[Mod] Nydiamar Dungeons

Nydiamar Dungeons

A very large dungeon featuring many known regions from Nydiamar. Use your own high level characters from the main campaign to play through it or instead play one of six already fully built characters included in the download.

Another Very Long Description

All of the dungeons you find yourself in are restructured versions of existing regions from Nydiamar. Even regions that were previously not considered to be a Rogue-Like Dungeon are now one, for example the Nehada Desert or Above the Waste. Overall there are 22 small to large scale dungeons included, all connected through the Nydiamar Arx.

Each one underwent a balance and content pass. Odul Aela’s Dungeon for example has a much higher chance to spawn a boss encounter than before, or Overrun Fields is now packed full of Suspicious Scarecrows, which are a bit more dangerous than they were before. Some now have more enemies and bosses to slay, others more chests to loot or secrets to discover.

The enemy density is increased drastically, maybe even a bit too much. The enemy level scaling can go beyond level 120, and increases the further you get. You can not use your Personal Riftgate in any of the dungeons, and entering one locks the entrance for the current game session — dying means you have to start over.

The Nydiamar Arx is divided into several levels, with each level featuring a new bunch of dungeons. If you want to advance deeper down you first need to acquire a certain amount of Casthel Keys to unlock the next level.

Completing a dungeon for the first time always awards you 50 Casthel Keys. Afterwards you can farm between 3 to 14 Casthel Keys per completion, depending on the length and difficulty of the dungeon you are doing.

They can also be exchanged for several rewards, such as Beutekugeln or Divine Crystals, which grant you temporary buffs.

While exploring each region, you might occasionally encounter well hidden and suspicious looking scarecrows. They do drop legendary loot if you pop them.

But oftentimes they might also summon a bunch of bosses or even something more dangerous. You can pop them very easily, actually as easy as one could imagine. So be a bit more careful when blindly lighting up enemies.

The Level Cap is increased to 200. Each level above 100 grants you two additional Skill Points, as well as one Attribute Point. All enemies scale with you — this makes sure that the longer you go, the harder it gets. You no longer lose experience when dying.

The Devotion Cap is increased to 100. In addition to the drops of Attribute and Skill Points from Beutekugeln or other loot sources you now also drop Devotion Points occasionally. All Divine Spheres will reward you 8 Devotion Points upon popping them.

Without such changes and rewards there would be nothing left to get excited about, since most characters are already min-maxed. Now dropping a legendary Beutekugel or reaching a new level should get you excited to potentially further improve your character.

Update 2 (Nydiamar Update Notes)

Update 1

What's new?

New Location — Edge of Eternity

New Location — Escalation

New Location — Where the Time Goes

New Location — Shady Fields

Changes to Existing Content

• All relevant improvements from the previous two Nydiamar updates
  • Fully reworked the ending with improved visuals and dialog
  • Reworked the visuals of Nydiamar Arx (III)
  • Changed the drop effect of Casthel Keys to differentiate them from Beutekugeln
  • Enemies now scale with +CharacterLevel / 7 levels instead of flat +15 levels (You can change this on your own)
  • Increased Run Speed Cap from 140% to 150%
  • A few other minor fixes and changes, nothing noteworthy

In Nydiamar Dungeons you can explore the following regions and dungeons:

• Hoolth Fortress
  • Siegmar’s Landing & Challenge
  • Sedaah Ruins
  • Nydiamar Arx
  • Escalation
  • Adventurous Dungeon
  • A Nightmare
  • Hawton Mine
  • A Strange Well
  • Sacred Halls
  • Weerhoalt Cemetery & Tomb
  • Sanctuary
  • Overrun Fields
  • Shady Fields
  • Odul Aela’s Dungeon
  • Nehada Desert & Miniature Nehada Desert
  • Ancient Ruins
  • Mystic River
  • Passage I & II
  • Where the Time Goes
  • Crate
  • Snowy Landscape
  • Ice Cave
  • Depraved Ruins
  • Cold Ruins
  • Above the Waste
  • Ashes
  • Scorched Grounds

A simple batch file is included in the download. Use it to copy one or multiple characters over to the custom games save game location (Do it manually if it is not working). You do need to use GD Stash afterwards to add the ‘In Mod’ flag for the character. Tool is also included in the download (I hope this is not a problem, many of you probably already have it).

There are already several characters included in the download you can freely use and get killed. They are lots of fun, although some are a bit too competent.

The currently included builds are:

I’m not very good when it comes to builds, so I hope the build authors won’t mind me having built them almost 1:1. These builds and especially the build guides are very well done!

DOWNLOAD SECTION

The download below is from Nydiamar — Download the full version but only install “NydiamarDungeons” from it.

The Diablo 3 version makes sure that you also have the challenging Diablo 3 bosses to fight.

Please check the Nydiamar page for all recent changes and credits.

[Full version | Diablo 3 Classes | ULTIMATE — Size: ~2400 MB]

After installing Nydiamar Dungeons you need to apply the patch listed below.

[Patch to remove Unlock Requirement]

Hardcore versions of the characters are also included — Try it as a challenge to play through this mod with only the six characters available in the download.

Alternative Website to Download

NEXUS

Extract the folder to your ’mods’ folder in your installation directory, execute the included batch file afterwards.

You do not play a new character in this mod. Play Nydiamar instead if you want to start anew.

Only use characters capable of playing on Ultimate. Don’t use characters from other mods - you will mess them up.

The expansions Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods are required.

Multiplayer is not supported for now and won’t work at all.

Feel free to message me directly on Discord to report bugs, suggest changes or discuss the mod:

Houck#7537

Feedback or suggestions are always appreciated.

I will gift you some games from the list below if you manage to complete the mod on Ultimate with a character played on Hardcore. Send the character to me here or on Discord after reaching the end (meeting the goat).

Game List

Burnout Paradise
Dead Space 1
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Crysis 2
Company of Heroes & All Expansions
Dragon Age: Origins
Empire: Total War
Endless Legend
Endless Space
Furi
Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
Hitman: Absolution
Kingdom Rush
LOST PLANET 3
Mass Effect 2
Mirror’s Edge
Monster Loves You!
Mountain
Neverending Nightmares
Plague Inc: Evolved
Resident Evil 4 (Low Violence)
Rock of Ages 2
Samorost 3
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shoppe Keep
Sudden Strike 4
Super Hexagon
Tropico 5
Uurnog Uurnlimited
Verdun
Wargame: Red Dragon
Windward
Ziggurat

Soundtrack/Credits

A small selection of locations to showcase the mod — check the Nydiamar page for more

Hoolth Fortress

Nydiamar Arx (Level II)

Nydiamar Arx (Level III)

Nehada Desert

Depraved Ruins

Siegmar’s Challenge

Strange Well

Passage

Above the Waste

Sanctuary

Snowy Landscape

15 Likes

This looks hot, will grab mod to try next weekend!

1 Like

Woww it so cool, thanks ya :>

1 Like

I am honored to be featured and be a part of this atleast in some small way :blush:

And should you ever need me to make a particular kind of pet build and have something in mind, I will gladly assist whenever/however needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

No one asked for it, but here it is — A simple way to adjust the difficulty further.

Here’s how it works:

• Download .zip file
  • Put the NydiamarDungeonsChangeDifficulty folder into your ‘mods’-directory
  • Put the templates folder into your ‘database’-directory (in case you have not one yet)
  • Open the AssetManager — Select NydiamarDungeonsChangeDifficulty — Make your changes under Database
    • records/game/gameengine.dbr — Proxy Info: Lets you modify the enemy density
      • Modify the third indexed value each time, which is for Ultimate
    • records/proxies/* — Config: Lets you set the minimum level of enemies
      • Change the value averagePlayerLevel+15 to what you want, e.g. averagePlayerLevel+0, keep the rest the same
      • A lot faster if you just mass edit all files (‘Find and Replace’ in Notepad++) outside the AssetManager
  • Build the mod — Select ‘No To All’ when asked if you want to delete files
  • Go to mods/NydiamarDungeonsChangeDifficulty/database/, rename NydiamarDungeonsChangeDifficulty.arz to NydiamarDungeons.arz, copy it to the actual mod folder and overwrite the old file

[Included in mod download, do no longer use the previous version]

NOTE: If you want to change the difficulty of Nydiamar Update 13 Patch 0 (with Diablo 3 Classes), you need to use the file Nydiamar/database/Nydiamar.arz instead of the provided one called Adjust the difficulty further/NydiamarChangeDifficulty/database/NydiamarChangeDifficulty.arz. Replace NydiamarChangeDifficulty.arz with the correct one, then do your thing. (The correct .arz must be 44MB, not 28MB.)

Patch 1

Changes

• Added a Quest to each level of the Nydiamar Arx that now tracks your completion of all dungeons
  • Slightly increased mob density

A way to track progression was really missing, so here it is. The mod is now as complete as it could be.

Enjoy.

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

1 Like

Is patch 1 not updated synchronously?

Sorry, uploading the mod takes a long ass time, so I did only do one platform yet. But I’m on it!

The main reason is that I can’t open the link to MEGA NZ. :frowning_face:

It is recommended that the updated patch only contains the changed data package .arz and resource package . arc. This compressed file will be much smaller, upload and download are easy.

Yeah, you right. Now I feel a bit stupid that I did not think of this. Gonna do it differently next time, thanks for letting me know.

Patch 2

Changes

• Removed the Level Limiter values from the World Map, since they were not working above Level 100
  • Changed the Minimum Level of enemies from 115 to averagePlayerLevel+15

You can now play characters that are below Level 100. Adjust the difficulty if the scaling is still too much.

There is no reason for anyone to download this patch if you are already playing a character that is Level 100.

1 Like

Man you map-building skills are amazing! Great job

tag_DungeonName15=Mystic River
tag_DungeonEntrance15Locked= ^rLocked (Unlock it by finding its entrance in the Nehada Desert)

I couldn’t find the entrance of the Mystic River in the Nehada Desert. After searching for every corner, I couldn’t find it. I had to ask for help again.
Is the prompt wrong?

OK! It has been found.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Update 1

Adds content from the last two Nydiamar updates

New Location — Edge of Eternity

Find all hidden Suspicious Scarecrows to unlock the exit. They might spawn a boss occasionally when you pop them.

New Location — Escalation

An arena where spawns of enemies escalate further and further the longer you survive — until you no longer can handle them. 4 spheres appear in each corner after a short delay. Pop them all five times to complete this location. Only the random option that spawns a mix of everything is available at first.

There is also an Extreme Mode, which escalates the spawns even faster, but also increases the rewards you gain as well as decreases the respawn delay of the spheres, letting you complete this location twice as fast.

This is a fully optional location.

New Location — Where the Time Goes

Survive for 6 minutes. The spawns of enemies escalate further as the soundtrack builds up.

You need to complete this location to be able to progress further inside Passage II.

New Location — Shady Fields

Fight Wardens — not one, but many of them. Whenever you kill a Warden the first time, it splits into two. The same happens with Wardens resulted from the first split. And since this is Nydiamar Dungeons, those Wardens will split once again — which leads to overall 24 Wardens. Kill them all to complete this location.

Changes to Existing Content

• All relevant improvements from the previous two Nydiamar updates
  • Fully reworked the ending with improved visuals and dialog
  • Reworked the visuals of Nydiamar Arx (III)
  • Changed the drop effect of Casthel Keys to differentiate them from Beutekugeln
  • Enemies now scale with +CharacterLevel / 7 levels instead of flat +15 levels (You can change this on your own)
  • Increased Run Speed Cap from 140% to 150%
  • A few other minor fixes and changes, nothing noteworthy

The Level Cap is now 200. Each level above 100 grants you two additional Skill Points, as well as one Attribute Point. All enemies scale with you — this makes sure that the longer you go, the harder it gets. You no longer lose experience when dying.

The Devotion Cap is now 100. In addition to the drops of Attribute and Skill Points from Beutekugeln or other loot sources you now also drop Devotion Points occasionally. All Divine Spheres will reward you 15 Devotion Points upon popping them. Each part of the Nydiamar Arx has two of them.

I love this mod. Being able to tailor it towards the well-done locations and removing the bad ones feels great. The problem with Nydiamar is that over the time everything I added was vastly different and improved compared to the initial content, but I could not just go ahead and remove the old content, since it was required for the progression — e.g. Yamuna Forest or Lorshade Mine, they are too cramped and linear, and without a story or red thread quite pointless. This is not the case with Nydiamar Dungeons.

I enjoy working on this mod much more than Nydiamar due to these reasons (I also love the idea of the large mysterious complex connecting worlds).

As always, bugs are to be expected, since I could not test everything.

Enjoy. ~

4 Likes

So at first i really enjoyed lvling up a char in ur mod, until i got to the field where there are Bunch of wardens and i was lvl 10…IMPOSSIBLE. IM not sure how or why i got that map, i mean i thought i downloaded Nydiamar and not dungeons? Off nexus and then did the patch to have the d3 classes, or are they both within the same mod? I was wanting ur main mod and to lvl through that, but 1 warden let alone 24? is WAY TOO MUCH. Not sure about what the Balance should be but, again so much going on im abit confused? Otherwise the map is interesting, i love the idea of having ways to earn extra attribute, skill and devotion points. Thanks for all the hard work on the mod, maybe i did something wrong?

So the mod you are replying to is Nydiamar Dungeons, an endgame mod for only min-maxed level 100 characters. I mean, even on this mod 24 Wardens might be a bit ridiculous, but that’s quite the point. Here this map is also almost at the end, basically after a load of other ridiculous situations. But obviously you are talking about Nydiamar, just wanted to make this clear.

In Nydiamar the amount of Wardens is only half of that, so potentially 12 Wardens at once. Not much better. But you do not fight them all at once, 12 is the worst case. At first there are only three, so one should kite one away, kill him, then kite and kill one of the two resulted splits, then kill both resulted splits from the next split, and afterwards do the same for the second first split — and then you do the same again with the second one of the primary three. So one should never fight more than two or three at once.

But to address your problem — this area is indeed way too difficult for a new character, but the Point of Interest in front of it tells one that much. If you have found the shortcut key you could run through this area (the Wardens can’t catch you) and use the shortcut on the left side to skip a small portion of the beginning, but besides this the whole area should be ignored until you got a strong character, probably around level 50. The actual path a new character normally takes is through the large house from before.

The difficult content is normally inside marked Rogue-Like Dungeons, so you know beforehand what your are getting into. The rest of the mod (the normal path) is quite fair and designed for new characters, so maybe give it another try and take the other path!

There are two versions for Nydiamar, one with and one without the D3 classes — you do not add these classes through a patch! The patch you can currently download is only for the D3 version, which adds the D3 bosses to the mod (which are also ridiculously hard).