[Mod] D2 Classes aka Noble Paladin

I already find it. Will be fixed in next update.

Sweet! Thanks then I can go back to being lazy :smiley:

Friend, Yadi dont like me. Can you put this amazing mod in another cloud drive?? Thx.

Each version starting with v0.6 shared to both Yandex and Google

Thx Dude. :wink:

But I did something wrong. This glitch appears: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l5eDWvG0Nk09stUK7bS9ywccneTeeEhF

To install I just copy all content to my Grim Dawn folder.

Oh, my god! :eek:

Really you are not know an order of installation of mods?
Archives extracting to /mods folder and starts with ā€œCstom gameā€ mode in main menu.

Thx friendā€¦

Noble Paladin Item Pack Update

New test version available (v0.8.4 Item Pack Update):Yandex.Disk, GoogleDrive
Completed the addition of all the Unique and Set items from D2 + There are a lot of skills changes.

Changelog:
General
Controller interface added
Missed player animation added
Added Unique D2 items as Epics and Legendaries (from those that were not added earlier). Bows implemented as rifles, Spears - as 2H swords, staves - as 2H maces.
Added all 32 D2 Sets as Epics and Legendaries
Added new lore notes

Paladin
Fixed Sacrifice work with ranged weapon
Zeal no more works with ranged weapon
Added flat elemental dmg to Vengeance
Holy Shield now require shield
New skill: Aegis - Holy Shield transmuter, grants heal with shield activation
Holy Fire/Freeze/Shock auras PDS reworked - now deal bit less dmg on low levels and more dmg on high levels, in general corresponds to GD skills
Salvation - increased DoT duration reduction
Thorns - added flat pierce realiation
Meditation - added flat energy regen
Cleansing - added lifeleech resist and disrupt resist, removed -% skill energy cost, added active nergy cost reduction (not shown)

Sorceress
Frozen armor no more Exclusive skill
Nova - moved to tier 4
Frost Nova - moved to tier 5, now Nove transmuter
Cold/Fire/Lightning Mastery - now grants equal bonuses, DoT duration bonus added
FireWall - reguced max number of segments, added duration scaling
New skill: Lightning Wall - Fire Wall transmuter
Teleport - moved to tier 6
Chain Lightning - moved to tier 5
New skill: Mindmace - Telekinesis transmuter
Static Field - added missed ultimatre levels, added disruption
Energy Shield - totaly reworked, now grants flat HP, physical resisit and all max resist with cost a lot of Energy reserve

Asassin
New meshes for all Traps, added conjured traps trackers
Claw mastery - added flat pierce dmg, added spirit requirements reduction for melee
Burst of Speed - added slow resist

Barbarian
Howl - added slow target
Shout - duration scaling reduced
Battle order - duration bonus removed
Battle Command - duration scaling reduced
New skill: Inspiring Presence - modifier for Shout and Battle Command - add duration bonus and apply Find Potion autocast with active Shout buff
Find Potion - removed as active skill
New skill: Battle Rage - Shout modifier - add Aether damage, Physical damage and Stun duration? and apply Find Item autocast with active Shout buff
Find Item - removed as active skill
Increase Stamina - Increased Stun resist
Increase Speed - Increased Trap resist
Bash - Skill template changed, no more basic attack, sligtly reduced weapon dmg scaling
Double Swing - added flat pierce and bleeding damage
Double Throw - added projectile speed bonus
Whirlwind - Skill reworked (Again, probably will be reworked one more time with FG released)
Leap - autocast skill removed
Leap Attack - now Leap modifier, skill will be reworked wuth FG released
Berserk - adde weapon dmg scaling, adde flat aether dmg, reduced autocast bonus values
Weapon masteries ( *** Mastery) - added various binuses
Iron Skin - added retaliation bonus
New skill: Sword and Board - passive bonus for S&B builds (implemented as Iron skin transmuter)

Necromancer
For all skeletons - updated equipment and style. Skeleton Warriors buffed, Skeleton mages updated
For Golems and Revived monsters increased run speed
Corpse Explosion - PFX updated (gutsplosion)
Poison Explosion - now Corpse Explosion Transmuter
Bone spear - added flat piercing
Bone spirit - moved to tier 7
New skill: Blood Spirit - Bone Spirit modifier

Amazon
Pierce - rebalanced chance of activation шŠ°Š½Ń Š°ŠŗтŠøŠ²Š°Ń†ŠøŠø (corresponding to GD WPS - up to 25%), added flat pierce dmg
Impale - Physical to Physical conversion chnged to Physical to pierce
Magic Arrow - added weapon dmg scaling
Guided Arrow - added weapon dmg scaling
Fire/Cold Arrow - skill templates changed, now basic attack. Convertions moved to corresponding 1st modifiers
New skill: Fist of Ares - WPS for ranged weapons

Druid
Grizzly - new mesh (TQ Ragnarok)
Spirit/Dire Wolf - damage increased. Dire Wolf get new texture
Raven - damage increased
Tornado - moved to tier 5
Twister - moved to tier 6 , now Tornado transmuter

As usual, the reasoned proposals are accepted.

I really enjoy the necromancer changes, especially the skeleton buff and look. Walking speed increase for golems makes them viable. Keep up the great work.

Thanks. Hotfix on the way.

Hey I just wanted to post to say first of all this has really been what Iā€™ve wanted since D2 got old. I love it! It is a pain to play three chars at once since I canā€™t decide what combo of D2 is the most fun though (lol) Thank you!

I did have one small(ish) issue though, and I read the entire thread to see if this was brought up: Paladin auras seem to fall off (or more likely are skill disrupted, I think) is there any way to make this at least less likely to happen? I typically only make it 3 to 4 seconds into a fight before I lose it and that includes a skill disruption resist that is ā€˜over maxā€™ on my char sheet.

Either way thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks.
Unfortunately I donā€™t now what is issue. I have not problem with paladin auras, all works correctly. I can suggest, that you spend a lot of energy but I donā€™t know other skills you use, although only Prayer have active energy cost.

Thank you for the reply. I am only guessing at the cause, but the auras seem to fall off after being struck a few times, so I am guessing they were disrupted? I use charge and zeal I think it is. charge once then zeal until there is nothing left to hit. After maybe 3 or 4 hits from mobs and my aura disappears. Iā€™ll see if I can watch it better with my next play through. But let me ask: If the paladin is stunned will the aura stay or will it need to be recast?

If the paladin is stunned the aura will stay.

Hi,
recently discovered this and I have to say well done. I played every single mod there is for GD and this one is very clean, not a single bug i encountered, full of good ideas on D2 skills implementation. Thumbs up to you!
Now I see you re looking for some ideas and after spending some time with the classes I actually got plenty :slight_smile: See there is major difference in design of character progression between D2 and GD, making your work quite difficult.

• in D2 each new tier skill is vastly superior to the skill from previous tier (fireball is better than fire bolt, phoenix strike is better then blades of ice ā€¦). Together with the fact that you have only two active skill slots in D2 and only some 100 skill points, the game design assumes you will pick 3 - 4 top tier skills and thats your build. Later on they added synergies.

• In GD you have 11 active slots, 250 skill points, and skill modifiers. With each tier you unlock you open up a new skill, bot also a mod for a skill lower down the tree which makes that one more powerful, ultimately making all the skills across all the classes viable for the entire game. Also, as with D2 synergies, game rewards you if you invest in entire skill trees

To make D2 skills a lot more ā€œgrim dawnedā€, i would consider doing things like these:

Assassin -
Entire skill line Fist of Fire - Phoenix strike. Either make Fist of Fire active skill and everything else modified (Claws of Thunder adds Lighting dmg to Fist of Fire, Phoenix strike adds + all elemental damage to fists of fire. All those nice novas you have there could be cumulative), or make this entire tree as a passive Weapon pools skills (Assassin doesnt have any but I think should have). In this way you will reward players if they invest in entire skill tree. + all skills items will have MUCH biggers impact on character strength.

Tiger strike + Cobra strike - Make CS modifier for TS, that will make TS powerful life sucking ability useful for entire game.

Dragon talon skill tree - Make this like Nightblade shadow strike line - Dragon tail, single target kick. Dragon talon mod adding AoE, +fire damage. Dragon flight mod adding teleport and + % fire damage + increasing AoE

Venom - entire assassin is done around elemental damage, both weapons skills and traps. Make this one passive ā€œElemental Bladesā€ adding + elemental dmg and +% elemental damage. It will empower entire class

Other skill trees in Assa are good :slight_smile:

Sorceress
This is all done well! You have made good decisions here like making fireball mod for firebolt. Same with Ice bolt tree, Frost Armor skill tree ā€¦ nothing to add, lots of useful things to pick

Paladin
This is an extreme example D2 vs GD design differences. 80% of the skills are exclusive and each tier is vastly more powerful than the previous one. What can be done to make it more diverse?

