Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

This mod is great, thank you for working so hard on it!

Im new to the mod, I just integrated your mod with dom. Im now confused as hell as how to get rainbow filter working properly. I dl’d the translation rar, but I dont know what file or .rar I am supposed to use it with. There is so much going on in this topic Im pretty lost! Thanks for any help!

edit

I think I did it correctly? I am playing lightweight, I put the 2 files from the L folder into the latest rainbow file .rar in the localization folder. Am I close?

Yeah you did, have fun!

Hello, please ask two questions:
狗问题1

What does this random conversation do?

狗问题2

This option has no function. Is it normal?

Nothing. It is just the dog greeting you in different languages.

No, no idea how I managed to add this dialog link accidentally. I will remove it should I do a patch eventually.

New to the mod and the game and I had a question. I see these orbs every once in a while and I can’t interact with them at all. Is that supposed to be something?

These are the loot spheres (called Beutekugeln), normally they should get automatically picked up, like components, but sometimes this somehow does not work. When this happens, try to hold ALT (“disable loot filter”, since this might be a common sphere) and see if you can then pick it up.

By the way, if you are completely new to Grim Dawn, I really recommend you to just play without any mods at all until you got through everything and might get bored! Maybe consider using Rainbow Filter, but nothing else is really a must-have, the game is already great!

2 Likes

Your booty balls are normal and can be picked up automatically. It’s not a booty ball, but a smashable ball left after killing a hero monster or boss.

Oh, my loot spheres do sometimes glitch for some reason, so that’s probably the case. And they can’t interact with it too, so it can’t be a hero sphere.

I find when I cant autopickup the balls its because they are not on the ground. The’re on top of something or not on the same level as you. I just run around it and try and come at it at a different angle.

I know, because monsters are hit and fly, some monsters will be hit into the sky, some will be hit into the ground, some will be hit out of the cliff, and then drop items, which will lead to failure to pick them up.

Mod (N) displays this message when opened using some translation.
I’ll take advantage of the message to praise the mod and congratulate the creator for keeping it updated and always supporting it here on the forum.
I want to make the suggestion to pass recycling from N to L. And it would be interesting to keep customizations out of ultimate.
Images show error message when loading quests.
I noticed that it only happens when opened next to Grim Internals64.
If it is necessary to do a translation I offer myself to Brazilian Portuguese and German.
Would it be just to download and rename the texts of the file for translation released here? Can I use spelling accents normally or would there be an error?

Requires a bit of work, but I might do it when I got some more free time. I thought that it was a bit too intrusive for L, though, and I’m not completely happy with how it works.

Did you download the Translation Templates from the OP, and then merged the .txt files from the version you are playing with the translation .zip?

Feel free to do translations if you want to, though I don’t know if they would be used at all, since not that many people are using the mod. So only do it if you actually enjoy doing so. I would then put them in the OP and credit you, of course!

Yes, just translating the text in these files. As for spelling accents, I guess you mean é and ä and such stuff, they should work fine.

Thanks… My friend told me that this mod would stop me from getting bored so I thought I would try it

Not many people play? I object. At least I have a lot of people here.

And I put the Beutekugeln Loot Spheres in the shared chest and entered. What’s worse is that the GD Item Assistant swallowed the item instantly and I never saw it again. How can I find and recover? Has it ever happened to anyone?
I tried searching by the normal name or by tag_LootSphere and without satisfactory results.
Obs.: I’m playing merging the mod with normal game to be able to play with my main char. /basemods
(Image showing shared chest with mod item. If I put it in the last tab it will disappear)
My id: 151758

I assume IA does not know of these new items yet, so when it accessed the last tab, it simply removed the sphere. Gone for good, unfortunately.

I’m not using IA myself, so not sure how it exactly works, but I think you have to load the Forgotten Gods database (under the Grim Dawn tab), this might get it to work fine. Should you give it a try, maybe test it with some common sphere.

This is a really good mod.
And if (if) not many people play it, they should (at least give it a try).

Just four suggestions:
You need to make the downloads more user-friendly, What I mean by that is:
For example:

1. There are a lot of patch/hot fix links, it’s confusing why there are so many.
    Why not just have a L and N already fully patched&fixed up, that would remove the clutter (would only need 1 or 2 download links).

2. The LW - DoM download section seems to be fine. Very clean and not confusing (only two steps to get files you need).

But it requires additional files (true for GrimInternals), such as (the ones I had during 2021):
“A set of texts for translation for Lightweight Mod”
“DoM_124_color_01 fix”
and “Translation file” specific for LW-mod

1. Why not add SuperBosses (harder than Nemesis), that can randomly spawn in the world.

2. Ambush, by opening chest sounds really nice.
    “Opening chests can trigger an ambush ( like a mini totem event)”
    [Mod] Grim League S03

Great to hear that you enjoy the mod!

1. The OP can be a bit confusing indeed, same goes for Nydiamar. Though right now, you only need to download the release version PLUS the very recent hotfix which I listed right under the Important section, so no one can miss it (uploading everything again for this would be a lot of work). Basically exactly what you want, so I’m confused, haha.

2. Are you using Rainbow Filter, that is the only utility mod that does require additional files that I can think of, Grim Internals should work fine without any changes.

3. I have the random God Events which at least can overwhelm with multiple Nemeses at once. Though no random Super Bosses.

4. This is a great feature and maybe I might do a merge with the league in the future (would be a lot of work, since it also has a own world map), but I also already have the random God Events for such encounters.

EDIT: I would be more motivated to add new stuff or do changes if I would not have so many different requested versions to care about. Same issue with Nydiamar. Instead of one mod to work on, I now have multiple ones to mirror, to test, and to upload, that is really tiresome (for example I have to keep all new stuff separated, which is annoying). I might cut this down to one or two in the future, should I plan another update.

1. Why not make non-light with DoM (with X-version), the only valid/main one?

For DoM, just use only Version X (use that as the base, and don’t update for future DoM).
Current state of DoM is really good and nothing significant is added on it, for a while now.

This will free up alot for you (adding new futures, without worrying about other ppls mods). Just simplify =)

1. Yes, you’re right, it was rainbow filter =)
1 Like

Hello, I’d like to ask a question about the entry point of the mysterious River:

I used the map editor to change the transmission point near the nearest crack, but the unlocked information is still displayed in the original place.

How can it be synchronized with the new location?