Grim Misadventure #182 - Giant News

Those giant models look neat!

Yesterday i dreamed that new dlc is out and purchase,download all in a second!!! Then suddenly my computer crashed i…:sob::sob::sob: Soooo upset when waked up and found its just a dream! :-((((((

3 Likes

Can you elaborate?

Its already passed half of the year.Any news on the overall progress of the expansion? Is it gonna be this year? Is there gonna be public testing?

Next GM will be on the 15th July.

Last heard late 2024 or early 2025 for release.

No news about testing atm.

Im having a brain fart, and I dont see one comment about this yet…

What is Rallying Cry?

berserker skill

couple skill teasers in here too/on those items

1 Like

I don’t know if you ever managed to get it to work but here’s a guide I found it may help: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeckGameSetting/comments/18zyu58/grim_dawn_steam_deck_graphics_settings/

I didn’t get it fixed. I ended up just quitting the game. I can’t keep playing a game with such poor performance that’s so old when I can play Shadow of the Erdtree at 60fps with no stutter. It’s just crazy. In fact, I don’t have the problems I have with Grim dawn with any other game at all. It’s literally ONLY Grim Dawn.

New GM later today. :zantai:

8 Likes

Biggy Z forgot about us.

cab70cc20011c2b151b75a70

1 Like

It’s 8 p.m. here in Western Europe: day feels longer than a week :wink:

2 Likes

Yep. It’s 3 p.m in Brazil right now and I can’t wait for the GM.

when is it for est?

Only Zan knows when he’s going to post it.

Just out of curiosity I watched the footage on YT and on all the videos I watched the game held 60FPS, at least in the initial locations in the game. Maybe install the game again. I don’t know a heavy case in you.

Thanks for all of the replies. I tried reinstalling the game several times and tried different proton layers. I tried different graphics settings configurations and different restarts and things like that. I even tried running the game in desktop mode. I have the newest Steam Deck also. I’m not sure why it has such a problem and I hope other people have better luck.

I just can’t, in good conscience, keep playing a game that performs that poorly when I’m playing brand new games at a stable 60fps and with one install they instantly work.

It’s a shame because it’s a fun game with a great game loop. Maybe someday they will fix it.

1 Like

One question have you change your uma buffer size to 4gb? new steam decks come in with on 1 GB of vram set. I also am using cryoutilities, the creator of it makes an excellent detailed video on what it does. https://youtu.be/C9EjXYZUqUs?si=qDggIMi0ZutuiDPg
If you don’t want to change anything, I still recommend setting the uma buffer to 4 GB as that has definitely improved my gaming experience on many games. Hopefully this helps. Really sorry that this happened to you.