[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes: Patch 5.1 Released

Can you make a Wizard from Diablo? I want a fun caster with teleport and Fireball and Chain Lightning. None of the skills in GD currently let me play that.

Can you make a Wizard from Diablo? I want a fun caster with teleport and Fireball and Chain Lightning. None of the skills in GD currently let me play that.
DAIL has the “Elementalist” which is from Dawn of Heroes if you want the mastery without the rest of DAIL. It has a chain lightning - CHECK and a fireball - CHECK.

Just finished the Epic Set for Demon Hunter (Shadow’s Mantle will be Legendary).

You’ll need just 3 items to complete it:
Nightstalker’s Glory
Nightstalker’s Embrace
Nightstalker’s Stealth

The Nightstalker’s Vengeance

Zenith class :stuck_out_tongue:

If its not possible, please consider increasing the activation chance as the skill level increase to near ~100%. When facing a group of monsters, its insta-trigger anyways, or if it were on attack, it would also be insta-trigger. 33% on getting attacked when facing a boss can equal death though.

I have some comments, based on late veteran normal(finished), doing steps of torment and stuff. (edit: I am dead. should stop facing monsters ~5~10 levels above me.)

Invigoration:

for those that don’t know, Invigoration is the skill that adds +15% max mana.
Doesn’t seem very useful.
Whether I am a mage or any other char, I will be spending mana during these 5 seconds, since almost everyone uses a LMB skill. But I will still take the regeneration value as its face value.
Even ignoring that,
with a char near level 40, no point put in to spirit, that puts me to about ~1500 mana. I will be getting a few mana from some items, but I didn’t pick my items to give me any mana or spirit, nor used any components. I also didn’t farm.

preparation at level 6 gives 185 mana per second, for 5 seconds. I assume it will be something like ~250 at max lv.
that is 925 mana. At max, it would be 1250. I am not even mid-way the max level, and it fills like 2/3 of my mana pool. Since this skill can’t refill the mana pool of a non-mage non-spirit character, it won’t be worth it to actually expand the pool. A mage will not ever need it.
In practice, it doesn’t fill much mana(since I am using all my skills during its duration) but functions as a “don’t spend mana for 5 seconds”, so even if it filled more than my mana pool, I could still use all the mana it provides before needing more buffer.
I also think preparation could be a bit better perhaps, a mp pot is way better currently. I know its an addition to that, but the hp regen skills give additional perks, so why not this.

Rapid Fire

33% chance of activating means I have to get hit like ~5 times when I am unlucky. If its a boss, I have to face the boss and use life leech(but I ran the elemental strike line, so life leech is less useful for me), or run away and waste the rapid fire. For normal monsters, getting hit x times is no problem, when facing a boss, its harder. If its a boss with a skill with burst damage, that puts me at a solid chance of dying to get this skill activated.
so if the “it activated when you get hit” part can’t be changed, please consider increasing the activation chance and decreasing the cooldown.
1 - ((67/100)(67/100)(67/100)) = 70% chance of activating when I am hit 3 times.

Awareness

with the other skills and devotions that activate at 33%, and the damage amount monsters can hit, I am either

• activated another skill/devotion due to the 33% barrier on all the other skills, so this would be my second or third life saving skill <- this scenario its kinda useful – in practice I activate ghoulish hunger with shadow power, so that puts me to max hp
  • or I am already dead since there are bosses that hit for more than my 25% hp. <- this is why I didn’t put any points in

of course for a character that went more into defense, its way more useful.

Elemental Strike

with each skill at level 8, I am paying 46+12+12 = 70 mana per hit. If I went with the other lines, it looks like I would be getting more damage for my mana, but I haven’t ran the numbers, let me know if this is false

I will also probably take my final point away from vengeance, 90 second recharge isn’t that reliable for the stats it gives, but I didn’t really try to get it to its max level so I don’t know, maybe all the stats became 100% damage absorp./bonus damage and you become a death machine.

Invigoration was replaced by “Shadow’s Trap”, an adapted version of Caltrops, it slows enemies and reduces their total damage.

Now Rapidfire works like Rapid Strike granted by Ruination rune, but exclusively for ranged weapons.

Vengeance’s cooldown was reduced (90 to 60s), and total damage it gives you was buffed. Now it absorbs 30% of damage taken at all levels, but when it reaches max lvl the dmg absorption is increased to 70% (never 100%, 20 seconds without receiving any damage would take all the fun away.)

ops, about Elemental Strike, its energy cost is “normal” now :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment, Stormcaller :wink:

Invigoration was replaced by “Shadow’s Trap”, an adapted version of Caltrops, it slows enemies and reduces their total damage.

Now Rapidfire works like Rapid Strike granted by Ruination rune, but exclusively for ranged weapons.

Vengeance’s cooldown was reduced (90 to 60s), and total damage it gives you was buffed. At max lvl it absorbs 75% (never 100%, 20 seconds without receiving any damage would take all the fun away.)

Elemental Strike has a balanced energy cost now.

Thanks for the comment, Stormcaller :wink:

Monk preview part 2. Half of the work done!

Fists of Thunder with Bounding Light/ Tempest Rush with Flurry/ Blinding Flash
Deadly Reach/ Sweeping Wind with Inner Storm

Thanks for your nice Mod! :slight_smile:

And a special thanks that you support the translation files! :smiley:

thank you man for the tip about the .txt files name

thank you man for the tip about the .txt files name :wink:

News about the Witch Doctor:

There will be 4 new passive skills:

Circle of Life: 15% chance to spawn a permanent Zombie Dog after kill an enemy using Firebomb (Firebomb will replace Zombie Charger)

Fetish Sycophants: Using Firebats, you have 15% chance on attack to spawn a Fetish Warrior who lives for 60 seconds.

Vengeful Spirit: After kill an enemy using Soul Harvest, you have 10% of chance to enslave the enemy’s soul, making it fight by your side permanently.

Blazing Spiders: Using Poison Dart, you have 10% chance on attack to spawn a Blazing Spider.

Great job. nice work.

Hi Grimer,

I put your mod to Kırmızı Perfect with files also mirrored on my server:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/grim-dawn-witch-doctor-mastery-mod/

Witch Doctor’s update notes:
Corpse Spiders

• No more delay to spawn spiders after the jar hits the ground.
  • Now it scales with player dmg bonuses
  • Live for 4 seconds at all levels (1-15)
  • Level 16: Spider Queens and their Black Widows still live for 12 seconds.

Demon Hunter’s rework:

• Death Star removed. The classic Cluster Arrow will take its place.

the Jade Harvester’s set

The thread’s description is updated with everything you should know about the next patch of this mod.

^^ Wow, great! :smiley:

Change of plans…

Great i really wanted to see how u would have envisioned the diablo 3 classes.
Really looking forward also Great works so far :smiley: