[Mod] Legendary Cap Remover [01/05/2016]

How can fix this? using what?

Lol, thanks Epicbeard, glad you like it.

switchkill88: there is some explanation by me in this thread on basics.
to set values, just double click in the values column and you can adjust values. or try rightclicking and selecting the proper option.

teinedraig, thank you very much for the suggestion. I am happy for the helpful input, but unfortunately at stock such Components will still be considered incomplete.
Actually making this change is not much of a problem, but it would lock people in, which I want to avoid.

I will release that CE script to solve the issue, it is already done and has been tested for a good month.

I will also release a SetAlwaysWarp CE hack, so you can get yourself unstuck if you are in an area where teleporting via Riftgate is disabled. Or you just don’t want to teleport.

Release of the next Version might take a while, I am aiming towards a V3 release worthy of the Version bump.

Added features will probably contain thedarkbobos skeletons spawning, albeit I am still figuring out how to make this optional and the skeletons attacking you. Hope this will work out as it will allow for a wide range of optional gameplay possibilities.

I’ve solved Autopickup for all Components, Potions, Questitems.
At the moment it is not configurable, as in always enabled.
It also might lower droprates for Gear, something I have to test further, as well as any adverse effects this may or may not have.
But on the bright side, you can fight and run through a map and not drown in useless clutter drops while still getting your stuff.
This wasn’t as easy as I’d have liked to implement, the support for lua in the form of logging, actually any kind of feedback is abysmal.
It will also make you unable to throw away said items, if you cannot sell them they are there to stay. I am working on a solution to toggle this on or off at will.
Summoning NPCs, ie Smuggler, Shop etc seems for some reason to not work.

Autopickup for Gear is currently impossible, unless I again missed something.

That’s a feature I was thinking on working on.
Happy to see someone already did it :slight_smile:

Heh yeah, it was a real pain to get to work, although the end result looks tiny…

figuring some of the quirks of GD was probably the most painful part, besides the lack of print output visibility. UI Notify is too little to go by.

Again, want logging enabled or any way to see my print statements.

Edit;
Almost forgot, regarding Auto-Pickup, what kind of toggle would you like to see to enable/disable this, or is everyone happy to have it always on?

I have very few options to implement a toggle, which is why I am asking.

Hi, could you define " spawn when available"
Because I notice after some run in one map, I " run out" of heroic bosses to kill, like I can only encounter them one time, the next time I quit to main menu and restart they’re gone. Didn’t test with quit to desktop though, gonna try when I got back from work.
And the unlimited transfer, did you do any thing in v2.1? Because I can no longer transfer dynamite by transfer stash too, augment still work fine.

And thank for the great mod btw, never though I could get so much fun :smiley:

It is through the asset manager after you have unpacked the arz file.

To transfer quest items the CE hack should be used, I need to check if this is the updated version which allows quest items to be moved.
Unfortunately nothing I can do about quest items without a CE hack, or risk breaking quests. I tend to just use GDStash to drop such questitems into my stash when needed.

spawn when available, some spawns are managed/culled by the engine and as such can not occur more often than they do at the moment. I am working on a scripted solution to improve this, but no results so far.

and hey, tenedraig, do you think the components are so pressing that it needs an immediate fix? Well everyone really.
I am in the middle of some scripting work and some other fun improvements, and need to clean that before release, so that is the main reason why I am pushing the releasewindow, it simply takes a lot of time to only release the done features. Time much better spent on actually making stuff work properly.

On that note, I think I am able to offer an on/off switch for autopickup, clunky but workable.
autopickup has a bug i cannot fix unfortunately, dropping any stack of items which are on the list of autopickup will reset their count to 1.
But at least no drops are affected, and components autocompleted by the ce hack play nice.
And i am still gathering as many gearpieces as before. Money cannot be autopicked from afar due to scripting limitations. Also reverted the pickup from range by rr for money to ease pickup.

The bug is the main reason I want a toggle, but even at worst it should still be fixable with Zanzers item stack hack to set any to what it was.
Also fixed Zanzers Faction editor to work with v1003 so that should also be nice.

Have done some work on Nemesis spawns, but those are really tricky, I do hope to be able to offer more consistent spawns.
I can say with certainty there will be more nemesis spawns, more variance. albeit not as consistently as i want them to happen. So far if any spot has a nemesis spawned, all other for that race stop spawning, maybe even for all races. And trying to fix that cost me several days during the past weeks.

In general I want full control and all spawns spawning when they can, and set numerous parameters to achieve that, but a short look at the engine told me i might not be able to perfectly guarantee all spawns to happen.
I will focus on ensuring the Hero+ monsters to spawn one way or another.

Can spawn a smuggler npc at will now, this should help manage your items, this method should work for any npcs, so spawning a (custom)shop on the go ought to work.

If there is an NPC you want access to on the go, please drop a line.

I do believe these features do warrant some wait for V3. I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes you. waiting can be irritating I know. but I do hope your playing experience is unimpaired while I am working on this.

Ok thanks. that is something i have to look in to. i tried open the database with notepad++ but i just got an headache :rolleyes:

something offtopic just cross in my mind while playing, is it possible to add 1 or 2 more skill bars?

or you could just wait for the release of the next version…
the proposed edit will make your gear worse, without the mod enabled.

anyhow, i do appreciate if you credit me for my work, if you insist on using it.
and do not release any edits under your own name, that would be highly disrespectful. I am not kidding here, do not piss me off.
I am doing this for free, sharing my work and what I am seeing in these last few posts is making me very uneasy.

My Autopickup, will also do autocomplete for components you have stored completed. So this will fix the issue i believe.
I think i am fed up and will encrypt that script.
And any others If there is no respect given.

I have run into an interesting bug. Mobs are longer spawning! I was just about to enter act 3 ultimate when all mobs stop spawning. I was level 101 if that matters.

If this message is for me, don´t worry :slight_smile: i have no intentions in modding at all. If you are thinking of fixing this i hope it will be soon. Great mod, i like it a lot. Can you add 1 or 2 skills bars to game?

I am happy to wait, I was just offering some info that might have been a quick work around. I figure if I wait then you will come up with a clean solution so no worries :slight_smile:

When using Canister Bomb , the fragments…they just flew off the screen without explode.
I guess it is due to the change of Attack Ranges.

when will the update to fix the components be coming out? im playing with only this mod and really need it :P.

Something i´ve been doing for a temporary fix is to put the vanilla database to upgrade components and after that get back to the mod, but just like you i want the update for this great mod :undecided:

to the mod creator. amazing work.

i was doing some testing… did a run to etram fald with 100s of rare smithing components to test out your new legendaries.

and it seems that when he makes legendary items. they do not get any affixes attached to them.

nevermind
i spammed a ton of them. it seems to be rare but there is a chance of affixes, it isnt guranteed.

interesting!

hey ive borrowed your hard work and i would liek to include in my half assed mod compilation

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38785

if your ok and the other guy is ok ill upload my compilation as it grows.

This looks very interesting.
I might actually reinstall GD after reading about the changes in this mod.
One of the biggest issues for me was the need to run around with every single toon to grab Shrines. Not that I don´t like the Devotion system, I love it. But I´m really not a fan of how it is implemented (i.e. shrines). To top it of the run speed (or rather lack thereof) was equally frustrating. :eek:

Any chance you might add an option to make Shrines account bound? As in once you´ve fetched fetched all 50 dev points with one toon each new toon starts with it unlocked? Or even an option to link devotion points to character level instead and skip all shrines?
Just a thought. :wink:

Hey amazing work! Playing this with DAIL, and this is awesome!

One question though! Is it normal that I found a legendary epic??

Can someone bring me light.

I’ve found a couple legendary in act 1 elite. It’s some weird ennemy npc who is spawning randomly, looks like thermite mine and drops 2 legendary each time. Not sure why do they spawn. I’ve found like 2 legendary lvl 65 when I was like lvl 15.

Is it normal?