[The Crucible] Perceived shift in difficulty - especially Crowd Control against players

Yeesh, does no one make bug reporting threads or cite their sources anymore?

I’m interested in the thread/report because I’m pretty sure I reported on this in 2018.

3 Likes

Welcome to Grim Dawn :grin:. Inequality, exceptions from rules and many hidden mechanics. But it stays a solid game though. Just “do the best you can with what you have got”.

Read what Zantai said again carefully:

Physical damage as a whole and builds that use it have had their numbers tweaked for years up until now in various ways so that they work in some capacity. Just about every gear piece, devotion, skill and so on that features Physical damage, at some point will have been tested and had their numbers revised so that the big picture builds centred around a collection of those fit in with the rest despite the things Physical damage has to deal with.

“Fixing” the known issues with it throws all of that out the window and necessitates that gets done again just so we’re back to square one where Physical damage “works” but in a different way to now - this late on in the game’s lifecycle, it’s frankly not worth devoting that amount of time to doing. This goes for enemy Physical damage and player defense against it as well by the way - it’s not something that can be done simply or quickly.

2 Likes

I can’t or don’t have the background to comment on the any changes (imagined or otherwise) in CR as I can’t standing fighting in a box.

Let’s look at this so called cadence bug just noted and place the CR in the same context:

Is it possible, unless checked prior to Z’s post, that there is something occurring in the background that is causing Mad_Lee’s issues?

I am not backing his complaint in that something is wrong. I can’t prove or disprove. I side with the fact that people are finding a part of the game they love seemingly having been altered. That ruins fun. I used the same rationale in arguing against SR changes (outside of the time penalty).

I gotta say though Z has no reason to deceive the community so if it is checked and found to be nil, case closed or as he said…class over was it.

Crowd control in this game is rough. I won’t step foot inside SR without 80% trap res which means you are like stuck taking Magi Boots for non phys, playing Nightblade, inquisitor, arcanist or running a devotion with enough up time or trap res nodes otherwise someone will root you and one crack your ass back to some prehistoric age with the right mutators.

Being a jerk here and I know this comment won’t get any traction but I still always wanted to say it. My character is not a “crowd”. So why I am cc’d. Dumb right? I know.

I wish there was some way without having to take the same devotions and other stuff just to survive in there.

I feel where Lee is coming from. Instead of just outright flaming him or others, just take a second to check the back end. If nothing is wrong well…

I haven’t played in a long while because I am just tired of how certain things are now in game. I vented my frustrations over more options for conversion rings or better drop % for magi or craftable rings with conversion, camera pulling, boss rooms in SR, etc.

But those are my problems in which I felt no need to further argue them and just let the thread be. Not everyone will have the same issues, however that is not to say they are wrong…

2 Likes

It’s been known for years, since the mod tools were available. Pretty sure that was earlier than 2018

1 Like

In regards to the “mysterious” Cadence cooldown, it is a very straightforward mechanic implemented to avoid issues with WPS skills that hit multiple times. I vaguely recall that there may also have been issues with passthrough projectiles on ranged weapons and Cadence, but it’s been I somewhere around 4-5 years when this mechanic was introduced…

In any case, the internal cooldown is a fraction of a second to prevent multiple charges of Cadence to build. Before the cooldown existed, Amarasta’s Quick cut could, for example, proc Cadence incredibly often.

You may occasionally run into this cooldown at extremely high attack speeds, but it’s going to have little to no impact over time.

2 Likes

And to think 4-5 years ago we still had Amarasta’s Slow Cut instead of Amarasta’s Quick Cut…

Remove the cooldown, please. Pierce Cadence Blademaster is poop and needs a buff. :scorv:

2 Likes

I second that. Or make it exposed to modding/DBR so we can mod it out and make hilarious Path of Exile style killing montages.

1 Like

There is path of exile mod already. Removes caps and cooldowns :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Jesus. That must be ridiculous.

What does reduce the chances that you’re frozen?

Nothing, you can only reduce the amount of time you are frozen.

1 Like

Defensive Ability. :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah lol I guess if you dont get hit by the freeze that’s the best way… speaking of not getting hit, are Moos’s Crystal’s considered AoE?

The projectile burst can be ‘dodged’ with DA or ‘deflected’ with Projectile Avoidance. They have an aura that is counted as an AoE.

1 Like

Is the aura constant, or does is pulse at intervals? I seem to recall it not being constant, but rather pulsing at intervals … maybe I’m confusing that with the projectile burst though?

Well everyone at the forum’s building section have made hundreds of builds that simply won’t work properly. I have made so many builds looking good on paper, polishing every piece of stat and characters crumble against end game content like Crucible or SR. Yes there are some ground rules and numbers of making a build, I tried to cover some of them in my guide:

Also knowing the mechanics. But how build is performing have nothing to do with numbers. It’s based on experiments and experience. Sometimes items/devotions that looks bad on paper turn out to be way better than seemingly the logical choice. So the feedback threads are based on players experience and what they have discovered, sometimes is right, sometimes is wrong, but I don’t like the general sarcasm towards feeback threads, they are meant to improve the game details for all players!

5 Likes

I think you’re confusing the two. Auras ‘tick’ once per second but they also linger for a second to cover the gap. In english, that means if you don’t have the aura debuff/damage when you enter at an off-time, you won’t get afflicted by it until a second passes in the game clock. But once you do have the aura debuff and have been hit by the damage, it will last for a second until the next tick of the aura.

(this is how all radial auras work, to my knowledge)

1 Like

And at 100% freeze res, which won’t prevent freeze, how much would that generally shorten freeze duration by?

Also, can freeze res be overcapped?