Men and Women Stereotypes in Games

These Sorcerers are always playing naked :smile:

See that Medea, speaking about stereotypes!

1 Like

Moved since a) you wouldnā€™t want me to discriminate now, would you and b) in the wrong topic anyway. :wink:

1 Like

love ya medea. was just being cheeky :stuck_out_tongue:

I know. :rofl:

Xena

3 Likes

Thatā€™s literally the facial expression Iā€™ve seen countless women make while I was on my obstetrics rotation.

Haunts me still to this very day. It was like watching the exorcism of emily rose IRL.

3 Likes

I ā€œsurvivedā€ the Caesarian section at the birth of my son. No pictures, but I will never forget the sound and the smell.

Oh god thatā€™s horrendous lol

1 Like

I mean, some people love O&G. They find fulfilment when they hand the baby over to the parents, and get to share that special moment with them.

I can respect that. 0 judgement from me.

Iā€™m just going to stay tf away from that. Also, I donā€™t want to be the dude who tells a couple of parents that something happened to their baby should things go sideways.

What I love is paeds. I just find it easier to muster up compassion, and go that extra mile for that sick girl in bed 12 with leukaemia than the guy with a foreign object up his anal cavity in bed 6.

I know this shouldnā€™t be the case, but whatever.

2 Likes

and this is where I point out that the desert sorceress is actually a pyromancer.

1 Like

Now do tell me about that. I never played Dark Souls, so yeah :sweat_smile:

1 Like

itā€™s called a sorceress set in DkS2, but pyromancer in dks3. The girls themselves use pyromancies. Sorceries are blue aether type stuff.

2 Likes

I am so glad there are no photos of me when I was delivering my son. He was tough to get rid ofā€¦ I mean, deliver. Long delivery, natural childbirth as well, no spinal, no pain meds (because I am allergic to most opioids that were common at the time, 22 years ago, and was scheduled to start chemo for FM-HCC after I delivered and had time to heal up a bitā€¦). And yeah, an episiotomy without pain medsā€¦ I am sure I had this look on my face at the time. I may have crushed a hand or 2, that were holding mine while it was going on too. :grimacing:

Zantai - please nerf.

Jokes asideā€¦

I remember trying to empathize with these women - partially out of compassion for my future patients, and partially out of morbid curiosity. The closest thing to childbirth that I could imagine was shitting a watermelon.

That was truly a terrifying thought.

I donā€™t care what anyone says, but the fact that women go through this process is a god damn miracle, and is proof that women are tougher than men.

Then you have some next level OP people like you who do it au naturelā€¦ :clap:

And holy shitā€¦if itā€™s been 22 years since your HCC, Iā€™m guessing you beat it? If my memory serves me right, isnā€™t the prognosis for liver cancer extremely poor?

P.S: If Iā€™m overstepping any boundaries, please summon the wrath of medea upon me.

Yeah, well. Prognosis for FM-HCC is never good. But people do survive it and beat it sometimes. And I m just too ornery and obnoxious to be gotten rid of that easily.
Natural childbirth was not really a choice, it was a necessity due to my other medical issues and allergies to meds. I did get morphine afterward, but had to be on supportive care and under constant watch to make sure I did not have a serious adverse reaction. Found out I was preggo 2 weeks before finding out about the cancer. Made a choice to carry my boy and put off aggressive treatment for the cancer, since it was an early detection, and try to go full term (got closeā€¦ 8 months, and he still had a massive melon thanks to our Celtic bloodlines, lol). So yeahā€¦ shitting a watermelon is close.

And no, you overstepped no boundaries. I brought it up, sorry to anyone who reads these comments and gets freaked out.

I am sure you have seen kids who survived the 'unsurvivable", or at least heard of it.
Because, you knowā€¦
giphy

Errrā€¦ I meanā€¦
giphy%20(1)

2 Likes

Is it okay if I pmā€™d you about this? Iā€™ve got so many questions and youā€™re actually helping learn quite a bit of medicine - both the art (i.e. decision making process) and the science (i.e. your medical history) of it.

Thatā€™s actually the one thing about medicine which has taught me a lot about gratitude - the fact that my education is dependent on the misfortune of others.

Meanwhile, I will bring this thread back on topic. :wink:

Do I like picture, Nery posted? Sure, it is eye-candy. No more, no less. I often use pictures of (fantasy) women in my build threads because I like these kind of pictures as Fantasy Art.

As a long time Fantasy P&P-Veteran, it isā€¦normal. Brom, Royoā€¦there are a lot of artists who make these kind of pictures. But times are changing, too. The newer publications of P&P-RPG try to be moreā€¦how should I call itā€¦ā€œopen mindedā€(?).

Just one example from the last edition of Dungeons & Dragons:

1 Like

Right. Times are a-changing.

Even in the japanese gaming industry where gender roles are still very prevalent.

Example:
This is a character in metal gear solid 5:

And this portrayal of Quiet (the name of the assassin shown above) got so much backlash that it actually has forced the director of MGS to reconsider his depiction of female characters.

I am glad Crate didnĀ“t use ā€œChain Mail Bikinisā€ (though it really would be ā€œold schoolā€ :joy:).

2 Likes

Youā€™re saying this because your wife is with you now, yes? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like