Guess the Oathkeeper Class Combo Names!

The First Definition of Ward
1 a : the action or process of guarding

Plus It’s my Surname. I come from a long line of guardians, protectors.

I’ve been playing Paladin’s since grade school.

So seems appropriate to me. :wink:

I like it. It was my first guess because it reminds me of the archon in StarCraft!

This is weird. There is more in-game gear with “Templar” in the name that has Shaman bonuses than Arcanist bonuses.

Gear with “Archon” in the name also has zero Shaman bonuses.

So this was unexpected.

But some items are getting renamed as Zantai showed in the stream of the 27th July.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182

There’s the possibility that they are changed in the expansion? Regardless, I did think that it was strange when I was looking over Templar equipment on grimtools for ideas.

That said though, in the end I deliberately chose Arcanist = Templar for anecdotal reasons (hence “wacky/dumb/maybe logical ideas”).

Gear with “Archon” in the name also has zero Shaman bonuses.

From a meaning perspective, it makes sense though. Perhaps “Guardian”, “Keeper” or something similar would have been a better fit? Who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

In the specific case of Faith’s Guard, the only thing it implied was that Templar is not a soldier. That means it could be Shaman, Arcanist, or something else.

Certain items like Celestial Stone of Halakor will also need their flavour text changed, I guess.

Speaking of flavour text, there appears to be somewhat contradictory accounts of what it means to be a “Templar of Menhir”:

The stone implies that being an Arcanist and a Templar of Menhir is mutually exclusive, as Halakor had to essentially become an Elementalist.

But the waistguard implies that you can keep on being an Arcanist if you join the Spellbreaker regiment.

:rolleyes:

Glad to see an old hand get it and well done.

I figured Occultist would be Templar as Templar is more often known as a follower of a religious or military order - and the 3 witch gods fit that well.

I figured the whole arcanist/aether thing was more chaotic.

In any case, it made me smile to read the urgency of the Paladin crew :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats Evil_Baka! This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed reading everyone’s responses and explanations of their choices.
I’m thinking either Templar or Paladin for my first Oathkeeper.
All aboard the Forgotten God’s hype train!!

Congrats!

Biggest surprise for me was Archon not being Oathkeeper + Demolitionist. I had convinced myself that the existence of Archon Bathollem was evidence of that. He is associated with Kymon’s Chosen and clearly uses a lot of fire damage and abilities including a Vindictive Flame-esque Ring of Fire. The Archon’s Warmaul also gives bonuses to Fire Strike (and Aura of Censure), but now an Archon class won’t have either of those abilities.

I guess there are other Archons out there using lighting and cold.

I thought I might have been on to something with Archon as the Demolitionist combo. I guess not. I know they’ve renamed items in the past and that’s no problem, but will they rename Archon Barthollem and the Tomb of Archon Barthollem? He certainly doesn’t seem like the Shaman type. He could be Shieldbreaker Barthollem, with his hammer also giving +points to something in Oathkeeper.

OK + Soldier = Vanguard
OK + Demo = Divider
OK + NB = Ice Knight
OK + Arcanist = Judge
OK + Occultist = Fanatic
OK + Shaman = Keeper
OK + Necromancer = Grave Lord
OK + Inquisitor = Paladin/General

Zantai has previously stated that with Soldier it’s Warlock, not to mention the prize has already been won.

I believe he is suggesting what he thinks are better names. The problem is that they are terrible and much worse.

I think he was just getting his post count up so he could post a link in another thread he made.

Ms. Medea is right with one thing. But I also didn’t read the first few posts except for the very first post, so I really didn’t know this was a contest and someone already won.

I could take vanguard but the others are meh at best.

anyway you got paladin right and that my friend is all that matters :wink:

Give me that ice knight! Because of reasons. :smiley:

Thanks. Although I was under the impression that OK+Demo was about trying to divide or sabotage the enemies’ line of defense, thus, I picked Divider. I guess Shieldbreaker is just another term though.

I’m just glad someone finally guessed the combinations right because tonight, after work, I will level an Inquisitor just so I can finally have a Paladin! I’m so glad Crate decided to put that class combo!