GrimSheet: Endgame Build Table - ETE edition [v1.41]

Never understood the “don’t use it if you don’t like it”. SR is basically balanced around people pulling bosses one by one. Take pulling one by one away and 95% of current sr75 builds will turn into pumpkin.

Back before FG was released I really looked forward to SR, but once I realized that to climb here you basically need to cheese, as well as how it’s biased in favour of SC players who can just use all their defensive cooldowns to kill one boss, wait it out and kill the next one, I made a conscious choice - Crucible is a more fun, fair and unbiased game mode period.

P.S. just to make it clear - I don’t mind players using everything they can in SR80+, but SR65 and SR75 is kinda taken for granted at the moment as the optimal farming zone. Don’t use it if you don’t like it = don’t farm if you don’t like it, kinda.

7 Likes

this is questionable though.

Not all, cooldowns are important. And I guess there is a solution for that; increasing the time penalty. And If anyone do this method to pass a boss room, it’s obvious on their timer. There is a difference between a build can farm 75-76 with the timer stays higher than 6-7 mins and a build can do same with ran out timer. And we can see the timer whether the build owner shares a video or screenshot to prove it’s performance.

Unless the screenshot taken after the shard over. Then timer will appear 00:00

That’s some very mild sugarcoating given that I’m talking about the gap between SC players using every possible trick and HC players not going out of their way to aggroabuse shit and alt-f4 if they weren’t so lucky.

No, the Word of Dragon is absolute! :dragon:

4 Likes

Timer is not very accurate in SR, with high aoe skill timer is stacking up faster for some reason.
Look there, meme build with lokarr set, it was not so fast really. Almost 14min at start of the room. You can stack it even in boss room.

3 Likes

I know it can be replenished in boss room aswell if there is enough minions etc but lol I see this for the first time. But this is something that should be fixed so we can count on the timer while measuring the performance. We can’t just put aside the timer and say hell it’s bugged anyway. Some weirdness can not be fixed because of engine I’m aware but this should be done.

Yeah but it’s the difference between SC and HC. You need to play extra careful so it pushes people to use resources more cautious. But we’re talking about SR here and this charts is SC chart. So if a player really need to use everything he/she can to pass a boss room(maybe hardly) then the build performance won’t be that good either. Ofc after 85 it’s more a normal to use that method and being cautious.

Timer shouldn’t go up to measure anything and still SR is so random that it does not make a sense how fast 75-76 shard is cleaned (until it’s something like 20min or timer goes off). For presenting build it’s better to just show video or go for higher shard.

But how frequent and how consistent? And maybe devs change the timer as you said to make it more measurable so then being fast in SR becomes a thing aswell.

Let’s hope Grim Dawn 2 gets i) leaderboards / seasons online and ii) is not possible to mod/cheat in

And I want world peace, ending capitalism and get rid of a dictator who runs my country.

2 Likes

Why would you want that? There are already too many online games.

6 Likes

@grey-maybe @Stupid_Dragon
I’d include this build in the table [1.1.6.0] Physical Forcewave Warlord sr100/75-76 easy farm/celestials

2 Likes

thanks, overlooked that one.

1 Like

I am from minority but I find big differences between aggroabuse and camera abuse. One is pulling bosses one by one, until you draw all at almost same time (almost inevitable scenario in small rooms) and other is exploiting a mechanic. It’ s a bit like snapshoting your pets, which was removed btw. To me most builds that could do SR 75 pulling one boss at the time can do 2 at same time as well. Also some builds have kiting capabilities, which allows them to draw aggro from multiple opponents and still doing it with no problems.

So SR depends a lot how you play it. Also there are few issues. For SR achievement you can do screenshot proof and no video but that means you can use aether clusters on every boss pulled and full bar of consumables, then remove them from hotbar and take a pic. Are consumables allowed? Do you have to make video and not pic only? Can you do the same for superbosses. Cause if you remove using them, then most of the these runs are invalid.

I like Crucible better (again minority perhaps) but I have to admit subjunctives there as well. For instance success rate or average time do matters. But still build that is really glassy or don’t have any damage can’t do runs at all and you can hide slow times (compared to top tier times at least) and you have to be able to do all bosses at same time.

3 Likes

Or a buff list! :slight_smile:

You must be new! :smiley:

Adjusting the timer penalty is something that could easily be arranged.

That said, the timer is not bugged. There’s a carnage bonus for killing many enemies with minimal delay between kills. You can even see it triggering in the video clip above. Could be said that the downtime between kills is too generous, but it is not bugged.

8 Likes

This carnage bonus is the same mechanic you use when harvesting #deadbuilds, right? I always wondered why some hot patches came out so quickly!

5 Likes

We even played with full aggro back then!

and the early retal builds still reached SR 95

1 Like

What a wonderful idea. There is one small problem though.

I think the boost from the new rig was about 10-12 secs for a 5min build. Maybe 15 at max. I just got better at ~ the same time. Btw i started to measure the timers based on buff duration because even my new laptop with everything on low has lags in GD that result into +12-15 sec to real time. While Witcher 3 runs at ultra 1440p 60 fps. So yeah, this game is very special.

Imo camera/aggro abuse should not have been a thing ever. All bosses should aggro instantly (have infinite aggro range in boss rooms). The solution to the difficulty spike is quite simple - make the boss rooms much bigger and with much more obstacles of different sizes. Why it hasn’t been done in the first place… who knows?

2 Likes

Yeah I know, we need jobless(if it’s a word) people so they can test builds 7/24 :rofl: