Grim Misadventure #18: Very Serious Update

I second this

All hail the gazertoadman!

Wow, as someone who will be using the Grim Dawn mod tools you guys just keep adding stuff that I look forward to using, it’s awesome.

Also, everything is looking just a lot more polished, especially in the UI. Great work :smiley:

I will now proceed to hide gazerman eggs for all the little boys and girls to have a loverly easter hunt.

Gazerman is another example how community feedback improves the game and that the developers actually listen to us.

As long as they deflate and fly around making a noise when I kill them.

Although if they are full of hydrogen fire attacks would be quite lethal to them and they’d explode in a ball of fire.

:slight_smile:

Great update, bet it’s getting frantic at GD headquarters lol. Sooo looking forward to Alpha. Keep up the good work.:rolleyes:

And unlike some peeps in here who thinks joining means following, doesn’t mean that one didn’t follow dev. right from the start. So no seniority = no cue up :wink:

I will cry if this part is the April Fools :o

nice update

looking forward to alpha

Looks amazing, great job guys! :smiley:

Thank you for this. The one thing that keeps me away from most modern games is exactly the hand holding of these days. People don’t seem to have enough patience for a game, unless the know everything and right away. Whatever happened to finding out the stuff by yourself being a part of the fun? Oh well, I guess the biggest reason is that major companies don’t want people do spend a long time on one game, so that they will buy more new games and bring them more dollars.

I’m always interested in finding a game I can play for years, and still find different variations on how to approach the whole thing. I have a feeling Grim Dawn will be my next long-term game!

The level of details is astounding, I am truly impressed! =)

Thank you for the update!

Now that I look carefully, which some pointed out earlier, the UI is much better than what I had seen a couple of weeks ago. While gold looks good, good ole regular metallic coloring fits best with the setting in GD.

I don’t suppose toggling the HUD art colour is possible is it? I mean, seeing as nothing from the UI has changed since the last update except the metal border’s colouring (I don’t mean anything bad by that, I love the HUD in its current iteration), would it be possible to implement a mechanic allowing it be switched between the two colours (iron and gold?

So I’d be in the game for instance, and on the menu (before I enter my game session) I could toggle what colour I want. If I simply don’t like it while playing the game, I can change the setting before I next press “play” when starting up GD. :slight_smile:

I don’t know why, but I just prefer gold. Seeing as iron is the currency, it seems to me that is cooler (from a lore perspective) to have gold as the border, because gold is no longer valuable. If this makes sense, to me having a gold border on the HUD symbolises that the character is trying to restore things to the way they once were, instead of the “ground zero” that Cairn is at now, using iron to barter.

I am likely reading too much into this, but if what I suggested above (the toggle) is a viable option, I would love to see it. But anyway, like I said earlier, great update guys, those unique buildings are stunning (in a grim, horrifying way :D) and will add so much more depth to exploring the world, finding remnants of the past life of Cairn. :eek:

Cheers for the awesome update Zantai,
Younghappy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, it would be nice to see a video:o

Love the “Old West” feeling of the general store! (Especially the sign out front)

Nice! I like games that let you go out and get kicked in the face and learn from your experiences, instead of leading you wherever you need to go.

The update is awesome - the pictures are yummy - full of rich textures and great lighting. And breakables? Yay!

What if the HUD border color corresponded to the level you were playing through at? (e.g. Normal - Bronze Epic - Iron Legendary - Gold or Platinum)

this looking super great can’t wait awwww

The only way there’s a line is if Crate emails the access individually.
But since I check these forums like 5 times per day, I’m already camping out.
P.S. my imaginary friend is saving me a spot up front. :stuck_out_tongue: