Grim Tools and Crate

I think Crate should host Grim Tools on their servers.
It is such a go to tool for most players, Just look at all the grim tools links on this board.
Without access to it a lot of player have no idea how to start and level a build.

I guess there might be legal reasons to not do this even if both parties wanted it. Also see Grimtools support?, in which Crate did not reply to the same request.

If everything works well, we will have Grim Tools back shortly.

Ummmmm. How about starting the game and just playing the class you want then respec when grimtools is up? That’s pretty cheap in this game.

We have discussed this possibility with Dammitt.

The decision is entirely with him and we are not going to pressure him. It would require some back-end changes to make possible as our server runs differently from his.

I dare say, most people just start the game and play.

9 Likes

Thats true and it is what I have done as well.
Thank you for your wonderful game.

I would say most experienced players at first start playing in GD Tools and only after that switching to play in GD. :rofl:

1 Like

I very much doubt that… if you know what you are doing (which you are when you are experienced), there is no need to look at GT before you are level 60+, and even then it is pretty optional unless you do some late-game fine-tuning

3 Likes

Grimtools is pretty much just when you reach level 100

Not really.
I am a causal player but have all most 1000 hours invested in the game, But i have no idea on which devotions I need to use when trying a new character so I always look at Grim tools builds for guidance.

1 Like

I think even Zantai use GT. :zantai:

Everyone uses it differently. I always do my skills/devotions in GT calc first before I start a new character, even though I’ve played for years now. Yes, I can do without it if necessary, but I just prefer to use GT first, especially if I’m trying out skills/devotions I haven’t used before.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that GT is not just a build calculator, but many other tools as well like Map, Monster and Items DB , Checklist. Which combined are super useful especially as you help someone get into GD and give them needed reference and help with their builds.

We as GD players are pretty lucky to have such tools available. For example, TQ although released years before GD still doesn’t have any 3rd party tools support of same quality level. Actually the TQ calculator is by a mile not as good as GD one.

1 Like

Yeah, i’m not exactly a veteran but i have like 3 lv 100 chars… When i have to create a new one i start by toying around a bit with GT trying to see if there are good synergies between a skill i like, the other mastery and the gear, then look if and how easily i can cap resistances, reach 3k oa and da etc etc…then if i’m satisfied i actually create the char and start playing

1 Like

Grim tools is very valuable resource. One of the things people are always surprised is that is third party tool and it’s not on the site. But I can see if there’s problem with this site hosting it. Anyway, hopefully we will see the situation be resolved soon. :slight_smile:

Grimtools didn’t exist a few years back and people still played just fine including both new and old players. It’s only down for roughly a week so I think a lot of people are overreacting to this.

4 Likes

Trying to find a new calculator online I found something called ‘‘grim calc’’ but it is rly old,it goes to lvl 85,so I think even all those years back,people still had this:D

I can relate to this. I’m not the type of people who have the brain to understand all of the mechanic/ stat or everything in this game, so I just enjoy it however I can but then at around 75 and up, I have to rely on GT to finish up my build/ survive. So without proper way for people like me to get with endgame, we will get frustrate and start hating the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimcalc only did skills and devotions and had a sort of monster database (though it wasn’t easy to read). We had gracefuldusk for an item database as well but grimtools has since improved on that as well. Same for Maphack, spawn points for Nemeses had to manually be checked/marked for instance.

We never had a proper build calculator, monster database, checklist or pet database. Everything else grimtools has vastly improved on.

Right,but I am fairly sure grimtools main use is the talent calculator,thats what all the guides link etc,and that grim calc covered it well

You can’t really plan an end game character around just skills and devotions :woman_shrugging:. Grimcalc didn’t do everything.