Grimtools update: theorycrafting thread

Meh. You don’t necessarily need to convert that fire damage to make it work. The build has enough source of flat vitality and aether as is. Fire strike is only there for the %wpn damage.

I mean sure conversion would be nice. But in that case shaking the build around to include Blackwater or something else would be even better.

LEECHING WIND DEVILS ! Oh the Humanity ! The world is not yet ready for this kind of power

Wendigo Totem doesn’t guarantee facetanking all the time and i use the Blast Shield/Mirror of Ereoctes and combo and it’s not broken in the slightest. It’s actually a somewhat dangerous tactic because you have to pay close attention to their cooldowns and one mistake can mean high damage taken or just death. Not to mention it got nerfed already by making Aldanar Vanity proc to be outright useless by giving it too much cooldown.

Allowing stuff like Devastation and AAR to benefit from ADCTH would be ridiculous because of their high damage output. Just get flat resist reduction and high ADCTH and you pretty much can facetank anything.

30-35% monster base +50% Ultimate difficult modifier.

As far as i know, flat RR dont affect %LL res on boses, cause it would be opie otherwise.
Ive seen how Blast Shield+Mirror combo is not broken on Gladiator with extra spawn. Not even close to be broken, lol Wonder why Sorc are so popular. :smiley:
And yes, if you pick Harbringer of souls you canot pick Star pact - no permanent Devastation for us, bigger couldown betven Mirrors and Mark of torment and less healing from devotions. I doubt i would chose ADCTH for anyone, cause if im vitality dmg user, i alredy have a lot of ADCTH and boosting dmg output would increase my sustain more that boosting %ADCTH numbers. And if im not a vitality user why should it care for ADCTH in the first place?

Question for the praetorians…

If I wanna do a CDR Blight Find spam with unstable anomaly, should I max Rotting fumes and Blight Burst also or just the main skill? does it make their explosion better with the sinergies?

Just trying to theorycraft if I need to invest these points or not :rolleyes:

Attak Seru constellation will probably be the Blind Sage 2.0 of the expansion if it stays as it is.

1. low proc chance
  2. aether builds are better going for spear/dying god/ Aeon’s glass for damage/survivability… it gives a lot more OA and crit damage
    3 Affinity requirement is too high, a huge investment has to be done

As for elemental builds I dunno, I rather go with other procs that are 10x more effective.

The affinity requirement has to be lowered and the proc chance put up to 30%

no idea. i just use my fiend as a tank that isn’t kamikaze :stuck_out_tongue:

I was under the impression that Aetherfire, and all other ground effects for that matter, stacked. Is this the only ground effect that does not?

I’ll have to try to test it out to see for myself.

Where’s the fun on that :smiley:

why would an aether build get dying god?

Because Dying god provide a lot of OA and a godlike proc with 30% crit dmg? =)

Exactly. :wink:

Anyone know when they are going to add the new gear to grim tools

Currently, Reap Spirit gets a summon limit of 3 at 23, which is its max. This might change before launch, ofc.

In grimtools, you can turn off mastery skill limits by using the settings on the left side. This will help look at skill diminishing (or increasing) returns and extra bonuses for ultimate skill ranks.

Has anyone looked at Foul Eruption on the necromancer tree? It only triggers when an enemy dies from the Ravenous Earth skill right?

I want to like the skill, I like the concept and like on death explosions, but it seems difficult to build with. To optimise it you probably need to be heavily into both Vitality and Poison to frequently trigger it and possibly Aether as well to take full advantage. It will be wasted points against bosses with few other enemies with them and then the effect clashes to a significant degree with Acid Spray which is probably a no-brainer on such a build.

I just feel this might need to be tweaked in some manner to make it work a bit better. Does anyone have any ideas on how to use it?

edit also another question for anyone who may know, for Deadly Aim on the Inquisitor tree, how exactly does it activate?

Oh, thanks for that info, didn’t knew it :slight_smile:

Foul Eruption does only work on kills from Ravenous Earth (similar to Devotions like Raise the Dead only working when the bound skill makes the killing blow), but I think if one builds around it properly it could be pretty beefy. Considering that the Crucible is more challenging than the campaign, and there are generally tons of enemies around (even on boss waves), I think it’ll do pretty well in a few builds. Although it won’t make it into top-tier secret boss-killer builds. I personally envision it in pure vitality caster builds (simply ignoring the poison and aether damage) or vitality/aether builds, since Poison Spray doesn’t synergize well with those types but is used simply for the RR by many. The downside to using this in place of, say, Sigil of Consumption for the primary AoE damage source is the loss of ADCTH, but the Necro has many other sources of that.

Deadly Aim activates any time the character lands a crit.

Here is my current Purifier…
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26deeZO

As you can see, two gear slots show as empty since those are items not in the public database. I’m kinda regretting upgrading my Relic to Conflagration since the skill it provides is nothing I actually use for my build. At least the rest of it is a boon I suppose.

For now in my Devotions I went for Alladrah’s Phoenix since I haven’t used it yet and it’s mostly compatible with the build (minus the Aether bonuses).

Still contemplating where I want to go in there next but likely more Fire/Ele damage I suppose.

i’m going to make a purifier too but still wonder between fire and lightning :furious: new Ultos devotion is more attractive than Ulzuin torch for me

I’ve gotta be honest, after seeing the most recent stream showing us some new components, I’m most excited about trying out some new item skill builds.

I’ve already made builds around Greater Fireblast (similar to BWC caster with slightly less offense but much more survivability), Conflagration, Obliteration (many great variations using conversion or pure elemental), Chaos Bolt/Aether hybrid caster (very effective in close range), 2x Chaos Strike/Blitz sword and board (ridiculous single target DPS), Greater Ice Spike (just… terrible) because about a month ago I decided to try them all out since it would free up a huge amount of mastery points for survivability and/or damage buffs and I didn’t see many community builds using them. Surprisingly, many of them are quite viable. However, almost none of them can compete with builds using actual mastery skills as primary damage output.

When I saw the components that we have available to us, I cried happy tears. The Seal of Blight (channeled cone-shaped attack with acid, vitality, poison damage, AND 20% weapon damage! Basically a channeled, short-range DEE for ZERO mastery points) and Seal of Destruction (3-4 fragments, 2.5m radius, all with fire/lightning damage) in particular seem like they will make excellent foundations for great builds with tons of mastery points freed up. Mmmm.

I can’t wait for these things to get added to grimtools so I can plan my attack.