Let's delete battlemage already

1. A lot of this build is prototyping stuff for feedback purposes, so in some ways it is intentionally suboptimal.

2. Don’t want +all skills, as that would increase the damage reduction on maivens for little tangible benefit. Instead, I opted for +soldier skills.

3. Definitely better to do the Solaels gloves and Aetherwarped Cleaver. With or without the 8% AS the gloves I’m using are still pretty bad.

4. No idea about the medal slot. I don’t really need much in the way of utility, nor do I need more +skills, so BoM/MoD are out. Shield bonuses sold me on Markovian’s.

All good points

-What is Solael’s gloves?

-The amulet despite the plus skills gives you much needed Attack Speed so i think it might be worth a try

http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7921-Voidsteel-Gauntlets

BTW, extra %cast speed from squad tactics would help BM a bit. IRC in earlyer builds squad tactics provided %total speed before it was nerfed to the ground.

Grim Dawn has bravely done for androgyny what Nixon did for China.

I remember reading that %damage absorption sources indeed do stack, even if not fully. That was quite some time ago, though. I did always had Mavien’s on my Battlemage after that. Never used it permanently, cause of high energy/sec cost and damage reduction (already struggling dps-wise), but certainly was useful in huge mob crowding (read: last waves of Crucible) and against some Nemesis (Zantarin, I’m looking at YOU!).

Now, in thanks to clarifying my -DA/OA stacking confusion I decided to test %DamAbsorb stacking. Just for you, mr. Chthon :wink:

So: Warlock, Possession gives 12% absorb, Mavien’s another 12%. Testing is one tic of damage, while standing on aetherground.

a) no %absorb skill active: 6083/7150 hp = 1067 damage taken.
b) Possession active: 6206/7150 hp = 944 damage taken. (~88,5% of original 1067 damage).
c) Possession and Mavien’s active: 6332/7150 hp = 818 damage taken. (~76,7% of original 1067 damage).

hp values may be off by little, due to health regen, but only by a little.

Conclusion: they do stack :slight_smile:

That’s actually quite strong in that case, that looks like it’s stacking additive if it’s accurate.

Hmm, interesting. Doesn’t tempt me enough to take a Maiven on a BM but interesting thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Maiven’s is losing the physical dmg debuff next patch. :slight_smile: Still not great, but better.

Not enough for me

My caster arcanists don’t use maiven

Me too. My first character to go into elite (back when elite first released) was a cold Spellbreaker.

Working on a cold-based pistol+shield BM right now actually. Doing surprisingly well on Ultimate so far. Was definitely disappointed in the lack of cold-themed shields though. :frowning:

Trickster is more unworthy. If there was a word like “unsynergistic”, Trickster would be its very definition.

Trickster could use some more love. I mean i love my Bleed Trickster but i would love more trickster support items

Shaman needs more piercing, poison (say Grasping Vines) and frostburn (say Storm Surge or Maelstorm).

Trickster would be more viable then.

I find my cold/frostburn caster Trickster perfectly viable (done ultimate with most nemesises + MQ, though not as fast as with t1 builds i admit; didn’t bother with crucible as i don’t like it but he has strong AOE and is somewhat tanky so wouldn’t be impossible i guess).
Pretty equal with Spellbraker if u want a full (cold) caster (for DW SS spam SB’s obviously superior).

I don’t say Tricksters can’t use some more love though, but they’re still better (and way more fun) than Battlemages imho.

ps. sorry for the parenthesis overload :slight_smile:

And you still don’t know absolutely nothing of what you are talking about. Both Nightblade and Shaman are kind of heavy on bleeding, so how they are “unsynergistic”?

The two masteries don’t need to have full synergy with damage types (as in have the same exact damage types) to have synergy. Most of the time just one damage type is enough. Also, pierce and poison makes no sense in Shaman.

While Soldier and Arcanist have really no synergy. There’s Discord Cadence, which only applies to the physical damage in Cadence itself and not to Deadly Momentum and the other outside sources of physical damage.

-Discord Cadence is more of a Witchblade thing than Battlemage thing imo

-Agreed with you about synergies

-I still think Trickster could use some extra love, i find it to be the least interesting class-combo. And quite frankly i am tired of logging into my same old Bleed Trickster

Yes it’s good but it’s a little boring for me

I think you mis-understood me when i agreed with you. I said they need some more love.
Tricksters are still viable and heck they kick-ass. Bleed Trickster is too good

And no all your points are incorrect if every class combo supported every damage type then there’d be no real fun in the game

Best example are imo Saboteurs - You’d think they can never go along well due to unrelated damage types save for pierce but it’s probably one of the most fun to play class-combos out there.

Rest of my points are similar to Norzan’s

Since the Mogdrogen’s Pact is useful to any class, the savagery may be used for any melee builds, and Primal Bonds for any physical/tank build, the Shaman mastery may make some sense mixed with the Nightblade. A dual wield build can go Dual Blades+Savagery, a 2H weapon build can go shadow Strike+Primal Strike, and a bleeder can try playing around with the vines. Those are sure maybe not the best synergies as a matter of overmaxing the same kind of damage type, but this may be a good synergy into mixing different damage types and making the build more multipurposed.

And anyway not because a possibility exists in a game that it absolutely has to be 100% efficient. People here complain about tricksters but appear to have so far no problem with books featuring soldier’s skill bonuses… If you think that tricksters are worthless, what about the cadence books then?

Please delete my character!! :rolleyes:

Freshly finish Ultimate, haven’t try Crucible or any other bosses/nemesis yet.

Yes, Zars, builds like that is the reason I created this thread. Iskandra set, probably super good Cronley rings and pants I can’t hope to ever have, probably Stonehide boots of something amazing too. 3k OA lol, noone of my characters ever passed 2.5k. And only 26k DPS. Is this the best BM can do? :smiley: Good luck to anyone who attempts to play with such a build self-found. Getting to 75 so that you could equip all your goodies must’ve been not the most pleasant experience :undecided: