Menhir's Will, Arcane Will and Prismatic Rage - bad devotion proccers compared to Blast Shield, Serenity and Resilience

Finally some math in this thread!

1 Like

What does base proc chance in that formula mean exactly? And what is an asset manager?

I’m not. But I also have no idea what the formula is nor the math that goes into it. The Devs do for certain. I was stating that they’re may be a parameter in the formula that we don’t know and changing it would break everything. In the same way monkeying with the skills after 4+ years of balancing numbers. No clue here. Absolutely nothing wrong with asking for an adjustment but I’m not gone to assume it’s a simple fix in the formula.

I literally wrote the formula like 5 posts (ok maybe 15) above your post, my guy:

Sorry, missed this. Now, I’m not asking to be snarky but do you know this is it defintively? I have seen several instants where someone has posted the math and Zantai has come back and says that’s not everything.

If you know it definitively is certain, then the variables seem to be 81 and 11 on cooldown and duration? so it’d be changing those to get something more akin to what Duchy is asking correct?

I’m as confident in it as people are confident in the way Armor or RR works. :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct.

1 Like

Is it possible to have case statements for ProcChance? like: if skill = abc, then ProcChance = x%

I…think I know what you’re asking and I think the answer is ‘no’, but I’m not 100% sure so I’m just gonna link the actual block in the game files:

1 Like

I’m pretty horrible at math and am trying to comprehend this formula. Does anyone know where the 81 and 11 comes from? Like why these values specifically? They’re the same no matter what the devotion/skill is, correct?

Problem is we don’t know what base proc chance is.

1 Like

Lol I think the base proc chance is just that- the default proc chance before you bind any skills to the ability.

I could be wrong though.

I have tried it in excel spreadsheet and I get correct numbers for all skills except for Menhir’s Will I get -20 %, probably there is an absolute value also applied perhaps so that it works even for Menhir’s Will.

Grim Tools provide base proc chance.

They are put there by the devs to get the desired results.
Yes they are the same. You can use base proc chance from grim tools and then confirm the actual result in game.
Remember that all of these calculations are always round down to closest integer.

1 Like

Yes it works except for Menhir’s Will the number is correct but negative. I tried it for Behemoth which has base proc chance 0,15 ergo 15 %

The whole formula must be in absolute value in order for it to give correct result even for Menhir’s Will.

As long as duration > 100/11 seconds then the last factor is negative yes.

And that is 9.09 seconds. Menhir’s Will has 10 seconds.

You guys haven’t considered whether the cooldown starts after the duration or at the start of the duration for MW. If it’s the latter, then there might be a different formula.

Nope, it fits what in game numbers are. I wrote them at the first post of the thread for Behemoth.

The number for Menhir’s Will is correct if it is at 26/16 at that point it has 15 seconds cooldown. And even at 1/16 (it has 25 seconds cooldown) it gives the same % chance so it takes the value from 26/16 case always I guess. But I don’t really have a character with 26/16 Menhir’s Will to try. But in game number for 1/16 behaves like with cooldown from 26/16 in order for the math to fit.