Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

I found this file caused the problem

Factions name work properly when I used the original Text_EN.arc from mods merged

Btw, what is the different between that file and the original one ?
because I see that the original one has rainbow filter already

ok I found that there are some conflict between these two files in Text_EN.arc

Screenshot

so I commented out the User17/18/20 in tags_ui.txt
now it seem to work properly

this is the file in case that someone want it ^^
Text_EN.zip (759.9 KB)

That’s weird, I tested it with both, the original and the Rainbow Filter archive file, and both were working fine for me, displaying the proper faction tags. But nice catch, I did not consider there being a conflict!

I honestly can’t remember, I rushed the last few updates since I did not have much time for testing and stuff. The patch might be completely unnecessary.

Hi! @Van_Houck
I wanna ask if it possible to play dom with non-lightweight in multiplayer (in 1.2 grim dawn) ?
do I still need any patch for it ?
and is there anything I should worry about ?

I mean I do read through this forum
and found that there is a problem about popping the Beutekugeln
but that is a very old comment/patch

so I wonder what I need to do to playing this wonderful mod with dom in multiplayer ^^

I only made a multiplayer patch for the lightweight version years ago, which won’t work anymore.

You will encounter plenty of issues playing especially the non-lightweight version in multiplayer, so I recommend against it. A patch is unfortunately not feasible (as in requiring too much work and I don’t think I could get everything to work).

So I’m sorry to disappoint you, but you have to play vanilla dom for multiplayer!

1 Like

Hi is there a Lightweight Mod with just Diablo 3 Classes 4.8 version? I dont need anything else or can somebody tell me how to merge those 2 mods together? Thanks

No such version exists. Unfortunately, merging these two mods together is quite some undertaking and honestly not worth the frustration that comes with it if you don’t already have experience in modding Grim Dawn. Though maybe in the future I might write up a guide for it, but right now I don’t have much time for it.

Thanks for an awesome mod! It makes my journey back to the game much enjoyable because I don’t have much time to spend like I used to.

1 Like

Bug report when playing in non-custom game (for DoM):
I cannot summon a dog in the SR. Also, I can summon a dog and receive a blessing before entering the SR, but that blessing disappears in the Boss Level.

Edit: I have not checked other modes for this problem as I only play non-custom game.

Thanks, I will check it out. I plan to do a larger update eventually, so it might take a while until this is fixed.

1 Like

Any chance this mod will be updated to newest update?

I might update it around August, can’t do it sooner.

1 Like

Thanks for the great mod! It made the game 100 times more fun.

Could you please make the following items available in the lightweight version? I would like to try different builds with much more faster level ups.
・Attribute and Devotion Reset Potions
・Malmouth Potion (which grants an Experience Bonus)

I’m using machine translation, so I apologize if it doesn’t make sense! Have a nice day!

Sure, I can add them in the next update. For now you could use the console, commands are:

• game.give “records\items\misc\potions\potion_attributereset.dbr”
  • game.give “records\items\misc\potions\potion_devotionreset.dbr”
  • game.give “records\items\crafting\consumables\xppotion_malmouth.dbr”

ohhhhhh! thank you so much!
I can’t thank you enough for your kindness and even the commands.
I look forward to your next update, and playing with your cute dog!

Thanks for the great mod.
I am very comfortable with the movement speed changes, but would like to increase the speed a little more. I still think this mod is the best as other mods increase the overall “game speed”.
Is there any possibility of any customization or other updates in the future?
Thank you!

When I get to updating the mod, I will try to make it a bit more customizable, maybe with instructions/guides on how to change certain parts of the mod on your own, such as movement speed.

Thank you! I don’t think I can play grimdawn without this mod anymore!

Hi is there any way to merge grimmest into the non lightweight version without having dawn of masteries? I just want Zeke for the non lightweight version.

You can give this a try:

• Download and set up the compatibility patch for DOM.
  • Download and install the NL version.
  • Rename the mod folder and the .arz file inside the database folder of the NL mod to “dom”.
  • Download Grimmest.
    • Go to “mods/___Lightweight Mod/Source/NonLightweight” and:
    1. Delete the contents of database, put the contents from Grimmest in there.
    2. Go to “database/creatures/pc” and put the following at the end of malepc.dbr and femalepc.dbr:
      onAddItem,gd.__uscript.playerAction,
      onAddToWorld,gd.grimmest.OnAddToWorld_pc,
      onDie,gd.__uscript.disableCorruptionTracking,
      onHit,gd.__uscript.playerAction,
      onRemoveItem,gd.__uscript.playerAction,
    3. Delete everything in resources except the scripts folder.
    4. Put the contents from Grimmest resources there, do not overwrite.
  • Merge everything – read the README for that.
  • Revert the third step (rename everything back).
  • Put the “big caravan.arc” and “grimmest.arc” from Grimmest inside the NL resources folder.

That should do it, sorry for the long instructions.