[MOD] Journal multi-page numbers and section numbers

What it do:

• Shows numbers in the bottom right corner if a note is a part of a multi-page journal and how many notes total of this journal are in Grim Dawn. (Check the bottom right corner)

• Additionally also adds a number to the note sections showing how many notes total of this section there are in Grim Dawn.

This is for the lore-people that want to complete their collections :wink:

Installation:
No need to use any actual mods to play the game, you can use it with any old characters.
Download the following file and extract it into your Grim Dawn folder:
journalnumbers.zip (195.2 KB)

If you only want the multi-page count without the section numbers, either remove _ui.txt files from the zip or just download this file instead:
journalnumbersPo.zip.zip (160.7 KB)

If you are using also my Faction goods-infos mod, you can download this file here which includes both together:
factions_goodsinfos_plus_journalnumbers.zip (203.1 KB)

Compatibility-Issues and other Notes:
Be aware that the mod is not compatible with any mods that change the same files. If it asks you to overwrite something when extracting, you already have something there which uses the same.

Also the mod is only available for the standard English-version.

If one of these is your issue (such as when you have custom translation files made by the Rainbow-Filter mod), you can edit the files yourself and add the changes I did to them. See which files I added in the zip, these are the ones you need to change in the incompatible mod or translation.
Here is a detailed explanation:
If the “_storyelements” text-files get overwritten, just open them in a text-editor like Notepad and search for the “#Journals” line in the files from me, and copy all the lines up until the “#Guards” line. Replace the same lines in the files of the other mod you have already installed with these.
If the “_ui” text-files get overwritten, just search for the “tagCodexJournalSubHeading” lines in the files from me, and copy all the lines that have those at the start. Replace the same lines in the files of the other mod you have already installed with these.

If you want to change your own localization you may download instead this file which includes the files in the correct localization folder hierarchy:
community_journalnumbers_raw.zip (195.1 KB)
Translations are saved in the /localization folder, extract the relevant files from it, edit them, then rezip them back in the correct folder structure.

Also available on Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/81

updates:
13.01.2021 - updated to 1.1.9.0 Translation
18.09.2020 - updated to 1.1.8.0 Translation
28.02.2020 - updated to 1.1.6.0 Translation (addition of Monster shrines)
04.02.2020 - fixed some spacing issues and added ripped halves and Kymon’s First Passage (where are the others???!!!)

Thanks to DenisMashutikov for the help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very cool idea! :+1:

1 Like

Update:

• fixed some spacing issues and added ripped halves and Kymon’s First Passage (where are the others???!!!)
1 Like

Update:

• updated to 1.1.6.0 Translation (addition of Monster shrines)

Update:

• updated to 1.1.8.0 Translation

Update:

• updated to 1.1.9.0 Translation