Build: here (The aggressive version with the Dying God.)
Alternative build: here (The defensive version with the Aeon’s Hourglass, suggested by ya1.)
The Scion of Screaming Veil (SOSV) is a perfect aether two-handed melee weapon for Necromancer-based heroes. After obtaining in the Crucible, I equipped my Spellbinder with it, added the Krieg set and was very, very pleased with results.
DO IT ONCE
DO IT TWICE
Description of the build
The core of this build is the SOCV + the Krieg’s Armaments set + the Agrivix’s Malice relic. Green pants provide you with needed resistances and defensive ability. Rings convert the chaos damage into the aether one, provide you with the resist reduction and increase your cast speed. The belt is BiS for caster spellbinders. Finally, the Conduit of Undying Whispers converts the cold damage on your Bone Harvest spell into the aether one (the best bonus resistance is vitality or chaos).
- very tanky;
- extremely high damage at close range;
- good OA.
- below average CC resistances;
- moves slowly.
- Spam Callidor’s Tempest and use the Bone Harvest to nuke groups of enemies.
- Relocate yourself through the usage of the Will of the Fallen Kings. Use it also to retreat from bosses and heal yourself while the MoR and the MoT are on cooldown.
- Use the MoR and the MoT to tank bosses and remove buffs from them by the Nullification. While they are active, you can facetank dangerous enemies like Mad Queen and Nemesises.