Hidden stat on ranged weapons

I still haven’t seen an argument about why this would be a problem even in the worst-case.

If you’re unwilling to test items out, why hunt them down to begin with?

Because you see what is written on them. Nobody test everything in an aRPG. You just read the stats, if it is what you want then you try it. And now these items will get discarded. Until I read in GT about the stat I discarded every single one of them. That is a bad design.

It’s one thing to have differing opinions but to then call me nobody? Come on man, that’s just rude.

1 Like

Don’t be nitpicky. Statistically it’s true what I said.

Why hunt what down? These aren’t MIs we are talking about.

I’d love to know where you’re getting such a statistic.

What a heated argument about subjective opinions. I wonder how it will turn out!

2 Likes

And yours is subjective as well. So…?

Want some?

Yeah, but mine is the final say…

Just common sense. People don’t do what you think they do. This thread is proof enough.

Unfortunately in this case.

This thread is proof that

looks at poll

~25% of players like the existence of stuff such as this.

Now I’m not in gamedev but I don’t think it’s wise to outright ignore the existence of 25% of your target market.

This goes back to what I said earlier:

It doesn’t need to be a 100% thing or even close to a 50/50 split, because the gain from taking things such as this away is so minimal relative to the loss that the 25%+ would feel for the lack of such depth to the game.

low sample size, 23 voters

3 Likes

And 75 % don’t.

When did GD Polls influence anything?

1 Like

So we’re…just…ignoring 99.9% of my argument then?

It is 75 % of die hard players. So what do you think it will be among normal players?

I don’t see how that’s relevant.

Again, my argument holds regardless of whatever your poll comes up with.

If this poll had 10,000 votes and 95% of them voted against the topic, I’d still say it’s worth keeping because 9,500 players gain very little from hidden stats being shown and 500 lose very much. The two aren’t comparable.

other than the very description itself… it is not talking about how some god forged the item or whatever, it is describing what it does

not sure where you read that into it, the ‘made his employers uneasy’ part ? That is more of a stretch than the rifle descriptions, if it said something like ‘his sight made his enemies tremble in fear and flee’, I’d agree, but this ? no

Worst case you try both and discover something interesting for one (100% chance, so no question there) but not for the other