Grim Misadventure #70: Build 25 Preview

I see several folks complaining about the release schedule, well personally I’m quite happy with it for Grim Dawn, the constant Development Updates are great and the content we have so far is very good.

Now if you want a bad game Kickstarter you should see Crayamore!, they gave a release date of 2014 now it’s been moved to Summer 2016!!!, few updates and only a little game content to play with.

I am most looking forward to the tweaks to components. Could one of the devs answer whether or not completion bonuses have been tweaked along with some base stats of components?

At the least I’d like spirit dmg components to only have spirit dmg completion bonuses, and physical dmg components having physical dmg completion bonuses. One could argue in the case of hybridizing your component but really there are better choices for physical and spirit dmg then having a component with phys and magic dmg.

I think it just psychologically feels better to know that the completion bonus is relatively likely to reward you.

I also find +energy to be terribad. Energy regen trumps base energy on everything I’ve seen. If you really need a boost in energy, plenty of affixes are available that far outdo components +energy. I’ve built a bunch of mages at this point and energy bonus has never been sought after once.

OK so i’m burnt out, i was farming reputation/Nemesis to be ready for next build and now i’ll just not touch this for a few months.

I wouldn’t have put the time in if i didn’t love the game and i think the issue is that even in early release GD feels like a complete game just without max level/gear/mobs/etc.
so that’s a complement to the team, even unfinished this game sucks me in and keeps me grinding.
I cant wait to see what full release bring’s.
ill check back in 9 months i guess, and see whats changed.

I still would argue for the hybrids… not sure what the better choice you hint at is

Yes, that does result in more random and therefore more unwanted completion bonuses, but it does not have to always roll an almost perfect bonus either, there are enough components dropping to not want to use every single one

Great work!! I really excited now.

I still have some question regard DoT stacking.

By from the same source.

Did you mean from the exact same skill or item, right?

What if I use 2 weapons with Plaguebearer’s, would the 2 poison novas stack with each other?

What about if I use Plaguebearer’s and
Malduin’s Cloth would those poison novas also stack?

Correct. Two weapons would be different sources, and those Nova’s would stack. Same with the robe and affix.

Great news! I’m really looking forward to B25 and the faction content. The other stuff is just icing on the cake. :slight_smile:

Very excited! :smiley:

Ok, one last question.

Does this change affect monsters, now can they stack DoT on us in B25?

It’s a change in mechanics and since monsters follow the same rules for mechanics as the player, yes, they will be able to stack DoTs on you.

How soon is soon? Like possibly today, B25? This week?

If only it was posted in the OP! LOL! I bolded and made it yellow in the quote.

Thank you all ! Great news ! You are all doing really good work ! Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersault1388 View Post
2) With the introduction of these new types of monsters, what will be the loot rate for these ultra strong monsters? Will there be two types of items: one type of items that will be dropped every time the monster is killed and the other type of items that will drop based on the RNG system? I think a guarantee items drop will create incentives for players to enrage those fractions such that they can kill those ultra bosses.

Zantai: Nemesis spawns have a guaranteed random Epic Item, increased chance of rare Blueprints, and (in the future) an increased chance for Legendaries.

Will there be any Nemesis monsters that drop M.I.s? (monster infrequents)

“One-Shot Chests, which do not despawn correctly after being looted the first time.”

and that’s a problem how ?? :smiley:

yeah, well maybe he just doesn’t like completing quests, seeing a reward of 5000 xp and the not getting any of it

I understand it perfectly

I’ve got all these notes taking up inventory space, but I know if I read them now I get nothing for it
might as well just throw them on the ground
or never pick them up in the first place

can DoT’s crit?

No, and not with the proposed change either.

Can they miss like direct damage abilities?

once any DoT is applied it will continually deal damage until its duration is up, DoT ignores DA once applied. that said the direct damag part of a skill has to connect to apply the DoT