Hidden stat on ranged weapons

The description makes it really obvious. Phasebreaker’s description is even less subtle about it.

The only that is rather cryptic are the Dagallon pistols. Although, you can make an argument that the “propels the bullets with supernatural force” as the hint.

Also, just noticed that all passthrough weapons have a description.

Following that logic - can you tell me what hidden stat and the numeric associated with it that this description indicates, without looking it up ? “Armor once worn by the infamous master Nightblade, Belgothian, whose reckless carnage and thirst for blood made even his employers uneasy.” It’s on the Belgothian’s Slaughter. That kinda goes for the hidden piercing metric - what is the % pass through. You cannot derive any of it from a description.

I have never seen a more obvious description.

This one is not even trying.

You have to be blind to not notice this one.

The set has no hidden mechanic, so why would a description even hint at one?

Really - what percentage value is mentioned in the description ?

Thanks for making my point. The entire set has a hidden mechanic - same one in fact. Grimtools says so, but as you pointed out ,the description gives no hint of it or its value.

No, it doesn’t, what are you talking about? You didn’t proved anything. Belgothian’s Slaughter has no hidden mechanics besides the one where it shows how long the Belgothian Strikes stacks last.

And if you mean it has passthrough, it doesn’t. Armor piercing and passthrough are not the same mechanic.

Worth remembering that Dagallon originally didn’t have passthrough, too. IIRC that was added after the fact.

‘Every’ kind of implies 100% sooooooooo…

Your correct - I didn’t mean pass through. I was talking about all the hidden mechanics.

Belgothian’s has no hidden mechanics.

Passthrough is the only major hidden mechanic in the game. Whatever other hidden mechanic the game has is minor at best and it doesn’t have much effect.

I think we have different views in what a hidden mechanic is. Image from Grimtools attached with the mechanic that is hidden highlighted (this is on all Belgothian gear). Is level duration not a mechanic ? Is this stat actually displayed in-game (I don’t have it so I can’t tell) ?

That’s literally the only other hidden mechanic in the game and it’s so minor that it doesn’t matter if it’s hidden or not. It doesn’t have big gameplay changes like passthrough has.

Belgothian’s Slaughter does technically have an hidden mechanic, if you want to count such a minor thing as one, but it’s the not focus of the set. So the description of the set would never make an allusion to it because that’s not the set’s main draw.

Passthrough is the main draw of all the weapons that have it as a hidden stat and the description of them more or less hint at it.

Not really? It’s not displayed in game even on base skills that have it, like Cadence and Savagery, probably because it’s more or less completely useless information, whereas even projectile passthrough is shown on skills in masteries (Fighting Form, Heart Seeker, etc.). Why grimtools decides to show level duration is a question for dammit.

What about the hidden cooldown on Cadence that isn’t even shown in gt. Makes you wonder what else is hidden… :ghost:

1 Like

How did you discover there is a hidden cooldown property given it is shown anywhere, including GT ?

By reading this.

Dang this thread is still going!

Because it is interesting. Hard to tell when hidden stats are actually good for the game and how much hidden stuff you can put to make it feel fair.

And it took more than 60 posts to reveal this. The reality is that few people read item descriptions :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Problem is that when you don’t know whether something is mere flavour text or hinting at a hidden mechanic, the only way to know is to test it. And there are no obvious clues in any of the ones you quoted that it is not simply there for flavour.

See? That was just flavour text. But going by your examples, one could also assume that Belgo has a hidden mechanic connected with something like a “terrify” effect, even though there isn’t.

1 Like