[MOD] Grim Dawn EU Lite MOD featuring GD-DPS: The "Grim Dawn Data Patching System"

Nevermind, I opened the .dbr file and found the line I need to modify

1 Like

Uploaded a new version of GD-DPS + EU Lite mod.

If you intend to play with a character past level 100, this update is mandatory…

1 Like

How can I modify the drop rate for epic and legendary items?

1 Like

Ah… This is a tough one. I am not an expert on the matter sadly. Grim Dawn item drop system is quite occult to say the least.

TLDR resumé: You might be best to ask a modder who has experience implementing new items. Mamba, the creator of Dawn of Masteries, would be a good choice but there are many others…

For ‘Epic’ and ‘Legendary’ items, the big picture is this:

• Each item gets a base definition with fixed stats and player level requirement. An item in that context can be any piece of equipment, weapons, crafting materials, consumables, etc.
  • Each items is ‘listed’ in a ‘loot table’ with each item in that table receiving a ‘weight’ that determine how likely each item gets to be picked from that list. Note that there are many loot tables for different items category and that an item can appear in more than one table with different weight each time.
  • These loot tables in turns get added to ‘master tables’. Again, each loot tables can be assigned to different master tables with, possibly, different weight distribution. These ‘master tables’ gets associated with different monster types, difficulty levels, chests, quests rewards and so on and so forth…

That’s the basics. I never could figure out exactly the precise mechanisms involved. For example, I do not know the answer to such a question as ‘how do I increase the chances for [enter item name part of a set here] to drop?’

In the broader context of item drops I experimented a bit with how to adjust ‘affixes’ generating for item above a certain level which is another ball game completely. Affixes do not concern epic and legendary items and they have theirs own separate mechanic.

Ok, sounds that is too much easy change the difficult to Ultimate than modify the loot rate

I’m trying to use the two mechanincs of smash and grab implement. The experience equation is easy, it use the same but close the equation and divide in 7

This suddenly happened

• DoM 1.5.1
1 Like

I’m playing the updated version and the only problem playing with the new version of DoM it’s visual glitch that cause the potion and evade icons are missing

1 Like

I started working on an update to properly support GD 1.2.0.3 and DoM 1.5.1…

Stay tuned, should not take too long. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

A new version was just uploaded. Read main post for details.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

You the best! :pray:t4::ok_hand:t4::tada:

1 Like

The visual glitch for evade and potions icons are still there

Sound like a DoM problem

1 Like

Hello Sylfrain,

Tried as I might, I am unable to reproduce this issue where the special 1.2 buttons are, like in your picture, “transparent”…

Firstly, it seems from the screenshot you provided, that you run the game with some graphical effects disabled or with reduced image quality. This is okay of course but I was wondering if perhaps this could be the reason the buttons are invisible: Perhaps the “Texture” quality setting… Just a hunch. :smile:

Secondly, I would advice that you first ascertain that playing with an unmodded version of both Grim Dawn and ‘Dawn of Masteries’ result in these buttons displaying correctly. If they don’t on an unmodded game, then the problem is not with GD-DPS or EU Lite MOD.

Thirdly, uninstall all GD-DPS + EU Lite MOD files by double clicking on the batch file “Uninstall GD-DPS Setup Files.bat” located within the Grim Dawn main folder. Once this is done, re-extract the EU Lite MOD 7-zip archive and retry the installation procedure. This will make sure you do not have stray scripts files from a previous version of the MOD.

Finally, if you did not try this already, try starting from a clean slate state with a freshly, unmodified and verified version of Grim Dawn 1.2.0.3 before modding anything.

Tell me how it goes and ‘see you around’! :upside_down_face:

Welp, probably it’s my graphics settings because when you launch a new update I uninstall the GD-DPS for safety and integrity reasons

I try to change the graphics settings now I know I can run GD in x64 bits version and the game doesn’t explode

1 Like

This utility is very good, but it has one problem - it does not install the gog version of the Grim Dawn game. Please fix this or make a mod with the same functions. There is an example, but it has not worked since the end of 2016 - mod Legendary cap remover

1 Like

Hello boykoym1,

As I do not have the GoG version of the game, I require the help of the community (like you!) to provide the information I am missing. :smile:
You are the first person to post here on this topic so, if you could help me out a bit by answering these questions as best as you can:

1 - Did you try installing EU Lite MOD on the GoG version of the game? If so, did you get a message saying:

“Currently, for Grim Dawn version 1.2.0.3, the MD5 HASH is not known for the ‘GoG’ and the ‘Definitive Edition’ of the game. If you own one of these versions please contact the author so that these signatures can be included in future version of the MOD. Once the installation is completed, the MD5 HASH of the Grim Dawn executable can be found near the end of the ‘GD-DPS.log’ file.”

2 - If you did get that message, did you force the installation to continue anyway by answering both security questions?

3 - If the installation was not interrupted at point 2, was the game playable after the installation completed?

Independently of how it went, if you could follow these relatively simple steps to provide me with the MD5 HASH signature for the GoG version of the Grim Dawn executable that would be awesome:

• Extract the content of the “GD-DPS + EU Lite MOD” 7Zip archive to the main folder of the GoG version of the game… I can’t provide precise direction for this but it should be quite obvious where it is.
  • In a Window Explorer view of the main game folder, double click on “GD-DPS.bat” to launch the GD-DPS console.
  • Copy and paste (or type) the following command directly in the console window:
    "Check File MD5" "Grim Dawn.exe" ??

The 32 hexadecimal long MD5 HASH signature of the executable should be printed just below the entered command on the console. Using the mouse, highlight it then copy/paste the value here…

Thank you (very much!) :upside_down_face:

Of course, I tried to install this mod version of the game, but I didn’t force it - I don’t know how to do it.
I also immediately unzipped the archive with the mod directly into the root folder of the game - the one where the exe file version Grim Dawn is 32 bit.

The response of the bat file was bad - the installation bat file was immediately closed, and the GD-DPS.bat file in response to the command “Check File MD5” “Grim Dawn.exe” or Check File MD5" "Grim Dawn.exe produced this message in its console - “Check” is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

1 Like

Ok… Strange.

The Command must include the 2 question mark at the end as well as all the double quotes exactly as shown.

As for the Installation not working on your system, if you could try to enter this command at the GD-DPS console and see what happen.

"Diagnose"

Post the output of that command here if possible and I’ll see what I can do to solve the problems.

I forcibly installed the mod, as it turned out, immediately in the menu of the mod’s installation bat file you need to press the command-key N, and immediately after that Y, then the mod is installed without any problems, it took me less than 20 minutes on the SSD disk.

1 Like

Asrind11111.

When the installation of the mod ends, you need to answer a bunch of questions - what the level will be, about piety, and others. How should you answer them - with numbers or words in English, or doesn’t matter at all? Which version of this mod is better to install - large or small, with the archive opened to install 1.2 megabytes or 165.8 megabytes?

In general, the mod unpleasantly surprised me with one detail - instead of creating a config file, changing which you can change everything in the mod to the side you need, from the minimum in the vanilla version of the game to the maximum in the mod, it was easier and much more convenient for players.