Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Yo, was curious if there’s anyway to merge path of grim dawn with non-lightweight mod together?
Anyone tried it?
I’m mostly interested in path of grim dawn cuz of that POE skills

I don’t know what happened here, the character and its dialog is completely untouched by me.

Read this post and do what it says at the end to get the Non Lightweight mod at least working in Crucible. Though not sure how this would fix the NPC, since it was working for me beforehand. Also consider playing through the method also linked in the post (which I did). You can port your Custom Game saves over with GDStash (by removing the in-mod flag).

If everything fails, verify game data through Steam (or reinstall) and try again.

That’s possible, but quite a lot of work. All shared files would have to be merged. I did a compatibility patch for Dawn of Masteries which you can check out to get an idea, but it would still require learning the tools and such.

You might as well try the default language of the game.

Hello, @Van_Houck
I want to ask, how is the light and shadow effect produced when summoning merchants? Which .dbr is it associated with?

This is done through the .lua script.

Thank you for your great detail, but unfortunately I don’t know how to write and call scripts. :wink:

Does devotion potion still have a chance to drop on non lightweight or did you disable them, could not find the info.

They still have a chance to drop, roughly 0.5 of a Tome of Knowledge (L) or the same as a Skill Potion.

1 Like

Ive leveled from 56 to 60 now and not one scroll of experience or iron potion has dropped. Are these common quality or something? Because no one wants to unhide common quality items… please make them rare if so. (Because they are rare)

The most common scroll is declared as rare. The iron potion as epic. These are also all “materials”, so they should get picked up automatically. The recycle thing I added might help with the drop rate, since you then get more component drops = more often a scroll drop.

Thanks for the info (and the cool mod)
These must be super rare then to not get any drops for 3 hours and several levels (over 60)? I did manually pick up a few common ones so Im pretty sure the mod is working. Is this intended?

That seems to be unlucky, the chance is normally 2% to replace a component drop with either a scroll, potion, or a faction token, but I should up it a bit, since the tokens were not accounted for.

Feel free to up the chance yourself, simply extract this to “Grim Dawn/mods/Faster Leveling/database” (not for the DoM version):
records.zip (3.6 KB)

You can change and build the mod through the AssetManager.exe in “Grim Dawn/”, changing the files should be pretty self-explanatory. To build/update the mod, do this:
AssetManagerBuild

2 Likes

Yeah it might be just super unlucky. 2% seems like enough, but its possible over the 300 or whatever components that no scrolls/tokens/potions would drop. On average that would only be about 6 anyway so 0 is very possible.

Ill see if I can do as you say and up the chance for testing. :sunglasses:

Thanks for this work. I liked this mod too much.

I don’t know if I can do this. How can I use Lightweight mod with Grim UI X-Mod?

You have two merge both mods. Quite simple, but not sure if there’s going to be some conflict, but I don’t think so.

1. Install Grim UI X-Mod
  2. Download batches.zip (100.9 KB), copy its contents to “Grim Dawn/mods/Grim UI X-Mod”
  3. Run Extract database
  4. Copy “Grim Dawn/mods/Grim UI X-Mod/database/records” over to “Grim Dawn/mods/Faster Leveling/database”
  5. Do what is written three comments above, with the image
  6. Copy “Grim Dawn/mods/Grim UI X-Mod/resources” to “Grim Dawn/mods/Faster Leveling/resources”
2 Likes

I did what you said. However, there was no change.

Post-process mod subfolders

2022-12-08_215203
2022-12-08_215224
2022-12-08_215245

It looks like you have not yet updated the Faster Leveling (N).arz, since the “date last modified” is still 31.10.2022.

All you have to do now is to open the AssetManager.exe found in “Grim Dawn/”, set it up properly (don’t know if it already is by default), and do what is shown below.

The files from the records folder you copied should be listed there. Simply right-click > build, that’s all!
AssetManagerBuild

1 Like

I did exactly what you said. However, there is no change.

When writing my last comment, I gave it a quick try myself, and it worked (though I only checked the inventory). You can use my changed database: Download

This file is only for the standard Faster Leveling (N) version.

2 Likes