Grim Misadventure #180 - This Arsenal has Fangs

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures. First, a warning: due to a quantum error in the forum code, you may be seeing duplicate development updates today. This one is definitely the real one. Please disregard any other posts as they may provide misleading information.

Now, last time, we unveiled the architects behind the corruption threatening the verdant lands of Asterkarn. These heralds of the end times threaten to unleash a dark future upon Cairn if you do not put a stop to them.

And what better way to do it than with a new arsenal of equipment to unleash upon your foes!

Please note that as the expansion is still under development, the following information may change by release. Damage values are scaled by player attributes.

Armageddon

The real reveal here is that we somehow have not used the word Armageddon for an item name yet.

Eternium

Ragefire

If you are a fan of hand-crossbows, then the new assortment of weapons in Fangs of Asterkarn will be for you!

Sanguine Crescent

Fangs of Asterkarn features over 210 unique items and 90+ monster infrequents, and that is not even including the Epic items that will become Awakened. To say that you will have many new options for delivering pain to Cairn’s monsters would be an understatement.

Ragefire

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 05/06/2024 for the next Grim Misadventure!

53 Likes

Love the hand crossbow design

In terms of the epic items, do you know if every epic item that is awakened going to be in the expansion, or will it be a gradual process through patches after the expansion releases?

WE’RE SO BACK

14 Likes

What if you’re already fully Used to it though?

7 Likes

I just realized - the only thing I want more than FoA is the grimtools update before Fangs

Also - one handed crossbows?! Nice!

It would be great for big 2H Chaos sword :thinking:. Elongate the blade, use more black obsidian, you know…

3 Likes

MMmmmmm now we’re getting somewhere. Mobile, evasion-focused aether gunner? Yes please. Move over Morguul and Rutnick… Not sure yet what the class will be called, but clearly it’s for a Zerker + Quisitor. Very excite.

1 Like

WRONG LINE CENO,
+1 CHARGES TO EVADE
DA OUTDATED

LUL JUST DODGE

GRIM SOULS IS SO HERE
I’m so ready for this update.

3 Likes

The future of Grim Dawn is 5+ Evade builds.

No one takes damage.

Everyone is zooming across maps PoE style.

The technology is HERE.

4 Likes

And no one still noticed “+2 to Onslaught”.
+1 to revealed Berserker skills

3 Likes

@Zantai let me in the beta so I can make a meme video, it’ll be cool I promise

1 Like

+1 charge to Evade? Miss GD old days with no mobility skills, just standing still tanking all the shit like a boss. Mobility? Yes please, just to run towards enemies with the gigachad Blademaster. What’s this now? It became just a scuffed isometric dead game Dark Souls copy lol I’m out.

The one-handed crossbow tho :heart:

ezgif-3-0ed5c15069

1 Like

That Eternium is perfect for my Aether Lightning Druid who couldn’t use the Codex because of Scion of Celestial Portents.

You may all want that evade charge in Ascendent mode…

Having said that evade + rune can make enough distance anyways…so unsure.

Now it would be cool if there was a way or item to change the evade skill to a temporary shield skill, like turtle, where as multiple charges can be useful without making the game too zoom zoom. We need some items/skills like this IMO, if it can be done with this game engine.

In regards to the post. +1 to hand crossbows and +1 to more wind devil options. Of course the art is also spot on.

Edit: oh and as Grimer’s post above…we need some sentry type skills akin to D3. Totems that shoot :+1:

But also “Cold damage converted to Aether” implying that it’s at least partly cold based.

I’ll be interested to see if Korba’s set gets some additional stuff for Berserker (in addition to nightblade and shaman of course)

This is all great news! My wife and I are looking forward to it!
Dearest Zantai- is there any chance that one of these items might grant us a
“Albrecht’s Aether Ray now deals poison damage”-conversion-type with a supergreen ray? This is our greatest dream as aformentioned in several posts. Please make this dream come true! :blush:

LOVE IT! Cant wait for this expansion!!!

Please let there be totally normal off hand, round one like the overseer eye. Our character can use costum like throwing snow(eye)ball in the snowy mountain

1 Like

You mean something like this? Granted - this is from titan quest, but would be cool to see in GD (also - still the greatest skill and item name imho)

3 Likes

“An ordinary rock”

100% aether, acid, chaos, elemental, vitality, pierce damage converted to physical

3 Likes