Holly shit that rollback...

Crate should give free luxury yacht ride to compensate for the loss

I want a beginner friendly yacht … so a dinghy is more than enough for me :smiley:

Kill 2 reapers then turn back time so you can fight them again!

that would be a cool concept. I knew it, they had chronomancer in the works:cool::rolleyes:

1.1.1.9 patch notes

Prefix: Chronomancer’s - renamed to Time Traveller’s

This pretty much sums up my thoughts right now. Crate already confirmed they’ll be actively working on creating backups but the damage is done I hope this doesn’t discourage the community too much.

there is only one solution to discouragement and that is encouragement. If Crate can figure out an encouraging thought: like maybe announcing a brand new expansion now or GD2. I think that will silence the depressed ones!

Crate is not the only one to learn a lesson today. If you post something important on the internet, best to keep a copy somewhere “safe”.

Pretty sure this community can learn a lesson such as this and keep pumping out content.

Five guide of mines have been deleted. And of course the updates on others. I don’t know if I’ll have the courage to make them again. If I had known this was possible, I would have made back-ups. I can’t imagine people with beginner guides and tons of info.

My builds threads always had their write-up backed up but feedback threads didn’t.

Well the latter doesn’t require any backup anyway cause I can always post them again.

I have run some issues when I used to post multiple builds in a single day in the past. I have faced losing my entire write-up which is why at some point I started keeping the text and images saved on my PC.

Can’t expect everyone to do the same. If I make a suggestion then I’d recommend posting the GT link in the thread and reserve a couple of posts for the write-up. This way you have a build thread up and running and can complete the write up at your convenience.

This sucks guys. Good luck to the admins and build creators who need to redo some things. We appreciate the hard work.

I got off my lazy ass to make a beginners guide and this happens…

T_T

I suppose this was always a risk with this fairly ancient forum software.

It’s always a risk just being on the Internet.

Feel terrible for all you guys who take so much personal time to create resources for players–builds, threads, etc. The internet is full of jerks, like the loser who did this, but also full of people who create communities like this and work on their own time to help the players in them–too bad the jerks can have such an impact, but thanks to all the devs and comm. members for what they do–in the end that’s what’s important.

Unfortunately, Crate itself is also partly to blame. Not that Crate or this community deserved any of this, but I notified them of security issues with this forum in November 2017. Unfortunately, they only took the most basic mitigations I recommended.

Well, at least now they’ve updated to vBulletin v3.8.11, something I’ve recommended to Rhis in April 2018.

There are still other safety measures to take (which, as far as I see, have not been applied yet), though.

This, this needs to be a mastery!

A third expansion will restore the community and bring everyone back together.

Feel so sorry to Crate and all of you guys.
That’s why the forum is a blank page yesterday. Thought it’s under maintenance.
Will they be able to track down or identify this person??
Did this person know Crate’s backup schedule and deleted database before routine maintenance??
What about security, will Crate enhance it too??
Guess we have to do some backups on our side every time we post a thread.
Next time on Dev stream players are probably gonna bombard Z with this breach.
Good luck to you all.

Although this really sucks, I don’t think that it will affect the community too much.

We will survive and keep on truckin’… it does suck big time since the forums are sometimes more entertaining than playing! :furious:

I will never understand what such people get out of spoiling others fun?
If you have those kind of skills you should use them to better things!

It’s a true shame 18 days of effort and input are gone, but hopefully our community will find the courage to share their builds and ideas again.

Keep rolling!