[GrimTools] Monster Database

Hello Dammitt!

Your work is amazing!

But i am so dumb and wanna understand what the % is this? For example Thall’Nosh, the Unraveler - 30%? 100%? 13.78%?
Can u explain me please?
Sorry for dumb question :frowning:
I am bad in English but i’ll try to understand!

The percent and vertical line to the left denote a loot group and chance for it to roll. The percentage on the right are the resulting chance of getting a specific loot.

In case of Thall’Nosh, the Unraveler, there’s a 30% chance that he equips a ring and 100% to roll loot table with MI rings — this basically means that he always has a 30% chance to drop MI ring. Then 13.78% is weighted chance to roll level 84 ring.

Well, very strange. What about Salazar, Blade of Ch’thon?

Base show me Salazar’s Sovereign Blade 100% drop on 107lvl (https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/163/items), but in real game after kill 107 Salazar he didnt drop me his blade. (for proof https://www.twitch.tv/videos/230271765?t=05h14m12s)

PS Steam version.

There’s a bug in %chance display when changing monster levels, just refresh the page and you should see correct %chance (which isn’t 100% in this case).
The issue is fixed in the internal version and will go live when 1.0.5.0 goes public.

Your website is immensely useful, I have a few small suggestions though:

-It’d be nice if there were buttons at the top that take you to each sub-section (Items - Monsters - Builds for example), AFAIK there is no way to hop from one section to another without manually going to grimtools.com right now.

-For the monster database, it would be useful if the user could open individual monster entries to new tabs. That way you could you open a bunch of entries at once and compare them, or you could just open a new tab for each entry that looks interesting and keep scrolling down.

Yeah, I’m aware that navigation sucks. I’ll try to finf a way to fix it somehow.

I’ve fixed an issue that prevented certain links to be clickable, maybe it would be easier now.

Database still shows 100% drop chance for Salazar’s blade. I’ve been trying to farm this guy… and I’m starting to think his drop tables are broken. About 20-30 kills, and no luck… Before 1.0.5.0 I could get the dagger after 2-3 kills… RNG? What about this 100% chance? Display bug is still a thing?

No, the issue is fixed. Are you sure you are looking at the right numbers? The ones to the left are chances for a particular loot table to roll. The resulting chances are to the right.
E.g. for level 100 there’s 28.44% chance to roll MI table, if this roll succeeds, you get either ilvl 84 blade (50%) or ilvl 94 blade (50%). I believe at char level 100 most bosses are level 106 — at that level blade with ilvl 84 no longer drops, so you have 28.44% chance to get ilvl 94.

Where is the place in UI to setup monster level? I just can’t find it :slight_smile:

It’s in the same place where it is in the calc — top of the char sheet, right below the tabs.

Hi Dammitt,

Thanks for the great tools
Very nice and cool grim dawn tools !

Is it possible for grimtools to check the gear attributes requirements?
Perhaps with some red boundaries warnings on the gear column if the attributes is not met yet

I ever tried theorycrafted a build in grimtools
Later when I applied it in real game, I couldn’t use some gears from my gt link due to not enough attributes required

It’ll be cool if there’s gear attribute checking on grimtools :slight_smile:

Edit :
Please pardon me, I think I should post it here : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52366
Since it’s about grimtools…

It’s in my todo list somewhere. However even if I implement this, this feature will be entirely optional and disabled by default, and of course might be not very accurate, cause I use average rolls for all stats.

Ok so lvl 68 salazar numbers for blade: 100%- 28,44% - lvl 52 14.74%. Lvl 70 13.69

My understanding: always wear blade, chance to roll MI version 28,44%, than 50/50 to roll lvl 52 or 70 MI.
Correct? :slight_smile:

Hmm, you’re right
Different rolls on gear will make it different results
I didn’t count it before

Thanks Dammitt

Almost, it’s 51.8% for ilvl 52 and 48.2% for ilvl 70.

Sure, now I get IT, thanks :wink:

Ok Dammitt, one more question. I was farming Salazar at level 68 (my char) and he was 71. He dropped 74 lvl blade but according to the numbers on db he should drop lvl 52 blade or lvl 70. Is it because the Item can roll pref/sufixes with higher lvl requirements? I cannot see any other explanation here…

There’s no lvl 74 base for that weapon, the one after 70 is 84, so I’d say it’s one of the affixes. Btw, you can always check it yourself — just upload your char and check weapon base/affixes in the calc.

No monsters picture? It would be great

I agree that it would be cool, but for that to happen I will have to be able to create such pictures, either rendering the models in js or at least prerendering them during db build stage and then making a picture. Currently I have zero experience in that field, so it probably not gonna happen.