Is there a Ranged + Pets build(s)?

I understand that when going pets you need to go all in on their damage and what have you. but surely there’s some combination of skills and/or just gear that’ll let me use a gun while leading pets around and just works for Normal/Elite/Ultimate? I don’t mind if the build is weak and/or unorthodox I just want a Classic WoW Hunter type of experience to mess around with. I’m not going to concern myself with celestials and I’ll probably do some amount of Shattered Realm if I feel it.

The only thing I can think of would be something built around M. Witching Hour. You can check out the builds using the item on GrimTools but most of them are pretty old: Builds using Mythical Witching Hour item - Grim Dawn Builds

[1.1.9.1] A Rifleman walks his Dog - Minimalist Hybrid Pet Pyromancer - SR65 - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum

Gun + Guardians of Empyrion should be doable. Let me know if you consider them pets and would like some theorycraft.

Thanks Chuck and IMarcus ; ) and yeah sure the Guardians aren’t temporary things like the Wind Spirit or etc so I consider them pets.

Hmmm, there’s an item that makes Wind Devil permanent. An off-hand though which would conflict with being a shooter. Blade Spirits are permanent though. I think you should first decide which pets you like the most and then a build can be found / made up for sure.

@NobodyReally Here I started some Cold Northern Wyrm Blade Spirits Shooter
(crossbow but can be transmogged to a gun) Infiltrator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Keep in mind that Player scaled pets cannot take damage and are ignored by enemies so they can’t tank for you. Nemesis and Deathstalker from the relics(look like primal spirit pet) and the skeletons + wraith from blood knight set are also very good player scaled pets though these items have a high level req.

I made this a while ago, I kept it and still use it sometimes.

1 Like

could perhaps(!) work - at least it has a crossbow (who will do likely even a bit of damage) and two briarthorns (which likely are at least moderate buffed and helpful) - obviously not tested

Short answer, no. Long answer, you can but it’s wasted investment. Points in autoattack on a pet build are better spent just about anywhere else. Autoattack builds are super hungry as you usually need to invest points in an autoattack replacer and wps, and then stat out on weapon damage, attack speed, adcth and facetankabilty. So you inevitably end up half assing that and furthermore gimping your pets and defense.

could maybe grab some wps on items, would be very limited tho, and obv block pet slots, as for AA you could get that on item or component too, comp would probably be the smallest sacrifice
*this is not a recommendation btw, it’s likely still gonna be mega scuffed, but would give you something to pew pew a tiny bit at least

As this was the general requirement - I think such a build can be made even with the restrains the game has - will surely not be the master of kill times / efficiency, but that was not teh build asked for.

SR 65 is possible deathless (one try - could finish it without death - had however to summon my pets against Reaver more than once). Campaign Korvaak can also be killed. Would general estimate that the strength is comparable to a upper/top tier budget build.