How to recover deleted chars

Hello, what files from the game should I save to restore the deposit, today after playing removed my character. or is there any way to avoid it getting rid of me … I have a steam game

Have you removed the character via the game and confirmed it by entering DELETE?

I did not delete it by typing DELETE.
I finished playing. I left the game, turned off the computer and after returning there is no char … and changes in the crates are saved from the crate, nothing disappeared. this is the second time and I don’t know why

Were these existing characters you played with before? Or were these new ones?

I think char was created after adding GrimInternals, have all old are … the cloud is off

the game was also restarted, the character was removed after restarting the computer

Please check if you have any data in these locations:

• C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\your Steam ID\219990\remote\save\main

Change the paths, if you do not use default locations for your data / Steam installation.

C:\Users\ username \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main
<<<
I do not have such files under this path

:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\ your Steam ID \219990\remote\save\main
and here are all removed and current characters

What now?

If they are in Steam then cloud saving is not off completely. It needs to be either on or off in both the Steam settings and also the ingame Options menu.

First path is for local saves, whereas the second one is the local copy of your cloud saves. When you disable Cloud Saving in GD, it does not automatically move the data from the second to the first location.

1. Turn on Cloud Saving again
  2. If you want to stop using Cloud Saving, see this guide: How to - Move your saves from Steam cloud to Grim Dawn's default location.

combinations with the cloud have restored my characters
thank you very much for your help good man

Characters restored! Thank you again.
One more question how to avoid such errors of saving and deleting

Panie Jopku, from now on remember to back up you saves. I have an external backup. Even if my laptop blows up, my sweet loot is safe.

C: \ Users \ techn \ OneDrive \ Documents \ My Games \ Grim Dawn \ save \ main

Always copy these files ?? after each completed game?

Only if you have cloud saving turned off properly. See the link eisprinzessin provided on how to move your saves from cloud to local.

Oh, and probably move that from OneDrive since that programme can also interfere with the game saves.

I have no experience with OneDrive, but we had some users who had trouble playing GD with OneDrive.
If it works for you, you should not need more backups, because Microsoft has already one. (Otherwise you are well advised to make backups regularly.)

The whole
C: \ Users \ techn \ OneDrive \ Documents \ My Games \ Grim Dawn
folder to back up files like transfer.gst, formulas.gst as well

And obviously you don’t need to do it after every session but often enough that you don’t feel bad of losing a lot of progress in case data loss happens.

thank you, just in case the whole save folder had copies,
I will add that after recovering the character disappeared a lot of common items, and several doubled … but it is not important that the target is…