• Remove salvation, Keep Resist fire and make Resist shock and Resist frost mods for RF. Thus by selecting all 3 skills you will get same effect as picking salvation. You will reward player for investing in entire tree. Or you can lso keep Salvation as mod for Resist fire, adding + Chaos and Aether resists to the mix. That would be actually useful since there is crapload of elemental resists everywhere anyway :slight_smile:

• Holy fire, frost, shock tree - same as above, keep only holy fire as an active skill and make holy shock and frost as mods, adding their damage types to holy fire.

• Might - Blessed Aim ā€¦. Fanaticism - Keep only might, blessed aim mod adding attack speed and +crit damage, fanaticism +all damage +total speed

Doing this will drastically decrease number of exclusives and make each one of them vastly more useful

Barbarian
Generally good, same as sorceress, lots of passives, lots of things to pick

Druid
Good, only thing i would change is - possibly add in there somewhere a skill to strengthen to spell casting abilities, like bear improves the melee.

Amazon
Havent played yet but just looking at it seems fine :slight_smile:

Hope i managed to explain what i mean by those design differences between D2 and GD which makes it impractical to clone the skill trees 1:1 and laos hope this will give you some further ideas on how to progress with you mod.

Edit: - As a golden rule, when you see that one active skill cancels out another active skill in GD, it is a good indication it should become a mod rather then a skill. Eg. in Paladin tree, Salvation cancels out Resist fire (it is so vastly superior in a sense that it has the exact same function + a lot more) indicates Salvation should be a mod rather then individual skill. Exactly the same with Phoenix strike and all the previous skills in the Fists of Fire tree. I think if you take a look at all those classes with the eyes configured like this, youĀ“ll get a millions ideas.

Happy moding :wink:

Do you cooperate with Ram (Reign of Terror mod author)? I mean are the classes in his mod up to date and same as yours in your mod?

Thanks.
Currently i work on further skill implementing.
I already thinked about Assassin and Paladin skills and have similar ideas.
In my vision salavation must be main skill and Resists are modifiers, but it require move salvation on lower tier, also Resist auras placed on their ties, as it have equal mastery points investigation to unlock.
Same with phoenix strike: better if fist/claw/talon will be modifiers, but Phoenix is universal weapon skill while 3 other require swords or daggers (katars in original).
I currently (right now :)) rework dragon line (finishing moves) so 3 skills become WPS.
What about holy fire/freeze/shock, they currently balanced to compare with Veil of shadow and Aura of Censure, and i havenā€™t plans to rework it now.

In General i cooperate with Ram. He uses one of previous version of my mod as base. I also sent him mod source with unique items for future integation in RoT. But I dont work with RoT directly. If Ram consider some new implemention is good, i hope, he add it to RoT.

Hi Denis,
do you have any ETA for the updated version? Im clicking here every day waiting to see those changes mentioned above :slight_smile:

Hi. No, I have nā€™t ETA. Updates releases mainly depends on IRL busyness. Iā€™ll try release made changes at end of week.

v0.8.4b

On request azazelcz, version 0.8.4b available with same link as previous (see 1st post).

Changelog:

Items
For all new D2 items loot tables mininmum level expanded up to -40 (You can find items up to 40 levels lower than you or enemy)

Paladin:
Holy Fire/Freeze/Shock autocasts - added % damage bonus
Aegis - renamed to Faithā€™s Reward
Zeal - reworked (yes, yes, one more time). Now it have 2 cascade autocast with up to 5 total targets.

Sorceress:
Lightning mastery - added missed Electrocut duration bonus

Barabarian:
Battle Rage - fixed skill tier

the last but not the least
Assassin:
Wake of Fire - trapā€™s skill template replaced to nova
Dragon Talon - reworked as WPS
Dragon Claw - reworked as Dual-wield WPS
Dragon Tail - reworked as WPS
Fist of Fire - missed autocast returned
Fist, Claws, Blades annd Phoenix Strike - on Death autocasts replaced with on Crit