t make Yugol to be another recolored version of Loghorrean or a scaled up unraveler, I hope for something unique for so much waiting.

Where did you get the idea that we will meet Yugol?

“What their heresy unleashed upon the Korvan Basin threatened to cover all of Cairn in eternal night” Pretty obvious.

There is also a forgotten god of night, so it’s not so obvious. Also, Yugol represents absolute nothingness more than night. But I really doubt that we will ever face Yugol in it’s true form anyway. It seems like it’s leagues way ahead of us. Empyrion was only able to keep it at bay with the light of the stars. Doesn’t sound like something that a mortal could kill or even stand against.

3 Likes

“Yugol, the Insatiable Night” the name says all imo. Which one is the other god you are talking about? I am curious, do you have any reference for me please?

From mister Z:

3 Likes

ateph is the korvan god of moon (so indirectly also related to night). like the serpent apep who represent the darkness of night in egyptian mythology. its possible we’re going to face a heretical branch of ateph cult. its also possible we’re going to explore more about the korvan minor deities like rahn, osyr, irrah, etc.

2 Likes

Yeah though for me it’s more of an issue of it’s genre and not particular “isometric” View / Angle. If i look at Divinity Original Sin 2, an classical cRPG i’ve absolute no issue with Free-Cam / Camera Rotation, and i’d argue that’s because of the Speed of it’s game. At a certain Point in ARPG’s you will focus on the combat to hunt for the loot, which is why such Cam-Rotations take out the pace and it doesn’t feel smooth at all anymore… in cRPG’s however you have a different pace anyway because there is more to it than Combat… so it’s kinda slower than an ARPG. Sure there might be still people who don’t like Camera Rotation and stuff, but i wouldn’t generalize (not trying to claim that anyone said this here) it towards Isometric View but rather it’s genre and the pace of it.

So looking forward to this update!
Love love love this game and will be playing for a very long time. I would love to see more content or even another expansion down the road. I would be very sad of the developers abandoned the game and moved on. However, if they do decide to make another game I do hope it will be in this genre as they certainly excel at it and know how to make this type of game enjoyable.
Since the new update will be close to the end of the year, it will be like a Christmas gift from the developers! With a big red bow on top! I know where I will be this winter (playing this game till all hours of the day and night)

1 Like

Next project is a town builder that has nothing to do with the GD universe. And Zantai has said they wouldn’t compete with themselves by making another ARPG. Medierra has said he wants Crate to have a broad range of games covering different genres.

Will we see a GD2 in a few years’ time? Only the devs know. We just have to wait and see.

Let me throw moniez at u plez.

1 Like

Would be cool if there is a Dishonored style game in the time before Grim Dawn. Play as Ulgrim/Creed to investigate the rumor of Aetherial invasion or play as Theodin/Krieg to make the path for the Glorious Dawn.

2 Likes

just search/write crossover fanfic about grim dawn x dishonored. grim dawn’s random rifts that appears out of nowhere in all over the place in cairn is often a gateway to amazing or completely strange and otherworldly dimensions.

we also seriously need more grim dawn fanfics. and grim dawn crossover fanfics. grim dawn x our reality anyone?

1 Like

Andddddd another copy gifted…

Keep it up Crate!!

Forums back on time :sunglasses:

Zantai give us next Grim Misadventure :wink:!