[Idea] Silvercore Bolts can use Increases Armor Piercing stat

Title.

Currently the only reliable way to bump armor piercing for guns and crossbows is to use Blessed Whetstone, which is a rather mediocre component. Moreover, to reach 100% I would have to use two of them for most pistols.

I think Silvercore Bolt would be a suitable upgrade if it had Increases Armor Piercing by 100%. It’s currently a pretty good component as is but I think ranged pierce Cadence needs all the help it can get. The component deserves that too because it’s pretty expensive to craft.

Note that partial phys/pierce split doesn’t look great even paper, because phys would simply become the throwaway part due to armor interactions.

EDIT: just noticed that there’s another Silvercore Bolts thread posted recently:

8 Likes

This is a good idea and I noticed the same issue when I was making a build with Bloodborer, since guns can’t use Blades of Nadaan.
To be fair that does seem to be one of the few guns that doesn’t have either 0 or 100% armor piercing nowadays though, but it would be nice if such weapons had a reliable way to get 100% piercing.

1 Like

Good idea, since Nadaan devotion is the usual go to option for armor piercing but works only with swords. Also change will make Silvercore bolts more appealing for guns.

2 Likes

Sure, I suppose.

Although you are aware it’s not literally +100% Pierce Ratio, right? It’s a modifier on existing pierce ratio, and Blades of Nadaan functions the same way.

+1 to this, advocated for it a few years ago and have been hoping for it to happen since.

Yeah, I am. But then again usually 2H ranged have their pierce ratio quite high, at 40-50%, so it easily becomes 80-100%.
As for guns I can use two of these.

Kind of off-topic but i have a question.

Can pierce damage from weapon armor piercing stat be converted twice?

i.e. if i turn my physical to pierce with armor piercing, then convert 100% pierce to acid, would i deal acid or piercing damage? I dont think ive ever tested this.

Nope. Armor piercing is just like every other conversion, meaning it can only convert once, the difference is that it happens last.

Yes, I’m for it . + 1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.