Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

This is the same session I died in when I had buffs, waited for 8 minutes for the tool to go off CD so I could summon the Doggo again.

I see the screenshot, and the option is obviously missing, but I myself canā€™t reproduce this. I played a session for 15 minutes, fought far away from Devilā€™s Crossing after taking the Blessings, died (of course ā€œwillinglyā€), re-summoned the dog, and got the Blessings again.

If you tried to reproduce it and it doesnā€™t work for you; it might be more complicated:

Thatā€™s what I tried twice with multiple spears, and both times it worked ā€¦ Also it would really not make sense for the spears to interfere at all.

You said you got the fix from a few comments above? Also you are playing on Ultimate?

Yes, Ultimate.
Yeah I used your

after doing the full version for DoM (And I picked non-lightweight if that matters :thinking: )
Is the fix perhaps meant for lightweight instead of non-lightweight?

Either way, dying happens so little and itā€™s practically no effort to just go back to main menu and back in-game.

Interestingly, staves donā€™t break the recycle system but spears do :thinking: staves wont get recycled but allow the function to work fine otherwise.

meant for lightweight instead of non-lightweight

Non-lightweight.

Maybe consider reinstalling DoM and my mod + fix (you can skip the long database process). Also consider creating a new character and see if the Blessings work there.

I figured out why itā€™s despawning and itā€™s not your fault. In my testing Iā€™ve done yesterday and today it always happened with spears and never happened when I had no spears or sold them. So naturally I jumped to the conclusion that being the reason.

However, it ended up being pure coincidence even though I tested like 10x in a row with the spear. The real reason is setting timescale to 2.0. With timescale being at 2.0 thereā€™s a certain chance the item will despawn when activating.

Iā€™ve had timescale set to 2.0 since I was testing other integrations and such and didnā€™t want to spend a lot of time walking between areas, thus decided to increase speed. Soā€¦ oops :stuck_out_tongue:

GI console also says that your scripts are executing just fine despite the item disappearing. So itā€™s probably an engine limitation with using a consumable that triggers a script that puts it back in the inventory; I am assuming that timescale on 2.0 just has the risk of the script checking if the item exists before the game decides to consume the item, sees it exists, and doesnā€™t add one, then the game consumes the item. ergo, tool disappears.

Sorry for the red herring!

The script also has a timer check, something like ā€œif (Time.Now() - recycleDelay) < 3000 (3 seconds) then do not return itemā€. This of course gets out of sync with the in-game cooldown if you speed up the game.

Yup soā€¦ my badā€¦

for some reason I canā€™t open the beutekugel, nothing happens when I right click them.

You simply destroy them (by ā€œdroppingā€ them). Donā€™t do that next to your stash.

Thank you!

Also have an issue where the good dog statue thing disappears from my inventoryā€¦

Did you try to use it next to a stash?

Also worry not, you get it back on each restart, though it should not disappear in the first place.

Negative on using it next to the stash. Itā€™s mostly annoying because resetting mob progress in ultimate at level 15 or whatever can be a bit of a pain haha.

For sure. What version are you using (Custom Game, Non-Custom Game, Dawn of Masteries Patch), so that I can give it a try myself?

custom game, DOM patched. Also had a few items with a null skill bonus in the modifiers, but unsure if thatā€™s just a bug with most recent DOM or not (hadnā€™t played since the last update).

^ So I gave it a try myself, and I always kept the item inside my inventory after using it, with a cooldown of 8 minutes. Give the re-uploaded fix a try, maybe it fixes your other issue too.

Some changes were made to Noitalacse Island and Where the Time Goes ā€” basically the ones mentioned here. You can get the patch for the Faster Leveling (N) version here: [Download]

I have uploaded fixes for both Dawn of Masteries compatibility patches, in addition to the changes above tokens should now drop too. Get them from the update page. I completely rebuilt the Faster Leveling (N) / Non Lightweight version, which hopefully ensures that everything works correctly.

1 Like

Is there anyway you could incorporate the faction vendors into the dungeon room or really anywhere similiar to Nydiamar and also have a similar faction reputation system to Nydiamar that comes from the dungeons or is there already something similar that I am missing?

Iā€™d love to have easy access to all the vendors and donā€™t mind farming the reputation up similar to Nydiamar but for a normal playthrough rep is way too grindy and the faction vendors are all over the place but feels too important to neglect entirely

Grim League (which by the way soon gets a new season with tons of new content) has a central hub with all merchants, which I can change up and port. Adding the tokens is also no work at all, so this wonā€™t take me too long.

Different topic, but I always wanted to have some sort of portal room, similar to the one found in Sacred, though Iā€™m not sure how well this would work in Grim Dawn. It could break stuff of course, but would there even be a point of it, skipping right to later areas? You gotta level up you character either way. If anyone got any ideas, let me know.

I think it can be used as a function of town construction. Players collect stones, wood and other materials everywhere to completely repair the prison, and then look for those wandering warriors everywhere and persuade them to settle down and guard their new home. Every night, some monsters will harass here for a period of time. If players do not kill monsters and let them go, these escaped monsters will become more powerful when they attack next time.

This sounds like a great idea, and I myself had a similar one long ago, but my estimation for creating this would be about 40 hours of absolutely-no-fun-time. I already see a few issues which would hinder this whole thing, such as enemies not being able to spawn far outside of your view, the problematic pathing of them, or how the heck do I trigger a script at a specific time of day. But an upgradeable base was always a dream.