How to measure your DPS using the in-game meter trick, GI not needed

• enter a Custom Game

• to those that don’t know - you don’t need to mod the game
      creating an empty folder in Grim Dawn/Mods is enough
  • create a character and enter the game

• press ~ to invoke the command line

• input Game.PlayStats true command

• go back to Main Campaign and measure your DPS

This is the only thing that I’ve found to linger between Custom Game and Main Campaign.
Looks like real DPS to me not scuffed because it improved significantly after applying RR.

15 Likes

I had no idea console commands carried over after switching back to MC. Too bad the overlay can’t be toggled.

They do not, I tested God Mode, Warp Cursor, BindToggle and also Graphics stats that display in a similar fashion to the stats I showed above - they don’t linger. PlayStats is probably the only exception which is important if we don’t want it patched.

I kinda wish they’d just let you bring up the console in MC honestly.

2 Likes

Sure, although I understand the devs wanting at least MC to be relatively clean, especially since you can just play an empty custom game. Enabling the console in MC has been done using Cheat Engine. Not sure if for 1.1.8 but it can probably be easily updated.
Once you have the console enabled in Main Campaign using this tool

you can have this on Q toggle for example after inputting the following command.

BindToggle Q Game.PlayStats

But doing this in Custom Game without having the command line unlocked in MC by Cheat Engine doesn’t work in MC unfortunately, bindings disappear. It’s just this window with stats that remains in memory / on the screen.

That is a great find. Never knew you could do this, especially just a BLANK folder in Mods dir.

I always relied on my gut feel as to which loadout was doing the best damage.
Now I am going to enable this and check my characters out one by one to see if my gut feel was correct or way off the mark.

Maybe the reason only this one carries over after switching is that at one time they intended to incorporate the feature into the MC.
I still think it would be a great feature to be able to toggle the stat display on/off in the MC.

Crate probably have a logical reason as to why it is not implemented?

1 Like

The only truly legitimate concern I can think is that (in most cases) you wouldn’t want people in multiplayer popping off console commands unimpeded - otherwise for single, who cares really?

My thinking is if they can restrict the console from the MC then they can definitely fine-tune it even further and just prevent multiplayer from accessing it instead. OR at the very least make a pared down console accessible in MC that allows you to access relatively benign commands, such as the stats shown here.

I’ve made a toggle for these stats working in Main Campaign for GDAutocaster + GDHacker:

Need to take some train for Christmas atm so I’ll update the threads later but if you’re interested you need to download the programs and run GDAutocaster with the following .ini config

[hacker]
stats_toggle=F3

to be able to turn on/off Play Statistics in MC with F3.

GDHacker on his/her own (sex undecided) toggles it on/off from command line like this:

GDHacker.exe 2 1
GDHacker.exe 2 0

Also one can have this feature available without any interaction if

so that GDAutocaster automatically

• starts with Windows
  • reads the config about GDHacker
  • shows and hides Statistics Windows when you press defined button with the help of GDHacker
  • mines Bit Coins for me while you’re not playing

@tqFan

I heard you liked playing in the console…

1 Like

How do you display the dps for pets? Game.PlayStats seems to work only for character dps.

1 Like

You’re right. It seems to be working only for pseudo pets.
I don’t now any other option than Grim Internals for that.

1 Like

when i select custom game none of my characters show up.

You have to either create new characters for a custom game or manually move your character’s files to the appropriate location and then flag them as mod characters in GD Stash’s character editor.

1 Like

thanks. where is the appropriate location?

Don’t move your characters. Either

• enable it in Main Campaign using the trick in the OP
    (the trick is to enable it with some test 1 lev character in Custom Game
    and then it lingers to MC and your normal characters)

• use GDHacker + GDAutocaster combo (explained above)
    to be able to toggle it on/off with your chosen keybind more comfortably
    without the need to ever go to Custom Game or use the OP trick

2 Likes

awesome its working now. i would add the bit about creating a test character for the clueless like me lol, just in case.

2 Likes

If you’d like it to be able to toggle this window on/off freely

• download https://mega.nz/file/5V1lmaII#basnea8F_5RQcN-RdkaSKZvgaYyDqVNO7Y-_pbwDE-I

• run GDAutocaster.exe and load hacker.ini config
    (in this config it’s set that Tab toggles the window on/off but you can change it)

• now whenever this program is running with this config loaded, you can toggle the DPS window
    (just wait ~3 seconds when go in-game back from Alt Tab for example for the program to get ready)

You can change game speed dynamically in the same way if you add some more lines to hacker.ini config:

speeds=2,1
speed_toggle=Q