Grim Misadventure #56: What's New in B22

It’s not the first time this was mentioned, you get the same components in all difficulties, the difference is char level

Of course there still is better gear in higher difficulties…

I am surprised that we have all components already however, given that most components are in the (item) level range up to 35 (77) and very few above (2 each for iLevels 40, 45 and 55)
That is a steep drop-off…

Access to does not mean reliable. Many Components are still only available through the strongest enemies in the Steps of Torment rogue-like area. It will be many more character levels before they drop from the general monster population.

The monster orbs are the equivalent of chests. Players will receive their own versions of loot from those. No item duplication, separate rolls per player. One person might get an epic, while others get all yellows. Standard RNG fare.

Only equipment worn by monsters, as in actually equipped by them as armor and weapon, will be randomly distributed.

Yes, that is trivial (for the shared stash, the stash is part of the char data). You cannot change values of the char or take items from the char (I guess that goes more into Defiler territory however - which is what I was initially thinking of in my reply)

agreed, but it kinda means that there is no next higher tier which is then rare and only dropping from the toughest monsters / heroes for when we are level 60 or so

Hmm, for Torlight II there is this: Runic Games • View topic - [APP] Stash Manager!?

Maybe one could that adapts for GD?!

Fucking awesome cant wait to get rid of my mules!!!,thank you some much CRATE for everything ,this game will be the best arpg out there :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Never used it (just used a mod that gave me a considerably larger stash :wink: ), sounds like ‘all’ it does is move stash files around, i.e. what ‘everyone’ is doing manually now

On a related note, how do you read the content of database.arz and Items.arc (I assume this is where the items stats and affixes / item graphics are stored) ?

Great job guys, keep doing what you’re doing! This game is seriously going to give every other ARPG a run for its money once everything is ironed out. Some of these quality of life improvements are a must to make that happen. I just started playing again (last I played was B20 like 2-3 months ago) and there are already a ton of awesome changes since then. Can’t wait for B22 and Act 3!

I’ve actually started working on a stash manager like that for Grid Dawn.

another great incoming feature, this game is so good

i agree with you. more space is a good news but it still feels very limitating. i don’t know if it’s itended or a technical limitation.
if it’s intended i think it’s a mistake. imho the more storage the better. of course it’s still an improvement, and the other features are also welcome.

so keep up the great work, and add infinite storage :smiley: !

Wow! Just Wow!! So cool!!

Nice nice nice!
My compliments to all GD devs: you are a very positive example for how working together with the community on an early acces game should look like :slight_smile:

This is a very needed update! Thank you for listening :wink:

You just have to love these devs, seriously.

They listen us and provide awesome updates regularly. Thumbs up!

WOW! Do you have any idea how long it took Blizzard to put half of these into Diablo 3?
+1

Impressive I must say.

What is more, I have waited years to see a developer that gives me an expansive game with extensive configuration options, unlike streamlined bs we get served these days.

I like all the new features, but the best thing about them is that they are OPTIONAL.

Love it, keep it up guys. In my eyes you are one of the best developers out there and it really feels like you make the game for us, not for the money.

Yes! :wink:

Oh … great to read this! :slight_smile:

Best update ever

Question Zantai:

Since MIs are generally worn by the monsters that drop them:

1. How does multiplayer games in general affect MI droprates? If I kill Kilrian in a 4 person game, is he more likely to have a Skullbreaker?

2. How would instanced loot handle MIs?